Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer... >

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Notices

What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...

Old 09-28-2010, 08:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Jeff
Thanks for the update, keep us posted on any new info.
Thanks, Steve
Old 09-29-2010, 04:38 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jassman
Today Brian Hollis..EPIC Power Yachts ..tested their 41 CC which is basically a stretched 38 PP bottom. With not the correct props, 7 guys and 200 gallon of fuel, they recorded a 75.4 speed. Tomorrow they are trying for 80. When i spoke with him at 5:15 I expressed a big interest in the 38 with a different deck. He said he would be working on this next. As to a time I cant give you a when, But I know depending on the final look of the boat, I know of many people interested in one. Jeff
Is the 41 actually a stretched bottom, or just a molded outboard bracket?
Old 09-30-2010, 12:24 PM
Registered

Im enjoying this thread
Old 09-30-2010, 01:23 PM
Registered

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by drpete3
Im enjoying this thread
Thank you.
Old 09-30-2010, 01:46 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

Originally Posted by Jassman
Today Brian Hollis..EPIC Power Yachts ..tested their 41 CC which is basically a stretched 38 PP bottom. With not the correct props, 7 guys and 200 gallon of fuel, they recorded a 75.4 speed. Tomorrow they are trying for 80. When i spoke with him at 5:15 I expressed a big interest in the 38 with a different deck. He said he would be working on this next. As to a time I cant give you a when, But I know depending on the final look of the boat, I know of many people interested in one. Jeff
Epic? Who is the typical buyer for an Epic?

Last edited by pm203; 09-30-2010 at 01:51 PM.
Old 09-30-2010, 03:53 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 36 Likes on 28 Posts

Back on topic, the CIG TS TG will be faster than the 37' OL and the Powerplay with equal power. Does anyone have any pictures of a 38 TG or 38 Nor Tech cockpit ?
Old 09-30-2010, 03:59 PM
Registered

Received 68 Likes on 26 Posts

Cig 38 cockpit
Attached Thumbnails What Are Main Differences? Cig, Nor Outer...-lipship-38-cockpit.jpg  
Old 09-30-2010, 07:42 PM
Registered

I guess it depends what is important to you. In my opinion, of these three choices the 37 OL is the best all around boat. The 37 started production in 1993, and if you compare a mid or late 90's 38 TG to the same year 37 OL it is no contest. The cig's of that time were a much older design (straight bottom) and to me the styling, interior, etc. just looked dated- the 37 OL is a very modern shape and still looks great next to newer boats, especially with some updates. The fit and finish, even on the older OLs, is very impressive. The cabin of an OL which is most likely air conditioned, covered in ultra-leather, and finished with accent and mood lighting is a very nice place to be (and f##k). The TG, by comparison, is kinda like lounging on a picnic table.

37 OL is a much bigger boat than a 38 TG and is available with a lot of amenities that a TG probably won't have like enclosed head, A/C, heat, generator, etc. The cabin is huge, the cockpit is deep, and even the sunpad is big. Personally, I love the single step design of the 37- it handles great, crushes rough water, and some how still manages to be fast (82 with 500hp and bravos). To me it feels much more hooked up, sharp, and stable than some of the early twin-step designs.

I still love the cigs, I think all performance boaters do. I just like the 37 OL better.

Don't be afraid of a bravo boat unless you want to push big power. 500 or 525 with bravos can be a reliable package. To get 6's with Merc power you have to have 850s or 1075s (big $$$), if you get custom motors just be careful and make sure you know just exactly what you are getting. Don't buy a boat with big blower motors that the last owners cousin built in his basement just cause it has #6 drives.
Old 09-30-2010, 07:46 PM
Registered

Received 18 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by cowisl
Back on topic, the CIG TS TG will be faster than the 37' OL
Not so sure about that.
Old 09-30-2010, 08:33 PM
Registered

Wink

Originally Posted by omerta one
Are there any AT's that race? I don't recall seeing any out there. Seems odd since they are obviously the best and fastest rough water boat made today.
please we laugh at cig s racing in the 90s there one or two a yellow 42 rev buck it that got lapped so much in key west it was a joke and there was maybe one other 80 82 boat mightmare racing in d Ithink well it look good but they haven't won or raced every year since new, they were gone in the 90s came back and won one f2 lucky champ and not much more. there a nice boat if you like to swim going into turns on hot days. cigs a name DON MARKETED WELL and was about the last he worked on yes he had the usa cats 39/27 vees but he pushed cig name more than anyone owner. I've been in a nuff and on OLs and the 37 single step ol was a nice fast boat in 94 to 2000 and AT is one hell of a boat been in them too and I am sorry theres not a big diff between the two 37s and a 38tg you can pay for the name 600gs for a cig or buy a AT for 1/2 that will go anywhere a cig will go. theres been other posts and threads on northeast about whats up with cig guys someone buys a 20yr old boat and thinks it better than anythink else man. you want a rough water boat that won more races than a cig did inthe 70s/80s/90s call RICHIE SUTPHEN he will build you a new 39/40 with no steps to spin out on less money and faster if you want a clown inteior and paint job theres guys he can get. sutphen racing had to move race bodies last two years from one group cause they changed the class from p2 to sv to push out the sut cause it wasn't a full race boat it had a back seat and not a lid like all the other boats in p2 cause he kicked there azzs, so he goes to the other body and wins and at keywest the carpet bagger owner pushed him up a class a production boat running cats. NOW THERES A LEGEND SUTPHEN BOATS the real king of offshore. so please you cig guys get over it your not # 1 and have not been since 1970 what ever there a nice boat you pay for the name you want high tech buy a OUTERLIMITS or a 46 SKATER and be KING OF ALL. ps cig guys its all in fun hell I only owned a lil 650hp baja for 20yrs but loved kicken cig ass on cape cod back in the 90s ahh the looks on the faces coarse it was on days with 2 to 3s and even 4s once in a while. there was a friend who raced apba for yrs who was shocked about the lil boat in 3 to 4s one afternoon. so dude the ATs ride every well in any water had a lot of runs on a 33 running in the 90s that boat ran straight no chine walk even hitting wakes turned well too. lots of room in the 37 and 33 ATs theres 2 09 and 08 under 200 in the class, but sutphen is alpha dog of rough water vees non step, outerlimits its the skater of vees.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.