Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer... >

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Notices

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Old 09-26-2010, 09:19 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by ActiveFun
If you were looking at a 38 footer or so, purchasing used, which would you choose? What are the main differences?
Nortech 39: nice boat; Nortech usually has lots of bells and whistles type stuff. Its a side by side. The style of the 39 isn't their best effort. Decent ride quality but not known as a fast hull.

Cig 39: Has received many accolades and is frequently quoted as Cig's best all around boat. The 700 package is a full stagger. Great handling and ride quality; great fit and finish. Cockpit is small; no enclosed head. Not the fastest 700 boat but no slouch either.

Outerlimits 37 Single Step: I Believe the 37 was made in a Stiletto (stand-up) and GTX (sit down) style. I assume you are interested in the Stiletto, which is also a staggered set up, but not a full stagger. They are no longer made so the used ones will be a few years older than your other choices. I have only been in the sit down boat and found the ride a bit on the "sharp" side. I've never been a huge fan of their interiors, the mat'ls don't seem to wear well. They appear to be top notch as far as the speed aspect goes.

Bottom line is that they are all well made; go look at all three and decide which is the best fit for your wants and budget. As for me you can see what choice I made; if I was looking at new boats the OL would be on my list as would the 43 AT, and of course the Cig.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:25 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by omerta one
Nortech 39: nice boat; Nortech usually has lots of bells and whistles type stuff. Its a side by side. The style of the 39 isn't their best effort. Decent ride quality but not known as a fast hull.

Cig 39: Has received many accolades and is frequently quoted as Cig's best all around boat. The 700 package is a full stagger. Great handling and ride quality; great fit and finish. Cockpit is small; no enclosed head. Not the fastest 700 boat but no slouch either.

Outerlimits 37 Single Step: I Believe the 37 was made in a Stiletto (stand-up) and GTX (sit down) style. I assume you are interested in the Stiletto, which is also a staggered set up, but not a full stagger. They are no longer made so the used ones will be a few years older than your other choices. I have only been in the sit down boat and found the ride a bit on the "sharp" side. I've never been a huge fan of their interiors, the mat'ls don't seem to wear well. They appear to be top notch as far as the speed aspect goes.

Bottom line is that they are all well made; go look at all three and decide which is the best fit for your wants and budget. As for me you can see what choice I made; if I was looking at new boats the OL would be on my list as would the 43 AT, and of course the Cig.
Actually Tom, U can get the 39 NT in a side by side or split bolsters!!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:39 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Cig will also have the most "Cig" logos too! Expect to find 30-40 logos on everything from the sh!tter box in the cabin to the ignition keys!

The 39 NT will be giant compared to the others, cabin is impressive, the nose/deck of the boat is nice just the rear is not great but paint can hide a lot of that. Stu from FPC's 39V was the best one built so far.
So, when you build yours, leave alot of the logos off.
Old 09-26-2010, 09:54 AM
Registered

Received 881 Likes on 478 Posts

Originally Posted by pm203
So, when you build yours, leave alot of the logos off.
I don't like them enough to pay for one! If I had 400K burning a hole in my pocket Terry at NT would get my order!

A 39 TG/700 boat is hard to beat for simplicity and the ideal paint scheme is the Playboy version (black hull, white deck,silver boot stripe) with less than 5 logos total!
Old 09-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

1. Boat is staggered, not side by side as far as engines and majority of the 39 boats are split front bolsters (43/50s are primarily side by side bolsters).

2. Not a fast hull? Boat runs mid 80's w/525's which is what a 39 TG runs with the same power despite the NT being heavier/bigger.

TG is far better looking though but way more common due to the longer production run with few changes.......
Old 09-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

1. Boat is staggered, not side by side as far as engines and majority of the 39 boats are split front bolsters (43/50s are primarily side by side bolsters).

2. Not a fast hull? Boat runs mid 80's w/525's which is what a 39 TG runs with the same power despite the NT being heavier/bigger.

TG is far better looking though but way more common due to the longer production run with few changes.......
True story; 2007 Key West Worlds; Sunday a.m.; getting ready to head back to Miami; seas forecast for 7-9's outside the reef; winds 20-30mph; I pull up to a 43 Nortech rafted up at the gas dock while waiting for Wild to gas up his 38TG. I compliment the guy on the 43 which was a beautiful boat; he says thanks its not mine, I'm just Captaining it for the Owner and today with this water I'd rather be in yours.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:22 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

True story; 2007 Key West Worlds; Sunday a.m.; getting ready to head back to Miami; seas forecast for 7-9's outside the reef; winds 20-30mph; I pull up to a 43 Nortech rafted up at the gas dock while waiting for Wild to gas up his 38TG. I compliment the guy on the 43 which was a beautiful boat; he says thanks its not mine, I'm just Captaining it for the Owner and today with this water I'd rather be in yours.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:26 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Truth hurts huh? Did I strike a nerve...is it really incomprehensible? Do yoiu want me to write what he said next? That said it was just his opinion, coming from a guy who'd driven both.

Last edited by omerta one; 10-01-2010 at 05:39 PM.
Old 09-26-2010, 10:29 AM
Registered

No way....I have been to the Bahamas on two different 43V's and made the run on an 07 TG and the NTs rode like a Cadillacs compared to the TG!
Old 09-26-2010, 10:32 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

No way....I have been to the Bahamas on two different 43V's and made the run on an 07 TG and the NTs rode like a Cadillacs compared to the TG!
So which '07 39 700 TG was it? and if you're calling me a liar we have an issue here.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.