Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239646-what-main-differences-cig-nor-outer.html)

AIR TIME 09-30-2010 08:33 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3216747)
Are there any AT's that race? I don't recall seeing any out there. Seems odd since they are obviously the best and fastest rough water boat made today.

please we laugh at cig s racing in the 90s there one or two a yellow 42 rev buck it that got lapped so much in key west it was a joke and there was maybe one other 80 82 boat mightmare racing in d Ithink well it look good but they haven't won or raced every year since new, they were gone in the 90s came back and won one f2 lucky champ and not much more. there a nice boat if you like to swim going into turns on hot days. cigs a name DON MARKETED WELL and was about the last he worked on yes he had the usa cats 39/27 vees but he pushed cig name more than anyone owner. I've been in a nuff and on OLs and the 37 single step ol was a nice fast boat in 94 to 2000 and AT is one hell of a boat been in them too and I am sorry theres not a big diff between the two 37s and a 38tg you can pay for the name 600gs for a cig or buy a AT for 1/2 that will go anywhere a cig will go. theres been other posts and threads on northeast about whats up with cig guys someone buys a 20yr old boat and thinks it better than anythink else man. you want a rough water boat that won more races than a cig did inthe 70s/80s/90s call RICHIE SUTPHEN he will build you a new 39/40 with no steps to spin out on less money and faster if you want a clown inteior and paint job theres guys he can get. sutphen racing had to move race bodies last two years from one group cause they changed the class from p2 to sv to push out the sut cause it wasn't a full race boat it had a back seat and not a lid like all the other boats in p2 cause he kicked there azzs, so he goes to the other body and wins and at keywest the carpet bagger owner pushed him up a class a production boat running cats:grinser010:. NOW THERES A LEGEND SUTPHEN BOATS the real king of offshore:coolcowboy:. so please you cig guys get over it your not # 1 and have not been since 1970 what ever:grinser010: there a nice boat you pay for the name you want high tech buy a OUTERLIMITS or a 46 SKATER and be KING OF ALL:coolcowboy:. ps cig guys its all in fun hell I only owned a lil 650hp baja for 20yrs but loved kicken cig ass on cape cod back in the 90s ahh the looks on the faces coarse it was on days with 2 to 3s and even 4s once in a while. there was a friend who raced apba for yrs who was shocked about the lil boat in 3 to 4s one afternoon. so dude the ATs ride every well in any water had a lot of runs on a 33 running in the 90s that boat ran straight no chine walk even hitting wakes turned well too. lots of room in the 37 and 33 ATs theres 2 09 and 08 under 200 in the class, but sutphen is alpha dog of rough water vees non step, outerlimits its the skater of vees.

AIR TIME 09-30-2010 08:34 PM

Originally Posted by whataride (Post 3216758)
Or price Range ! Why dont you compare a 39 quaottro with a 39 Top gun .. or 39 Nortech .... not a Stilletto ... ... 525 staggered who wins that race ?

OL:coolcowboy:

AIR TIME 09-30-2010 08:42 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3216788)
When, where, who?

Cig took first and second in the 2010 Bimini Ocean Challenge Factory V Class...no AT's or OL's in sight.

NOW THATS A BIG RACE what 4 in that class, what happen the 1st thought a fountain/ol finish where were they in the 90s now that opa is running p or 400 class theres two cigs with blowers 38fters in p4 running against 28 to 30 single vees:party-smiley-004: cause in 300 class a 39 sutphen is killing again since the lids won't let him run in sv old 200 class and next yr there maybe a 31sutphen running 400 and a saber 28 looking to be 1 2:evilb:

AIR TIME 09-30-2010 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3216837)
Good observation. The Cig logo is a beautiful thing, so you can't blame anyone that would like their own version.

