Jbs Demolished By Piston Power

Notices

Jbs Demolished By Piston Power

Old 09-17-2010, 01:56 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x
I don't think this guy was "bashing" or greatly out of line. The JBS team has continuously walked around with their pants down around their ankles in a lot of their posts.

It has always seemed to me that anyone with a big power, mega boat gets an inordinate amount of respect on this website simply for writing a check, regardless of whether or not the boater in question has an ounce of class, skill, or common sense. (some do, some don't). As far as the "concern" that criticisms on the web could be damaging to potential sponsors, I submit the following:

1. Any publicity is better than none at all.
2. The sport of Offshore Racing has damaged itself in a myriad of ways and continues to do so in the eyes of both sponsors and TV media types. The causes of this are too numerous to list (again), but I assure you that negativity on enthusiast websites is way down the list.

We need to understand the difference between thoughtful criticism and "bashing". The former is needed for any endeavour to move forward, the latter is simply a release of frustration or an unwarranted attack.

Welcome to OSO Nautdesign....... It's nice to see points made in such an articulate and urbane fashion.

T2x
+1

Originally Posted by Poker~N~Run
I do not know JBS so this is in general. I raced for years and I will tell you most drivers can be dicks. Its called ego. Thinking and knowing your the best. If you think your just ok well that the first step to second place. A driver without some swagger is usually an "also ran". I wasnt much on talking trash because if you end up having a bad day you have to eat crow and deflect the real problems. Now drivers and owners do talk trash to each other the public just doesnt get to see it. Thats competition and it happens on or off the track. Even when men were gentlemen and I think most still are intimidation is a big factor. You stare someone down, bump them while on a restart and get in their head. Like Earnhardt smiling at you in your mirror. You knew what was about to happen.
Totally Agree,

The mind games that go in in the pits often have a big result on the track. Much more to being a winning race driver than being a quick one.
Old 09-17-2010, 02:12 PM
Charter Member#1545
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by T2x
I don't think this guy was "bashing" or greatly out of line. The JBS team has continuously walked around with their pants down around their ankles in a lot of their posts.

It has always seemed to me that anyone with a big power, mega boat gets an inordinate amount of respect on this website simply for writing a check, regardless of whether or not the boater in question has an ounce of class, skill, or common sense. (some do, some don't). As far as the "concern" that criticisms on the web could be damaging to potential sponsors, I submit the following:

2. The sport of Offshore Racing has damaged itself in a myriad of ways and continues to do so in the eyes of both sponsors and TV media types. The causes of this are too numerous to list (again), but I assure you that negativity on enthusiast websites is way down the list.

We need to understand the difference between thoughtful criticism and "bashing". The former is needed for any endeavour to move forward, the latter is simply a release of frustration or an unwarranted attack.

Welcome to OSO Nautdesign....... It's nice to see points made in such an articulate and urbane fashion.

T2x
Good points. Adversity does seem to stimulate the post count though.

Racers such as David Scott and Steve David do set a standard that is exemplary and show true class and dignity.

Sam
Old 09-17-2010, 09:13 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by T2x

T2x
… well this is encouraging. I’ve also received private messages of support so there certainly appears to be a marked degree of bilateralism here.

JBS Crew- I have been rude in deferring my response to you so I’ll be certain to reply this weekend.
Old 09-17-2010, 09:23 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by nautdesign1
He could reduce the prominence of his own initials, dramatically positioned and at great size on his boat, or even take the drastic step of reducing the size of his blown up face on the side of his tow vehicles?
LOL!
Old 09-18-2010, 02:01 AM
Registered

Cavanti53

There is nothing wrong with any of the posts. Everyone is entitled to their opinion and like one of the other members said, this all makes for stimulating reading.

I wish Miss Geico and Aquamania ran at LOTO as well.

More impressive than most anyone was some of the smaller Skaters hitting the speeds that they did.

If the Mercedes Boat can hit 193mph top speed and the turbines easliy 200mph + and they hit 150's and 180's respectively than the Nauti and Skater numbers were super impressive on a 1 mile course.

I am just happy that with this economy we still have events like this going on and all of the poker runs and racing. I love seeing the youtube videos and all of the professional pics from Naples, FreezeFrame, Sharkey, and others.

