Eat your hearts out turbo's!

Notices

Eat your hearts out turbo's!

Old 09-27-2010, 06:44 PM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by BattleCry
Here you go Chris. Reliable information from named sources in the boating world. Nobody does turbo engines like Ken Duttweiler. Heck, a regular, infamous character of this forum, Sean Stinson, has driven the boat. I and everyone at last year's Shootout was there to witness it. When Dustin's engines get to 2500hp let the rest of us know!

http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...u-go-here.html

Big Andy
You are right-Sean is a infamous character.His story keeps growing every time he tells it.I was at LOTO last year and saw the boat run 136 i believe.It looked ill handeling to me at that speed and i was told by Ricky Ford who throttled it "I'm done."
Old 09-27-2010, 08:47 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by ttuton
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=elyqdOr_6x0
Sorry you asked for it with that title. This is in a 21 daytona v-drive that is used to waterski behind and is on its third season.
And again, how much boost? So it spends 90% of its life at part throttle in a 21' boat?
Old 09-27-2010, 11:10 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by skater40
You are right-Sean is a infamous character.His story keeps growing every time he tells it.I was at LOTO last year and saw the boat run 136 i believe.It looked ill handeling to me at that speed and i was told by Ricky Ford who throttled it "I'm done."
Which one were you? I was there with all those guys.

Big Andy
Old 09-27-2010, 11:22 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
That was never the goal or plan. The fact is, the motor can make more power, but currently the drive train behind it won't hold as much as its got. The fact that the motor that much power so effortlessly is what was amazing. There will always be something with more power.
I mean no disrespect but, you titled the thread "Eat Your Hearts Out Turbos". You have said, more than once, this engine has more power. It is effortless on the throttle but, is it effortless on reliability? It is amazing that it will make that kind of horsepower but, will it live or does it have to freshened frequently?

If you are looking for drive train contact Freedom US1 or Brad Smith about transmissions. Drives...Rik at Arneson Industries comes to mind very quickly.
Old 09-28-2010, 08:22 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by raimerm
Here are a few videos of Check300's setup. Top speed to date is 114 mph @ 6400. Check out the boost gauge (just below and to the right of the speedo) when getting on plain...THERE IS NO LAG. Over 1200 lb-lb @ 2500 if needed. And it idles just fine, 500 in gear 900 out.

http://www.youtube.com/user/raimerm?feature=mhsn
Wow! Looks like it took 20 seconds to go from 55 to 110. Sure didn't notice any lag there. Have you guys tried more prop? Seems like it would go quite a bit faster based on the rate of acceleration. Idle video was pretty impressive too.
Old 09-28-2010, 12:22 PM
Registered

Received 37 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by skater18
Wow! Looks like it took 20 seconds to go from 55 to 110. Sure didn't notice any lag there. Have you guys tried more prop? Seems like it would go quite a bit faster based on the rate of acceleration. Idle video was pretty impressive too.
I'd love to try a bigger pitch prop but right now I'm using a three blade and there aren't very many of those around.
Old 09-28-2010, 05:42 PM
Registered

Received 57 Likes on 27 Posts

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
And again, how much boost? So it spends 90% of its life at part throttle in a 21' boat?
That is at like 20lbs of boost and it runs on pump e85 and the owner drives the boat like he stole it.
Old 09-30-2010, 10:40 AM
Banned

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by skater18
Sure didn't notice any lag there.

Ditto
Old 09-30-2010, 11:03 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by BattleCry
Here you go Chris. Reliable information from named sources in the boating world. Nobody does turbo engines like Ken Duttweiler.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...u-go-here.html

Big Andy
What about Arty Ross??????? Heard he dabbled in a "little" turbocharging also.................
Old 09-30-2010, 11:23 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Default Turbo's hows this..

Thought I would break it up a little for you guy's. Was playing at the Caterpiller plant all week in Indiana. Here is a twenty cylinder Cat engine 175mm bore 220 mm stroke. "Six" turbo chargers, 4000 plus horsepower. Life b-4 reman 40,000 + hours. Dustin great job...Keep up the good work....
Attached Thumbnails Eat your hearts out turbo's!-c175-six-turbos.jpg  

Last edited by Throttle Fever; 09-30-2010 at 11:25 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.