Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Which 22' would you choose? >

Which 22' would you choose?

Notices

Which 22' would you choose?

Old 04-12-2012, 09:31 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

One of my buddies has a magnum his roommate has a formula and i have an Avanti all similar in size, we hang out twice a week, and from the post i have read it sounds very similar to our boat War talks on which boat rides better goes faster made better!
Glad were not the only ones!
Old 04-12-2012, 09:35 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 1,224 Likes on 682 Posts

Formula....
Old 04-13-2012, 01:33 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by BIGMC69
Donzi 22zx. Will ride better to any boat 25' or less. Rides much bigger than it really is. I personally owned one and could run wide open 62 mph in 2-3 footers with out getting beat to hell.
I dont doubt that the 22zx has a decent ride but to say it will ride better than ANY 25 foot boat is a stretch. A Powerquest 257 Legend has more weight, more transom deadrise, more freeboard than your Donzi and was OUTSTANDING in the rough stuff--2-3 footers were no problem. Granted its 25'7" but close enough. To say it will ride better than any 25 foot boat is a biased statement without any real merit.
Old 04-13-2012, 07:39 AM
Registered

Received 606 Likes on 275 Posts

Originally Posted by Powerquest_Baby!!
I dont doubt that the 22zx has a decent ride but to say it will ride better than ANY 25 foot boat is a stretch. A Powerquest 257 Legend has more weight, more transom deadrise, more freeboard than your Donzi and was OUTSTANDING in the rough stuff--2-3 footers were no problem. Granted its 25'7" but close enough. To say it will ride better than any 25 foot boat is a biased statement without any real merit.
Aren't most of us a little biased? 2-3 footers are no problem for a well set up Donzi 22 Classic either. In fact they are a lot of fun.
Old 04-13-2012, 10:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The bigger singles regardless of the brand seem to always be slower, I blow by them all the time an never get any action in any kind of water, guess there unsure of what your packing .....

Donzi drivers just seem to be more aggressive anyway than most, guess its the heritage of pushing the envelope that scares people off ......
It's all good .....lol..
Old 04-13-2012, 11:51 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by thirdchildhood
Aren't most of us a little biased?
Youve got a point!! Lol!