Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Mini Hawk is GONE!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239399-mini-hawk-gone.html)

Interceptor 09-20-2010 03:32 PM

"The police towed it back to my yacht club. "

I'd think the yacht club and police would want this resolved.

jfm 09-20-2010 03:34 PM

Does this "yacht club" have camera's?

Airpacker 09-20-2010 03:36 PM

Originally Posted by BLee (Post 3212357)

Based on your track record with other forums, I honestly hope this is not some ploy for attention.

Funny, that was the first thing that popped into my mind as well.

After having several private conversations with this kid about his shall we say ODD behaviour like pretending to be Skip Braver on the forums and dealing with his ensuing outbursts of rage and threats of violence towards someone 30 yrs his senior, I wouldn't trust one single word out of his mouth.

Reading his last few posts makes me strangely suspect this story of "woe is me".

Why would you dispose of the dock lines so quickly?

Would you not expect the authorities to want the "cut dock lines" as evidence incase an investigation happens?

How did you not see your boat 300 feet away from your dock ?

How did the police "tow it" back to your yacht club with the drain plug "ripped out"? Wouldn't it have sunk?

Why would the side that was against the rocks only have some scratches yet the other side has the rub rail ripped off?

As B Lee stated, with your track record...........

MiniHawk 09-20-2010 03:38 PM

Originally Posted by Indy (Post 3212570)
Report this incident immediately along with your previous encounter and an accurate description of the person/boat. This is vindictive behavior from someone who is disturbed, you can never tell what's going to happen in the future. Better to get it on the record then have something happen again with no official history behind it. This probably isn't the first time this putz has done something like this.

At least you got your boat back.

the police took a full report of every single thing that happened the other night, and today.

teamsynergy 09-20-2010 03:42 PM

Or pm your email and I will email you. I can post them for you.

MiniHawk 09-20-2010 03:43 PM

Originally Posted by Airpacker (Post 3212583)
Funny, that was the first thing that popped into my mind as well.

After having several private conversations with this kid about his shall we say ODD behaviour like pretending to be Skip Braver on the forums and dealing with his ensuing outbursts of rage and threats of violence towards someone 30 yrs his senior, I wouldn't trust one single word out of his mouth.

Reading his last few posts makes me strangely suspect this story of "woe is me".

Why would you dispose of the dock lines so quickly?

Would you not expect the authorities to want the "cut dock lines" as evidence incase an investigation happens?

How did you not see your boat 300 feet away from your dock ?

How did the police "tow it" back to your yacht club with the drain plug "ripped out"? Wouldn't it have sunk?

Why would the side that was against the rocks only have some scratches yet the other side has the rub rail ripped off?

As B Lee stated, with your track record...........

I am 17 now, that BS is in the past...

-the harbor police saw the boat when they went searching this morning

-the lines were cut, but looked frayed also, unless some force was used when the boat went missing off the dock

-they towed it back even with the damaged drain plug because they pumped some water out before hand. I have two drain plugs on the transom (one inside) so it made it OK to tow it.

The rub-rail was coming off a bit, so I took the whole thing off.

MiniHawk 09-20-2010 03:47 PM

Originally Posted by teamsynergy (Post 3212590)
Or pm your email and I will email you. I can post them for you.

i'll PM you

Catastrophe 09-20-2010 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by MiniHawk (Post 3212592)
I am 17 now, that BS is in the past...

-the harbor police saw the boat when they went searching this morning

-the lines were cut, but looked frayed also, unless some force was used when the boat went missing off the dock

-they towed it back even with the damaged drain plug because they pumped some water out before hand. I have two drain plugs on the transom (one inside) so it made it OK to tow it.

The rub-rail was coming off a bit, so I took the whole thing off.

While you are posting pics, post one of the police report.

MiniHawk 09-20-2010 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by catastrophe (Post 3212608)
While you are posting pics, post one of the police report.

I dont have the report. The police officer took the report and they have it.

Catastrophe 09-20-2010 04:25 PM

You might need that for your insurance company.

What did your insurance people say when you told them you found it ?