Dons marketing again gee that famous black /white boat with the cig name wasn't even a cig hahaha boy talk about penis enveeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee haha. Don was very smart saw there was money big money in these new boats and was the chef that brought in talent to make these boats back then and then it was re splashed by ever new owner of the Co. Skip was the latest and is making hugh money by building old school tech no ovens there and charging what OL does for there new high tech. and then theres RICHIE same old school as cig BUT he has been there since day one so you have the same talent going into every sutphen no steps need just a design that works for 1/2 the money. boy I'm on a roll to night can't wait for the chit to fly my way all in fun.

omerta one 09-30-2010 10:24 PM

Originally Posted by AIR TIME (Post 3220589)
please we laugh at cig s racing in the 90s there one or two a yellow 42 rev buck it that got lapped so much in key west it was a joke and there was maybe one other 80 82 boat mightmare racing in d Ithink well it look good but they haven't won or raced every year since new, they were gone in the 90s came back and won one f2 lucky champ and not much more. there a nice boat if you like to swim going into turns on hot days. cigs a name DON MARKETED WELL and was about the last he worked on yes he had the usa cats 39/27 vees but he pushed cig name more than anyone owner. I've been in a nuff and on OLs and the 37 single step ol was a nice fast boat in 94 to 2000 and AT is one hell of a boat been in them too and I am sorry theres not a big diff between the two 37s and a 38tg you can pay for the name 600gs for a cig or buy a AT for 1/2 that will go anywhere a cig will go. theres been other posts and threads on northeast about whats up with cig guys someone buys a 20yr old boat and thinks it better than anythink else man. you want a rough water boat that won more races than a cig did inthe 70s/80s/90s call RICHIE SUTPHEN he will build you a new 39/40 with no steps to spin out on less money and faster if you want a clown inteior and paint job theres guys he can get. sutphen racing had to move race bodies last two years from one group cause they changed the class from p2 to sv to push out the sut cause it wasn't a full race boat it had a back seat and not a lid like all the other boats in p2 cause he kicked there azzs, so he goes to the other body and wins and at keywest the carpet bagger owner pushed him up a class a production boat running cats:grinser010:. NOW THERES A LEGEND SUTPHEN BOATS the real king of offshore:coolcowboy:. so please you cig guys get over it your not # 1 and have not been since 1970 what ever:grinser010: there a nice boat you pay for the name you want high tech buy a OUTERLIMITS or a 46 SKATER and be KING OF ALL:coolcowboy:. ps cig guys its all in fun hell I only owned a lil 650hp baja for 20yrs but loved kicken cig ass on cape cod back in the 90s ahh the looks on the faces coarse it was on days with 2 to 3s and even 4s once in a while. there was a friend who raced apba for yrs who was shocked about the lil boat in 3 to 4s one afternoon. so dude the ATs ride every well in any water had a lot of runs on a 33 running in the 90s that boat ran straight no chine walk even hitting wakes turned well too. lots of room in the 37 and 33 ATs theres 2 09 and 08 under 200 in the class, but sutphen is alpha dog of rough water vees non step, outerlimits its the skater of vees.

Ok we get it; you don't like Cigs you think Sutphen is the best and you run a Baja and kick major azz congrats to you and i think this thread has now unequivocally proven that the major difference between the brands is that everyone uses Cig as a benchmark...CIG ENVY...:evilb:

BTW I don't think you ever answered the question about AT's racing; and BTW the POS pleasure Cig beat a new MTI canopy race boat in the Bimini run :evilb:

And Pyburn's Skater :evilb:

Deal with it

I look forward to the day you bring your Baja down to run Bimini.

omerta one 09-30-2010 10:32 PM

[QUOTE=Jassman;3217035]anyone can comment on anything.. or take a captains comment's on a boat to be correct or false, who's to say he even knew how to drive that boat correctly.QUOTE]

Who's to say he didn't? There's an equal chance he knew EXACTLY what he was talking about. Just sayin'.

AIR TIME 09-30-2010 10:33 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 3217278)
I received a PM asking what makes the hull ocean worthy and strong since the picture I posted only showed the fluff.

I found it a good question. And I don't get asked it often enough. The picture on the left is what is under the liner and in the nose of the boat. The one of the right is the engine bay.

