Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
OT: Calling all IT Professionals HHHEEELLLPPP!!! >

OT: Calling all IT Professionals HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

Notices

OT: Calling all IT Professionals HHHEEELLLPPP!!!

Old 05-14-2002, 08:17 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

i have an option in my Win98 add/remove programs to uninstall Internet Explorer?? Did you look under "Microsoft Internet Explorer" rather than just I.E. ?? Are you running Second Edition 98 ??

Glad you got it resolved...just wondering what was up?
Old 05-14-2002, 08:38 AM
jr

I'm running the first addition of 98. When I tried to add/remove explorer, I got a box that popped up that asked if I wanted to make additions, or fix the problems. I tried to fix it and Windows said sorry cant fix it. And I tried to also make additions, but it would accept additions to it. I when into the folder and tried to uninstall but there was no uninstall executable. Onr big problem I had is that it couldnt find iexplorer.exe which starts explorer. Just for grins I copied it from a tube at work and added it into the folder and it worked. But I still couldn't get a page to display or it would not connect to my mail servers. I deleted all my mail and connection accounts, and redid them. But nothing worked. Thats why I went with formatting the harddrive.

Just as a side note. Gateway hard drives, who ever makes them, will allow you to install the ribbon cable to the IDE port upside down. It is kind of terrifying to see "NO OPERATING SYSTEM FOUND" when you install a second CD-ROM to back up files. WHOOPS. I was getting flashes of huge repair bills on the thing. But fortunately is was my fault. Flipped the cable over and things worked fine.