Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Big decision: Key West or Orange Bch (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239362-big-decision-key-west-orange-bch.html)

fantastixvoyage 09-20-2010 02:17 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3211786)
racing = OB. Kick azz world class partying = KW. You decide

Keep in mind the Bon Jovi and Brad Paisely concerts bring up the party level @ Orange Beach a few notches! :evilb:

x2 for attending BOTH!!!!! :drink:

berns29scarab 09-20-2010 02:26 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3212508)
Keep in mind the Bon Jovi and Brad Paisely concerts bring up the party level @ Orange Beach a few notches! :evilb:

Bon Jovi does anyway lol

LubeJobs42 09-20-2010 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by FREEZE FRAME VIDEO (Post 3211919)
Key West Will rock And Roll It will Be my 30th Year In a row Helicopter Photos will Follow on sat ....nov 13,2011 we will do a special shoot for non race boats from 12 to 2 like last year questions [email protected] jeff

That's great! 30 Years!! Long time!!

So you started Freeze Frame when you were 35?

DollaBill 09-20-2010 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by fantastixvoyage (Post 3212508)

As far as I'm concerned they could raise Jimmy Hendrix from the dead and OB still doesnt compare to the KW event. Also, for most people on the board here the KW trip is mostly about the FPC poker run.

fantastixvoyage 09-20-2010 03:20 PM

Originally Posted by DollaBill (Post 3212563)
Also, for most people on the board here the KW trip is mostly about the FPC poker run.

Good call, forgot all about that

ItsPeanut 09-20-2010 04:26 PM

Been to key west a couple times but i just actually want to see a race with more than ten boats. Just wondering what kind of turnout their will be. The bonus to KW is the poker run. But ive also never been to OB

JasonSmith 09-20-2010 06:47 PM

KW is really the place to go to have a great time & not remember most of it. They have boat races, but I think most, like me go because it's just fun as Hell. The races are an added bonus.

Ryan Beckley 09-20-2010 08:04 PM

There WILL be good racing in the Super Stock class in KW I can assure of that. 5-7 boats

SHARKEY-IMAGES 09-20-2010 09:09 PM

OPA is offering $1,000 per boat that attends the Orange Beach Races and makes the starts.

Keeping far enough off the KW dates, I know you will see a boat count in the double digits !!! :drink:

The added bonus of having two free Concerts and Bon Jovi headlining Friday night will be sure to turn up the Fun factor !!!:drink:

I have made my choice !

I will be shooting Orange Beach this year.

For me, it is more about the business than the partying anyway....

If you decide to go south instead, I will make sure you don't miss much from Orange Beach !:drink:

TeamTaboo 09-21-2010 01:06 PM

Chris there are 7 boats that can race in the 750 class, They are Talkin Trash, WHM, JD Byrider, Efusion, Warpaint, Reliable Carriers, and BTM Marine. Our boat (BTM) will not make this event and Reliable is a maybe, but the rest should be there. We are working on getting the Vee to Key West.