Sorry it took a while to locate a picture. :drink:

niceeeee steves #1 33 was a awesome boat man going to block island runs in 2s or 5s that boat never walked just flew level landed nice even with my knee replacement didn't hurt anymore then when walking. I hope my 28 saber runs as nice as the AT 28 that steve owned to:coolcowboy:. I was wondering about no full bulk in the cabin but saw the extra center are looks like mini roof stringers [center section of cabin ] steves 33 never notice any movement getting to the motors belts and water pumps is real nice. there a great boat thanks for the pics.

pm203 09-30-2010 10:47 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3220690)
i think this thread has now unequivocally proven that the major difference between the brands is that everyone uses Cig as a benchmark...CIG ENVY...:evilb:

:

That is what it is all about. Always chasing the legend and trying to beat it any way you can. Ovens are for cookies. :D

omerta one 09-30-2010 10:49 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3220705)
. Ovens are for cookies. :D

Now that's some funny sh!t right there!

AIR TIME 09-30-2010 11:15 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3220690)
Ok we get it; you don't like Cigs you think Sutphen is the best and you run a Baja and kick major azz congrats to you and i think this thread has now unequivocally proven that the major difference between the brands is that everyone uses Cig as a benchmark...CIG ENVY...:evilb:

BTW I don't think you ever answered the question about AT's racing; and BTW the POS pleasure Cig beat a new MTI canopy race boat in the Bimini run :evilb:

And Pyburn's Skater :evilb:

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha h

Deal with it

I look forward to the day you bring your Baja down to run Bimini.

dude its retired after 20yrs I am putting a 1100hp saber 28 don't worry if I get a sponsor for the race I'll be there and I got beat in my baja by chasing sonic 36 with blowers , a formula famous one OUTLAW 35 with blowers after I had beatin a 27 formula he chased me done but that was with a 454 in the boat. hey I don't hate cigs there a good boat my fav is ICE s 89 new to him 38tg. I looked at a few last summer doc who had the purple twin 800hp boat with yellow , also a steal on a 35 cafe a friend bought instead. my needs are small its no fun runninhg in 6 to 8s in thing been there cape race in 02 didn't matter what boat you had something was breaking that day and did in all class mine my bolster and navigator was worried me running no bolster bounce around like a pimg pong ball even a sv fountain broke its hull. so you may see me haha it was fun in the 90s before steps pickin on the big boats. now at 28ft I can run 90 to 100 in 2 to 3s the only other boat to have fun in going over a 100 in 4 to 5s ios a skater 46 with turbines, riding shot gun in rough water they were not have as nice a ride as us. its funny the people I move to a old cig or new think there chit don't stink, but theres a lot of us just chuckle and let it ride.but the real #1 should be richie sr he never sold the company built boats before DON but built them not put the cooks together sell a few boats then sell the co and start the same boat over with a different name Donzi should have had the 1 they came 1st. but RICHIE built the pt boats 1st then went in to offshore and still beating other boat COs that went to stepped hulls which we see in videos cigs spinning out throwing there crew here down in fl and in russia haha.after you ride in walts 39 sut tell me there not it no beak no step no bull sutphen powerboats the real #1 in offshore racing they never had adds and tv bull like cig did in the 80s or 90s nope.I hope to be running new boat in weeks before my next surgery and if it sux it will be dis manteled I will talk to richie again haha, I tried steal the red hull he has ready now but we didn't agree and that new 31 will keep up with a 38 if its BOXER Ernies boat and with him driving will give as good a ride as any vee with in 5ft. later don't hate cigs its funnyhow some of you guys act its like the fountain guys of a few yes ago they were the fastest won most of the late races cause it was a 9 to1 average or all fountains in a class at the races reg blew his money with adds sponsorships which helps formula did that my bubby raced 5yrs in f2 broke a part the boats a 99, next was a 02 I think cause to get money you had to buy new boat every 3yrs and I saw what he paid they were a lot cheaper than regular customers or retail:grinser010: also I liked the spiderman 42 or 46 is sweet its up here and in there are others I like the #1 is was Dons think I wish he was still here I bet his boats would of been the fountain beaters of the late 90s 2000s and he would had steps long ago and been in ovens cause he put the best guys together when he OWN a Company look what happened with kramer sold the co started another and everyone followed like blind mice kramer lost money sold the Co back to a GREAT marketing man Don at a loss. he had to be the coolest chit. he's smiling right now going man almost 40yrs ago I put a #1 on the side of my boat and people are stilll paying for the name and # twice the money haha. its late storm is brewing and I RAN OUT OF BEER AND NO ONES OUT AT THE CAMPFIRE IN THE YARD anymore good night