Notices

boat lifts

Old 09-21-2010, 04:05 PM
rjr
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default boat lifts

I trailer my 382 but am thinking that next year I might leave it at a dock. I am thinking that the air lifts would be good but it would be great to hear your experiences
Old 09-21-2010, 04:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have a hydro hoist forsale 12000 lbs lift. You can see it in the classified boat section ,fountain section, look for 35 fountain listing with the picture of the dash. boat is on the lift thats for sale.
Old 09-21-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

It is great leaving boat at the dock. Easier to keep clean, easier getting to and from the lake without having to fight traffic pulling the boat.

I think Hydro Hoist is the only way to go. I have seen a lot of the others & it looks like Hydro Hoist has their act together.

I pull my boat out in the winter and put in my garage.
Old 09-21-2010, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

I have an Airdock for my 32'. Ups and downs to it (no pun intended). WAY cheaper than a Hydro Hoist...don't have to worry about any restrictions like you sometimes do witha Hydro such as home owners association or club rules as it's not a permanant fixture. downside....you're gonna chase holes every year. Just the way it is. Overall....still like the Airdock over bottom painting.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:06 AM
Registered

Default Boat Lift

We just installed a Poly Lift 15,000 for a Formula 330. The install included a Firstmate remote control system. As you can see in the photos, our lakes are pretty muddy. This scum line was created after only 2 months. Hydrohoist makes a good lift. Poly Lift makes a stronger frame, thicker tanks and offers a better warranty.

I wouldn't worry about 'chasing holes'. If you end up with a used lift that has fiberglass tanks they may develop holes but typically fiberglass is pretty easy to patch. Avoid steel tank lifts, for those you'll definitely chase holes.

Last edited by Waterjack; 09-22-2010 at 08:44 AM.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:26 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Ryan8886
I have an Airdock for my 32'. Ups and downs to it (no pun intended). WAY cheaper than a Hydro Hoist...don't have to worry about any restrictions like you sometimes do witha Hydro such as home owners association or club rules as it's not a permanant fixture. downside....you're gonna chase holes every year. Just the way it is. Overall....still like the Airdock over bottom painting.
+1. And no worries about water depth.
Old 09-22-2010, 08:43 AM
Registered

Default Airdock

Originally Posted by Ryan8886
I have an Airdock for my 32'. Ups and downs to it (no pun intended).
I've always wondered about this type of lift. They are not common around here.

Since they are actually "IN" the water isn't it like wrapping your boat in a dirty towel? Some of the water must get trapped between the bladder and the hull?

How about prop damage?
Old 09-22-2010, 09:30 AM
VIP Member
VIP Member

Received 36 Likes on 10 Posts

Hydraulic lift that drops back as it goes down. Also all four post can adjust up or down.

Knock on wood, four boats and 5 years and zero problems with lift.
Attached Thumbnails boat lifts-img00063-20100508-1007.jpg   boat lifts-img00062-20100508-1007.jpg   boat lifts-dsc01092-small-.jpg  

Old 09-22-2010, 10:04 AM
JC Performance Engines
Gold Member

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Originally Posted by Waterjack
I've always wondered about this type of lift. They are not common around here.

Since they are actually "IN" the water isn't it like wrapping your boat in a dirty towel? Some of the water must get trapped between the bladder and the hull?
Yes... there was a bit of coloring on the bottom
How about prop damage?none whatsoever
It was nice to pull into, it would catch you like a pillow.
Just don't pull onto it at real speed.
Old 09-22-2010, 04:50 PM
Registered

Default Hydraulic

Originally Posted by BraceYourself
Hydraulic lift that drops back as it goes down. Also all four post can adjust up or down.
Beautiful boat!

We've sold a few of this style lift on inland lakes that do not have much water level fluctuation. Shoremaster and SunStream both have a version of this hydraulic style.

Your boat is definitely the largest I've ever seen on this style lift.

Casey

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.