Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Converter Box (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239462-converter-box.html)

sonnycrockett 09-21-2010 04:56 AM

Converter Box

hi fellas,
If I have two new pro XS's and opt for a livorsi dash do I need conversion or will it hook straight up.....
If so will it come with the package etc.
thankss

AppSysCons 09-21-2010 09:16 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by sonnycrockett (Post 3213066)
hi fellas,
If I have two new pro XS's and opt for a livorsi dash do I need conversion or will it hook straight up.....
If so will it come with the package etc.
thankss

I assume you are refering to a Mercury Racing Optimax XS:

You can use the Mercury SmartCraft guages, they are plug and play, simple to install, but not the 'look' that many want.

Livorsi true analog guages, like my monster racing guages, require an AGI box to convert the digital signal to analog voltage signals.

sonnycrockett 09-24-2010 07:35 AM

thanks

Where can that be obtained

AppSysCons 09-24-2010 08:42 AM

Originally Posted by sonnycrockett (Post 3215915)
Where can that be obtained

My AGI boxes came from Livorsi; however, since then Livorsi offers a new set of gauges called Vantage View.

"Vantage View® reads and displays performance data directly from CAN (Controller Area Network) for protocols: Smartcraft®, SAE J1939, NMEA2000® & Indmar. This line of gauges was created for those of you who need up to date technology but love the classic look of analog gauges."

I have had analog gauges in every boat for the last 25 years. My current Skater has Livorsi monster racing gauges, and a Mercury smartcraft SC5000 system view, race edition screen. My next build, will have 2 large format, system view type screens (one for each engine) directly in front of the pilot position, a trim indicator panel, and a large format navigation screen. Most likely no analog gauges, with the digital screens, they are redundant.

Maritime_Eng 09-24-2010 09:42 AM

I really depends on what gauges you want to read from the Optimax. On 250sx's I didnt use the converter box because the only analog gauge that I wanted to read was the RPM and there is a signal wire for that in the Key harness. On my boat I run these gauges:
RPM (PURPLE harness wire)
FUEL (Has own sender)
WATER PRESSURE (Mechaical Gauge)
Mini Smart Craft Gauge (Need Harness from engine to gauge)

Maritime_Eng 09-24-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by AppSysCons (Post 3215975)
I have had analog gauges in every boat for the last 25 years. My current Skater has Livorsi monster racing gauges, and a Mercury smartcraft SC5000 system view, race edition screen. My next build, will have 2 large format, system view type screens (one for each engine) directly in front of the pilot position, a trim indicator panel, and a large format navigation screen. Most likely no analog gauges, with the digital screens, they are redundant.

I will also be doing the same thing. No gauges on my next build.