Take it easy guys....Thank God for our troops fighting for our freedom so that we can do any of this.
Old 09-18-2010, 12:29 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by thisistank
Not that I'm picking sides but then you have those like Marc Granet (Miss Geico) that dedicates a whole blog to accepting responsibility and taking accountability for his own actions...Kind've refreshing to see in any sport (or aspect of life for that matter)....

http://www.powerboatmag.com/marc-granet-s-blog/
There's a certain team owner who needs to read Marc's blog...
Old 09-18-2010, 12:44 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by PARADISE ISLAND
You jumped on the bean wagon after the retard remarkAs far as Mr legend (in his own mind)stated about media&sponsors can you show the facts instead of claiming all the other racers have ethics&class&respect
Comment:

Paradise Island You are right on point here a whole lot of BS!

Did anyone read the first post by Nautdesign1 a run on sentence/paragraph with a hidden agenda to which I still do not know what the goal is with this thread.

All this pontification makes me want to vomit--- words like "bilateralism" and "urbane" is that how you speak to people in public...may be in some urbane coffee shop while drinking your refined soy latte of the day. Gimme a break let me know when you get your man card back.

Nautdesign1 what is it you really want to say stop dancing around the topic if you want to call out JBS then say it. Then again your probably too busy with your deferred schedule to write in such forums.

KAP
P.S. Nautdesign1, I do not know who you are but if an ordinary performance boater said the things you do about a well known team they would be hide heeled to their keyboard. Carry on, I gotta get going my schedule now has several conflicts due to my writing in your urbane thread.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:10 PM
Registered

I've read this post a couple of times and am still baffled-didn't want to use too big of a word there. You're insulting someone for using a word like bilateralism or urbane. Why is that? Because they sound too intelligent? I hate coffee shops, and coffee, for that matter, but feel quite comfortable using words made up of more than two syllables in everyday conversation.

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

Did anyone read the first post by Nautdesign1 a run on sentence/paragraph with a hidden agenda to which I still do not know what the goal is with this thread.

All this pontification makes me want to vomit--- words like "bilateralism" and "urbane" is that how you speak to people in public...may be in some urbane coffee shop while drinking your refined soy latte of the day. Gimme a break let me know when you get your man card back.

Nautdesign1 what is it you really want to say stop dancing around the topic if you want to call out JBS then say it. Then again your probably too busy with your deferred schedule to write in such forums.

KAP
P.S. Nautdesign1, I do not know who you are but if an ordinary performance boater said the things you do about a well known team they would be hide heeled to their keyboard. Carry on, I gotta get going my schedule now has several conflicts due to my writing in your urbane thread.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Correspondent
Correspondent

Received 2,719 Likes on 1,221 Posts

Rich (T2x) always makes good points when it comes to offshore racing for a couple of reasons. First, he's a bright guy. Second, he's a keen observer with a great memory. He has seen offshore racing run through its continuous bell curve-like cycle again and again.

One point he made is worth repeating: The major corporate sponsors of America are not trolling the message boards to determine how and where they will spend their marketing dollars. So we probably shouldn't take ourselves too, too seriously. Discussion is important and we have to take the good with the bad.

To the larger point raised here: Offshore racers such as Marc Granet, David Scott, John Tomlinson and many, many others have given relative newcomers to the sport an excellent model to emulate.

There is a general attitude that prevails today along the lines of, "It ain't bragging if you back it up." And that's total crap. Bragging is bragging, regardless of result. Trash talking and all the rest is, to my old school way of thinking, classless. Plus, it's amateur.

I prefer the expression, "Act like you've been there before." That one will never let you down when it comes to representing yourself with dignity.

Now, I've seen a few posts from the JBS crew that I've found more than a little offensive. And I think I may have even responded to one or two of them. But I also want to say that during interviews with Jeff Stevenson, his wife Jaimee and throttleman Joe Skrocki at the Shootout all three were gracious and humble. I watched them mix with the fans, and there were smiles all around. That's what I observed.
Old 09-18-2010, 01:17 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by kap328
Comment:

KAP
You are throwing stones at Nautdesign1 for a run-on sentence? Enjoy your glass house.

While we're at it, bilateralism is just about as big a word as pontification.

And finally, who used the word urbane first? T2x I believe. Perhaps you should call him out!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.