Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX? >

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Notices

Did Shogren repaint 47 OL XXX?

Old 10-04-2010, 11:10 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by omerta one
Anyone know why this one is for sale already?

http://www.offshoreonly.com/classifi...o36036-en.html
Do you know the answer to this question? Seems only the owner would know the answer...

Beautiful boat/F650 package though!
Old 10-04-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
Jim W who owned this boat is one great and generous guy

This is A little Video of XXX taking Make a wish Kids for a ride at Smoke On THe Water Poker Run
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nSa4pBc18zc

Jim left his tow truck with me for over a month while having some maintaniance work done on the boat here with orders "Go have fun with the truck" we only took it out a few times but what a cool truck it was, and alot of fun to drive

Pics are of My son by the truck and wife and I before a trip through town
Jim and his girl are really great people not to mention....they like to party like Rock stars when we're together
Old 10-04-2010, 12:09 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Marginmn

Well on Tuesday the fun began because as everyone was hauling their wares to Miami for the show Outerlimits puts out their own PR claiming that XXX had in fact made a speed run on the previous Friday and they had run 161 mph - one MPH faster than Fountain. The only proof to back up this after-the-fact claim was a photo of a GPS unit displaying 161 mph. Their lack of proof nor their lack of adherance to generally accepted rules for making a world record attempt did not stop OL from also going to the Miami show and claiming to have the fastest V bottoms in the world.

To my knowlege XXX never ran in an official kilo run - before or after this GPS incident. So the only claim XXX ever had to being the worlds fastest V was solely based on a single pic of a GPS unit. Some bought into this, many others wanted to see XXX prove it on a kilo course - which it never did to my knowlege.
Isn't that exactly the same way they posted Gino's Mercedes MTI is the worlds fastest pleasure boat? I only remember seeing a GPS photo, but they put it in the magazines, etc?
Old 10-04-2010, 12:17 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by BLee
Isn't that exactly the same way they posted Gino's Mercedes MTI is the worlds fastest pleasure boat? I only remember seeing a GPS photo, but they put it in the magazines, etc?
2 things...

1. OL has never proved anything in any run. They posted a pic to cause trouble and they got it later that year when Fountain ran 171 (183 2nd pass after the trap). They got their azzes handed to them.

2. Gino is the one claiming fastest powerboat, not MTI as a company, to my knowledge. With that being said, I believe Gino and his numbers.
Old 10-04-2010, 12:25 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Hauling Trash
XXX Has NO History. All BS, So who cares.

Mike http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m2NHBoiP9Go
No, it def does. In an Al Gore sort of way....
Old 10-04-2010, 01:18 PM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Originally Posted by DollaBill

2. Gino is the one claiming fastest powerboat, not MTI as a company, to my knowledge. With that being said, I believe Gino and his numbers.
Oh yeah, I totally believe Gino & his boats' performance stats. I was just refering to the way it was presented, which I had no problem with, but others in the past have been slammed for only having a GPS photo.

I just found it interesting that no one made anywhere NEAR as big of a deal about it, as they did with XXX/Cat Killer/Speed Racer, for not having NASA approve his runs.

Last edited by BLee; 10-05-2010 at 08:12 AM.
Old 10-04-2010, 01:34 PM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Sorry to get in on the off-topic deal here, but....

I think Gino's claims have merit, albiet, they are not "official." Gino did have a video of the run showing that he held that speed for quite a distance (not just a short burst and then back it down), and the throttleman used for the run also happens to be imo the industry standard!
Old 10-04-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

2 things...

1. OL has never proved anything in any run. They posted a pic to cause trouble and they got it later that year when Fountain ran 171 (183 2nd pass after the trap). They got their azzes handed to them.

Kinda funny, but didn't OL win the P1 world championship last year? Against Fountain, against Cig?
Old 10-04-2010, 05:36 PM
OSO OG
Gold Member

Originally Posted by Whipple Charged
Kinda funny, but didn't OL win the P1 world championship last year? Against Fountain, against Cig?
They did great in P1, but that's apples and oranges in this discussion.
Old 10-04-2010, 06:26 PM
Mod Squad Enforcer
Charter Member

Received 795 Likes on 258 Posts

They did great in P1, but that's apples and oranges in this discussion.
True, P1 is real racing, not Reggie racing.

Remember, OL would most likely have one of Fountains World Championships(2005) if not for SBI's REGGIE rules.

No way would that 47 OL not have KILLED the disintegrating CatKiller.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.