Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX? >

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Notices

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Old 10-01-2010, 07:29 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

Okay, before I throw up at the loss of THE XXX , I will say the new boat seems to look great. I look forward to seeing it out and about.

Not all theme boats need a redo. I would CRY if someone totally redid SPEEDRACER without any resemblance.

I mean, you have guys that put boats BACK to the original theme. Little Speed is a great example.

The price after all that work seems realistic as well.
Old 10-01-2010, 07:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Never seen a paint booth that big. Thats pretty cool
Old 10-01-2010, 08:25 PM
Registered

Received 885 Likes on 480 Posts

Originally Posted by cdowns
O Really ????
I forgot, you sold some boats too. You sold a SKATER and a couple of 2008 Donzis............
Old 10-02-2010, 11:11 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
Noted earlier in the post Nortech is doing the redo....
Thanks Scott.
Old 10-02-2010, 11:25 AM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I forgot, you sold some boats too. You sold a SKATER and a couple of 2008 Donzis............
I love when people post on stuff they know NOTHING about. If you want you can come to Pickwick and i'll show you our sales from this year.... The three SOLD 48 MTI's w/ 1350's being built now does'nt hurt either..
Old 10-02-2010, 11:48 AM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

I love when people post on stuff they know NOTHING about. If you want you can come to Pickwick and i'll show you our sales from this year.... The three SOLD 48 MTI's w/ 1350's being built now does'nt hurt either..
Is one of those Alberts new boat? When do we get to see the initial sneak peaks???
Old 10-02-2010, 12:29 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Originally Posted by thisistank
Is one of those Alberts new boat? When do we get to see the initial sneak peaks???
No, Albert has some 1350's for his current boat. He has'nt ordered a new one YET... We'll have one in Lauderdale,another one done for Key West and Derrick's new 48 in thw Miami show. I'll see if i can get some spy picts.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 3,019 Likes on 987 Posts

No, Albert has some 1350's for his current boat. He has'nt ordered a new one YET... We'll have one in Lauderdale,another one done for Key West and Derrick's new 48 in thw Miami show. I'll see if i can get some spy picts.
Sweet! Congrats on the sales, can't wait to see the new rides.
Old 10-02-2010, 12:45 PM
Commercial Member
Commercial Member

Sweet! Congrats on the sales, can't wait to see the new rides.
Thanks Tank.
Old 10-02-2010, 03:36 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Designed and rigged by cigarette, epoxy layup by skater (Cig doesn't do epoxy and when they do they have skater do it). The Cig kilo boat was sold to a customer and if anyone truly wishes too they can order the same boat from cigarette any time. It was even listed on their line up at the 08 Miami show.

To say it isn't a Cig is to say fountain didn't deserve half their race records or kilo record because skater layed up some of their boats.

Not knocking tripple X. Sweet boat that demanded (as it surely will again) attention wherever it goes. It blew past us at easily 120+ at the Daytona poker run a few years ago. Those dry stacks screaming as it went by about 25' to our port. Phil and I looked at each other with grins from ear to eat...it's an awesome machine.
I think talking about the XXX vs Cig is stupid. Many years apart, and the Cig from what I understand had near 1800hp with the quad turbo motors. This is from my memory so I might be a little off but its not apples to apples.

I've personally been in the SV43 with 1500hp and its still pulling and drivable at 170+. If I remember correctly, they said the Cig was violently out of control. I know what I saw while racing in P1 last year, the Cig was out of control, decent straghit line speeds in calm water, but turning, chop or rough water was the demise of the Cig in P1.

The XXX was an incredible boat and turned many heads. Sad to see it get painted, but its paint, it doesn't last forever. Having some ghost XXX on the new paint would be awesome.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.