itunes/IPOD question...crashed computer

Notices

itunes/IPOD question...crashed computer

Old 09-22-2010, 09:23 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Received 119 Likes on 61 Posts
Default itunes/IPOD question...crashed computer

I lost the hard drive on my Macbook Pro a couple days ago and although alot of the data was backed up, most of the songs I had "acquired" were not. Once I get the computer back (under warranty) and start rebuilding all my files, is there a way to import all my songs from the ipod back into a new itunes on the "new" computer?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:28 PM
Registered

Received 19 Likes on 14 Posts

Yes, once you set up your old account on the new laptop you will be able to synch the Ipod with Itunes on the new laptop. I think you can synch up to 5 different instances of Itunes with your Ipod using the "share" feature. Don't stress it will be easier than you think....

RB
Old 09-22-2010, 09:37 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts
Question

What year is Your Macbook Pro ?

What HD do you have ?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-22-2010, 09:48 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest230
Yes, once you set up your old account on the new laptop you will be able to synch the Ipod with Itunes on the new laptop. I think you can synch up to 5 different instances of Itunes with your Ipod using the "share" feature. Don't stress it will be easier than you think....

RB
The problem is if you sync to a new account it will erase your ipod, except for songs purchased from itunes. I've been trying to reload ipod songs on crashed hard drive as well. Got close, but not quite figured out yet.
Old 09-22-2010, 09:51 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by BKSAE
The problem is if you sync to a new account it will erase your ipod, except for songs purchased from itunes. I've been trying to reload ipod songs on crashed hard drive as well. Got close, but not quite figured out yet.
That's my understanding and the number of songs on here actually purchased from itunes.......zero
Old 09-22-2010, 09:57 PM
21 and 42 footers
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES
What year is Your Macbook Pro ?

What HD do you have ?
Bought it Feb 2008....think it's an 80GB HD but don't remember. Standard pre-packaged deal with a few upgrades but not many.
I own a printing company and we have a dozen plus Macs and all the software/hardware you can imagine. I've got "guru's" that handle all the graphics, I'm a typical email, web-surfer, photo and song collector but nothing else. I took the Mac to the shop that sells/services all our shop equipment. When they heard my name the owner came out of a back office and said he'd do everything they could to save my data........turns out its a HD hardware failure, not software. They couldn't collect a thing.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:00 PM
OSO Content Provider
Commercial Member

Received 49 Likes on 23 Posts

Sorry to hear....

I guess you didn't have Time Machine ?

Digital Photography & Video one BYTE at a time !
Old 09-22-2010, 10:12 PM
Registered

I had the same issue happen with a windows laptop that died on me. None of my songs were purchased from Itunes and I was able to restore from my Iphone to Itunes. I think I had to setup the Home Sharing to use multiple laptops with the same device. There is a way to get it done and it can't be too difficult if I figured it out.
Old 09-22-2010, 10:14 PM
Registered

Maybe quit trying to download from the Ipod to Itunes but just check options to update with new/missing files when synching, then manually synch the Ipod to Itunes??
Old 09-22-2010, 10:40 PM
Registered

Received 25 Likes on 14 Posts

Same thing happened to me a week ago. It sucks losing 25,000 songs and 100s of movies =(

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.