Eat your hearts out turbo's!

Notices

Eat your hearts out turbo's!

Old 09-23-2010, 08:21 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Originally Posted by 55thunder
I agree to a point, but don't start the thread with a slap in the face to turbos, when twin 95mm's would have made 600 more hp on the same engine..
then post a video of them in a boat and lasting. otherwise you are making yourself look bitter. When it was posted to "eat your hearts out" how many times have people said that this HP can be reached an be reliable? Whipple has constantly set the bar, being as turbos have only within the last few years become reliable and available in bolt in form for boats, your position doesn't hold water. With the exception of Chief, Brad Smith and Earhardt, who else has come forth with a moderately affordable turbo pkg? Mercs pkg is 165-175k net and you have to buy their drive, this pkg bolts in place. Have the engine builders you mentioned that make more hp done any boats with turbos? if so lets see the pics and vids.
Hell just since I have been on this board in 6 years only now has a reliable 2 speed trans been built
Old 09-23-2010, 08:31 PM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Got a 12L too
12L Oh ch!t now your talkin BIG Daddy
Old 09-23-2010, 09:10 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I bet Obama is working on a "Whipple friendly post" Czar as we speak...lol
Old 09-23-2010, 09:37 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I think you're taking the cheerleading a bit too far Rob. No one is bagging on Dusty, or saying whipples are junk. I've put them on customers boats and have them on my own boat, they're awesome. The thread title didn't say "Check out the new whipple project". It took a friendly poke at turbo's, and turbo guys are going to poke back. To be honest that kind of power on race gas, with exotic CNC'd big chief heads and valve train to match is not overly impressive. As Dusty said earlier you can't argue with science.. and the way a turbo or centrifugal engine bulids boost is much easier on engine parts. If you want to focus on the fuel management system or something else, that's cool, but when it comes to HP a turbo will win every time. There must be some reason Merc, Sterling, Chief, etc. are going turbo..
Old 09-23-2010, 11:33 PM
Banned

what would an e-85 tune up do? i am having a small engine built now and my engine builder has convinced me to tune it on e-85....I finally concluded with the extra free hp the fuel gained me that keeping a barrel around was no harder than a barrel of c-16???? great job on the motors
Old 09-23-2010, 11:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by HaxbySpeed
I think you're taking the cheerleading a bit too far Rob. No one is bagging on Dusty, or saying whipples are junk. I've put them on customers boats and have them on my own boat, they're awesome. The thread title didn't say "Check out the new whipple project". It took a friendly poke at turbo's, and turbo guys are going to poke back. To be honest that kind of power on race gas, with exotic CNC'd big chief heads and valve train to match is not overly impressive. As Dusty said earlier you can't argue with science.. and the way a turbo or centrifugal engine bulids boost is much easier on engine parts. If you want to focus on the fuel management system or something else, that's cool, but when it comes to HP a turbo will win every time. There must be some reason Merc, Sterling, Chief, etc. are going turbo..
+1
Old 09-24-2010, 07:02 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 1,295 Likes on 449 Posts

Thats the point everyone is looking too much into it, I'm not cheer leading for Dustin, I'm cheer leading for innovation and progress. I mentioned other builders and other products as well. I agree about the chief style heads which is why my very first post on here was about their longevity.
I also don't disagree about turbos and the HP, but with the exception of the builders I mentioned, who has one that is reliable and cost comparative to what is offered now?

Over the years Whipple had 2.3 and 3.3 and quad versions of such...innovation and progress now has 4.0, 5.0, 8.3 with quad versions and newer style base plates. I was equally impressed with the videos of Brad Smiths TT setup.
I also understand about the poke, but the turbo guys need to poke back with boat info not car info. For all those people that are saying so and so makes more HP, then post the vids of the boat with them and running
Old 09-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

There must be some reason Merc, Sterling, Chief, etc. are going turbo

and dont forget Earhardt BIG Daddy the've done a ton of R & D on that motor and some awesome #s at liveable rpms .u will see lots of turbo setups in the near future .
Old 09-24-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered

Great job
now what big chief heads are on the motor?
Old 09-24-2010, 08:12 AM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by RunninHotRacing158
There must be some reason Merc, Sterling, Chief, etc. are going turbo

and dont forget Earhardt BIG Daddy the've done a ton of R & D on that motor and some awesome #s at liveable rpms .u will see lots of turbo setups in the near future .
Why yes we have and thank you.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.