Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/239646-what-main-differences-cig-nor-outer.html)

Magic Medicine 10-02-2010 11:21 AM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3220734)
The difference is you don't see the Cig guys calling out the other brands; it's always the other way around...so why do you think that is???

:bsflag:

omerta one 10-02-2010 01:26 PM

Originally Posted by wrinkleface (Post 3221675)
But Dude, where can Connie & I sleep in that!!!!!:evilb: & where do I put George?:party-smiley-004:

Dude it's a performance boat not a houseboat. The benches are wide enuf to sleep on if you really had to...I just get a room. I have a house at LOTO and every FPC run we do has a destination with lodging. Except in the case of Holiday Isle where I'm not sure lodging is the right word. Stable might be more accurate...

omerta one 10-02-2010 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by Magic Medicine (Post 3221677)
:bsflag:

Post an example....

pm203 10-02-2010 02:00 PM

Even when I had boats with sleepable accomodations, I always got a room. I don't know anyone who buys a 300K+ performance boat and sleeps on it . I mean, it sounds nice, but I just could never do it.

Smarty 10-02-2010 02:35 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3221720)
Even when I had boats with sleepable accomodations, I always got a room. I don't know anyone who buys a 300K+ performance boat and sleeps on it . I mean, it sounds nice, but I just could never do it.

I hear ya with that. Unless I am completely sh*t-faced/hammered drunk, I do not like sleeping on a boat. I prefer a nice room.

Jassman 10-02-2010 02:54 PM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3221720)

Its called leave on a Friday evening to your favorite island, and come back Sunday morning.. Gen set, and all the comforts of home.. its actually a lot of fun.. especially when you have a few boats.. Big Camp Fire, music, grill out.. it dont get much better..:drink:

wrinkleface 10-02-2010 03:15 PM

Originally Posted by omerta one (Post 3221714)
Dude it's a performance boat not a houseboat. The benches are wide enuf to sleep on if you really had to...I just get a room. I have a house at LOTO and every FPC run we do has a destination with lodging. Except in the case of Holiday Isle where I'm not sure lodging is the right word. Stable might be more accurate...

Actually, the normal v in the 39 is not bad 4 an overnight or 2! Connie & I "tested" that out at the Miami show, Downs was left w/ a cleanup in aisle 4!!!!!:evilb:

Catmando 10-02-2010 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by DEFYN GRAVITY (Post 3216475)
Available, 85 (mostly) fresh water hours. I believe there is only 11, or 12 38' Powerplays out there

Great pics, is that your big cruiser or a friend's?

VtSteve 10-02-2010 03:59 PM

Fundamental difference in boat design. While the Cigs have, what I refer to, spartan and dated cabins, their fans say their customers don't want that. I don't know if they've ever asked, maybe not. The CIG logos, IMHO, are pretty distasteful, and completely insane. But if an owner wants to see the logo every three inches, so be it. Give me a 39 footer with a PP, and I'll hope it sinks. I personally think their cabins are a huge turnoff.

Maybe Cig "Assumes" their customers need things the same way for all these years. Who knows, but their owners obviously don't buy them for their cabins, and some only buy them for the name. Which is fine, it's a great name to have.

My guess? Things change at Cig the next few years, as Baby Boomers age, but still want a Cig, just with latest century stuff in it. I think many of the new boat makers get it.

Whipple Charged 10-02-2010 04:02 PM

Originally Posted by flat rate (Post 3216834)
The Logo that Outerlimits copied?

Right, Cig was the pioneer of the oval logo. Better send Bill Ford a letter! :angry-smiley-038: