Notices

Whats better

Old 09-26-2010, 01:38 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
BBlades is great.

The advantage of buying Labbed Merc props from Teague is that you get them in 1-3 days...instead of 2-3 weeks wait time to have a prop labbed by someone else.
Maybe, but not always the case. I called Bblades on a monday morning. Said I needed a 26 labbed B1 for friday. He said no promises but he'll try to get it out. Thursday at 6 he calls me and said I'll have it by the morning.

Either way, I'd rather wait two weeks to have a prop tailored to my needs than get a prop in 3 days for convenience. Most people only boat twice a week at most anyways. So you're only saving yourself 4 boat trips. I understand your point though, and it should be one to consider.
Old 09-26-2010, 03:44 AM
Chris
Gold Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Griff
Ditto.

Merc has a standard lab finish recipe. It may work well for some boats and not others.
BBlades will lab the prop to your exact needs.

In my case, a Merc lab would not have worked and would have put me on the rev limiters. BBlades labbed mine, increased the rpm by about 100-150 and added some pitch/cupping. I'm right at 5100rpms now just shy of the rev limiter and picked up 2-3mph.
Definately there are times when custom cupping/work needs to be done to a prop... But since Merc Lab props come in 1 inch increments...that means you can tune your pitch/rpm in aproximately 150 rpm increments. Most people think that Merc props come only in even sizes... which equals to aproximately 300 rpm. Teague stocks every 1 inch increment of Merc Lab Bravo props from 22-36.

Typically thinning and sharpening a stock bravo prop will get you about 100-150 rpm... and usually a couple of mph to go with it.

Chris
Old 09-26-2010, 07:56 AM
Registered

You won't be disappointed with Bblades. Brett has done several props for me.
Old 09-26-2010, 08:53 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by t500hps
exact answer I was going to type...before I read mastercrafts.
Ditto !
Old 09-26-2010, 09:48 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by CB-BLR
BBlades is great.

The advantage of buying Labbed Merc props from Teague is that you get them in 1-3 days...instead of 2-3 weeks wait time to have a prop labbed by someone else.

Another advantage of using Merc Labbed props, is that you can get them in 1 inch increments as opposed to buying a stock Merc prop in 2 inch increments and then having it labbed.

Third advantage to Merc Lab props bought thru Teague... is that I think they are cheaper than buying a stock Merc prop, and then having it labbed.Thats why I wanted to stay w/ the 26p

Just my opinion,

Chris

P.S. The $895 price for a Merc Lab prop bought through Teague also includes a new solid hub...which you won't get when buying a stock Merc prop...making this deal even sweeter.
I haven't heard of the one pitch sizes, so merc has a 25p bravo prop? That could be a possibility. I am testing a 25 p 3blade today. Again I am looking for 400 rpm I could get it w/ a 24p but will loose speed.
Old 09-26-2010, 01:07 PM
Chris
Gold Member

Originally Posted by rshrp
I haven't heard of the one pitch sizes, so merc has a 25p bravo prop? That could be a possibility. I am testing a 25 p 3blade today. Again I am looking for 400 rpm I could get it w/ a 24p but will loose speed.
Merc has odd (as opposed to even) size props only in their Labbed props...not standard Bravo's

I think they have them from 22-36 pitch in every inch increment. Call Teague and ask.

Chris
Old 09-27-2010, 05:06 PM
Registered

I listened to everyones advise and ordered a 26p labbed prop from Brent at bblades today.The price was comparable to teague .I should see 250-300 rpm increase. hopefully I will be at about 5250-5300 rpm or 3 mph. He is working the prop to get more bow lift to smooth out the ride and for better acceleration if i understood this correctly.
Old 09-30-2010, 11:50 PM
Registered

check out the pics of the prop/boat in the props sectiion