Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Has anyone ran over a Pwc? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/23988-has-anyone-ran-over-pwc.html)

THRILLSEEKER 05-09-2002 02:49 PM

You would think that they (pwc riders) would realize that you are bigger,travelling much faster,and cant manuver as quick. So in other words stay the H#LL out of the way, Its like a guy on a bicycle trying to play chichen with a dump truck.

Maximus 05-09-2002 03:51 PM

sniff sniff

Waaahh Wahhh Wahhh. Some of you guys sound like a bunch of cry babies.

Maximus

Wally 05-09-2002 04:15 PM

back when i was into jetskiing i ran over another jetski!!! a friend and myself were goofing around right off the beach. As i was aproaching him to spray him my steering cable snaped and last minute turn didnt work!!!! :eek: I ran right over his ski and put a golfball sized hole in his hood!!! After which i ran up onshore and flipped over the handlebars!!! If i had a video of it i would be $10K richer right now!!! LOL! :D :D

WaterMoose 05-09-2002 04:28 PM

Originally posted by Cuda:

"Is there a daily limit on how many you can take per day?"

:D :D

I've heard they taste alot like chicken...

WM

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-09-2002 04:52 PM

Yes !!! And I hit him too!!!:eek: As I was approaching carefully to pass this zig zagging $%$##@# I tried to time it when he went right I would go left and pass him. Well for some reason he decided to cut back sooner than I would have ever had predicted. All I could do was turn as hard as I could and cut my engine. He decided at this point right in front of me to stop and get on his knees. (He still doesn't know I am coming at him) As I came off plane the bow of my boat ran right up his back and almost hit him in the head. I believe he needed a new pair of shorts after that. We gave each other some choice words and he then took off...

jafo 05-09-2002 05:37 PM

We had a situation very much like BajaDazes', at LOTO 6 years ago- overtaking a larger vessel headed towards the dam, passing to his port. There was a PWC on his starboard (that we couldn't see) that cut in front of him, then in front of us. The two riders panicked at the sight of our bow at high speed, and the driver froze up and released the throttle. We went on the bow rail to miss them, and the wake washed the two right off the thing. It was a miss of about five feet.
When we approached the two to see if they were alright, we were surprised, (and pissed) to find two young girls, age 9 and 11 crying. They were left by their parents to 'go have some fun', while they supposedly did the same. The PWC would not restart- we towed them back to where they were staying. We could not find the parents. Nice babysitter, huh?

We have not returned to LOTO since.

PWC's are a big problem where we primarily boat as well- Mississippi River. They NEVER look behind for traffic, and think a big boat is a 'wake toy'. What doesn't help is the speed these things can achieve now.

We were witness to a fatal on the river several years ago- a drunk rider trying to time his jump of the wake of a Mach One passing by- he left the sand bar at full throttle, badly misjudged the speed of the passing boat, and plowed into its side at WOT. Although help arrived immediately, he later died of head trauma.

I distance myself from them as best as I can, and expect the unexpected. It is unfortunate the high percentage of uneducated riders. Be careful and wary, the season is upon us!
Jim

Boat Girl 05-09-2002 05:38 PM

Rxtreme- I hade to do this, but I am going to play devil's advocate, and I know PWC's can be very hazardous, but...you mentioned the intercoastal...intercoastal where...I would think the intercoastal is a no wake zone...just curious

barry 05-09-2002 05:43 PM

in pa a coast guard course is required and it still doesnt help

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-09-2002 05:55 PM

Does anyone tell them that.... "WITHOUT BEING ON THE THROTTLE YOU HAVE NO STEERING" ???:eek: :eek: :eek:

US1 Fountain 05-09-2002 06:28 PM

Originally posted by rainmn
I keep trying, but some of those little buggers are pretty quick...:D

:D :D :D