Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239646-what-main-differences-cig-nor-outer.html)

ktron 10-01-2010 01:18 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 3220963)
A 37OL with staggered 575's runs 90, not side by side like yours was which is the same as a T/S gun. The 37 Expoxy boat with 525's also ran 90. The 37 with stock 500's runs right around 80 which is also true for the T/S Gun. The 525 Guns normally run 84-86 everyday. This is just from my experience, but not having owned them.

Questions:

1.) By "Epoxy boat" do you mean that there was only (1) 37 Epoxy stilleto made or (1) Epoxy 37 made with 525's?

2.) By Experience do you mean that you have ample seat time running Cig 38 TS's with 500's and 525's and you have run both types Epoxy and Non-Epoxy Stilletos?

Sydwayz 10-01-2010 01:20 PM

Originally Posted by wrinkleface (Post 3221130)
good friend of mine has a 37 up out of Petoskey w/ 496's & no special props & I think the best he has seen is 76 mph!

Scott has turned a best of 78mph with his 496HO 37AT. That's setup for everyday running with all the stuff aboard, not Fountain/Pamilco/performance report style.

Sydwayz 10-01-2010 01:24 PM

Originally Posted by TexomaPowerboater (Post 3221140)
...I kind of like the 37AT. Did I read something about this hull being a new apache hull at one point, but was "adopted" by AT. What is the story with the 37AT and Apache connection? Or am I just imagining things.

Active Thunder and Chief Powerboats had a brief marketing marriage at one time, before Chief's demise. Let's not go down the Cheif dark and twisted path.

ktron 10-01-2010 01:35 PM

Getting to the main Question in Post#1:

39 Cig: Great all around boat especially hard to beat with Merc 700's. Classic lines and great looks. Kinda skimpy in the cabin but very well rigged, very well thought out helm especially when it comes to ergonomics, Above average performance and exceptional handling and rough water capability. Best resale of the three and in this tough economy they are still selling, slowly but still selling.

39Nortech: Talking with TS of NT I was told the 39 is a great boat. There are not as many around and I think that has to do with the economy and the fact that they have weird lines and not the most appealing looking boat. Great build quality and great company. Very nice cabins with more amenities than Cig and quality rigging. Not sure about the resale. I think it would depend on the specific boat and how it's set up.

37 OL: I have not been in one but a friend (Cowisl) has owned one and in several conversations with him I was told they are a great boat. Good performance and great in the Rough Stuff. Cabins are the nicest of the three by far. Big deep gunwales and roomy. Very nice lines as well. OL obviously has some of the coolest hardware out there and that speeks volumes. I would think resale for the 37 would be decent but not along the same lines as the Cig.

The statements I made about resale are based on many things but keep in mind that the Cig's are mostly Merc powered offerings where you are going to find more different combos in the NT and OL (like aftermarket power) which can hurt resale.

just my .02

wrinkleface 10-01-2010 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by Sydwayz (Post 3221184)
Scott has turned a best of 78mph with his 496HO 37AT. That's setup for everyday running with all the stuff aboard, not Fountain/Pamilco/performance report style.

he must have take'n the large box of t shirts out of the boat & grabbed a couple more ticks!!!!!:evilb:

Jupiter Sunsation 10-01-2010 05:35 PM

Originally Posted by ktron (Post 3221191)
Getting to the main Question in Post#1:

39 Cig: Great all around boat especially hard to beat with Merc 700's. Classic lines and great looks. Kinda skimpy in the cabin but very well rigged, very well thought out helm especially when it comes to ergonomics, Above average performance and exceptional handling and rough water capability. Best resale of the three and in this tough economy they are still selling, slowly but still selling.

39Nortech: Talking with TS of NT I was told the 39 is a great boat. There are not as many around and I think that has to do with the economy and the fact that they have weird lines and not the most appealing looking boat. Great build quality and great company. Very nice cabins with more amenities than Cig and quality rigging. Not sure about the resale. I think it would depend on the specific boat and how it's set up.

37 OL: I have not been in one but a friend (Cowisl) has owned one and in several conversations with him I was told they are a great boat. Good performance and great in the Rough Stuff. Cabins are the nicest of the three by far. Big deep gunwales and roomy. Very nice lines as well. OL obviously has some of the coolest hardware out there and that speeks volumes. I would think resale for the 37 would be decent but not along the same lines as the Cig.

The statements I made about resale are based on many things but keep in mind that the Cig's are mostly Merc powered offerings where you are going to find more different combos in the NT and OL (like aftermarket power) which can hurt resale.

just my .02

Best post on here! Honest (being an owner of a 39 TG) and to the point.

omerta one 10-01-2010 05:52 PM

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation (Post 3221324)
Best post on here! Honest (being an owner of a 39 TG) and to the point.

So what do you have to give for a new 39/700 NT?

Jupiter Sunsation 10-01-2010 06:35 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3221336)
So what do you have to give for a new 39/700 NT?

Not sure what you are asking....MSRP? I suspect they are all 350-400K boats @ 39 ft/700's at a minimum.

I have said it before, if I was building a new 400-500K boat Terry from NT would get the call. I love the 427 and think that is a much better looking boat than the 39V but with the right paint the 39 can be a decent looking boat (Stu @ FPC had the best looking 39 so far).

ActiveThunder 10-01-2010 06:37 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3220924)
Here's what Anna had to say about the haters...

I think you got busted on that edit. :lolhit:

Funny none the less.....

omerta one 10-01-2010 07:36 PM

Originally Posted by ActiveThunder (Post 3221358)
I think you got busted on that edit. :lolhit:

Funny none the less.....

See post #138...