Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Now that was a kick a$$ weekend! >

Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!

Notices

Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!

Old 04-29-2002, 11:35 AM
Uncle Toys

Default Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!

American Hot Boat Associations Heat Wave Poker Run at the Nautical Inn on the beautiful blue waters of Lake Havasu WAS A GAS! Below is a bunch of photos we took this weekend – my new version of post whoring. What a great way to meet a bunch of the OSO people. Dougie Fresh, Tank, Cig One, Miss Amy & Lutz, Devil Man, Board God #1 (aka Jeffrey), TimeWarp, Garry, Audiofn, Phantom Chaos and many more.

The weekend started off with one of my most exciting boating experiences and just keep getting better. Friday at lunchtime we ran over to the Nautical Inn via the London Bridge to see if there were people headed down to the Springs for lunch. Just as we came under the Bridge, the SCOPE guys were firing up their big blocks, and as CigOne puts it, rocking the docks! I put it in neutral and sat there as the big dogs came out – Devil Man, Jeffrey, DougieFresh – before I knew it, I was surrounded by a bunch of big offshore boats making a ton of noise. My blood was pumping and the hair was standing up on my arms. I looked over and noticed my wife sitting straight up with her eyes big and round and a smile plastered on her face. This morning she told me her checks hurt, because that smile didn’t stop until Sunday night on the drive home.

Dougie, I owe you big time for talking me into going to this poker run! I’m sitting here this morning trying to get into the work flow - I am sore, sun burnt, tired, and facing a tall stack of fuel receipts – and still I can’t wipe off that smile either!

Old 04-29-2002, 11:44 AM
Uncle Toys

OK, guess I should start out with the Board Gods boat. Check out the cool chrome lettering “Cigarette”, you had to see that with the sun shining on it – awesome. But Jeffrey, who’s the handsome guy driving it?
Attached Thumbnails Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!-p1010038.jpg  

Old 04-29-2002, 11:46 AM
Charter Member #232
Charter Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

UncleToys: It was great to see ya out there. You have a great boat. Remember the superchargers just plain sound cool. You aint fooling anyone with the better gas excuse We got some good video of you on the water. Get in touch with Nort to see if you can get a copy. Maybe even an edited one It was great to see you guys out there and paryt a bit that evening. Give me a call mid this week and lets see about getting together for Skaterfest!!!! I can get your itinerary and maybe we can get ya out on the water out this way

Jon
Old 04-29-2002, 12:19 PM
Uncle Toys

Sorry, I know you guys want to see boats, but I just saw this picture and had to post it. That’s Tank shaking Cat&Mices hand, me in between sporting my patriotic head cover. Check out the glow on Tanks back – ouch!
Attached Thumbnails Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!-p1010062.jpg  

Old 04-29-2002, 12:24 PM
Uncle Toys

Here’s my favorite this weekend. The DevilMan. My picture doesn’t do the colors justice, plus I think I forgot to get a picture of his really cool yellow powder coated number 6 drives. But the kick was his matching shoes.

Stay tuned, more pictures to come (damn work keeps getting in the way).
Attached Thumbnails Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!-p1010042.jpg  

Old 04-29-2002, 12:35 PM
Uncle Toys

The Nautical Inn’s cove and the drivers meeting Saturday morning that I’m late for – damn, where do I park?
Attached Thumbnails Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!-p1010073.jpg  

Old 04-29-2002, 12:40 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Uncle Toys~

Lutz and I enjoyed meeting you so much! You and Kathy and the girls were awesome. Here is a picture of you. I also have a really cute one of your boat going under the London Bridge with the 3 girls standing up in the back.

Everybody was so generous to us out there. We coudln't have asked for better hospitality. It was so great to finally meet all the west coasters.

I'd like to especially thank Doug and his wife Jill for letting us be passengers on their boat and for helping to make our first Poker Run such a great time. And to Nort for a very cool ride down thru the Canyons. and for the great company when we went out dancing. Karen, if you are out there lurking, you are a hoot! Tank and Kelly, Cig 1, Kevin Shulte, Rick 32 and Carol, KWB, and everybody else.....you guys are great! Can't wait to come out again sometime and do it all again.

Jeffrey....tell Denise that Meg says "Hi" LOL!!

Oh, and kudos to LakeRacer!! Art, I'm really sorry that we never made it over to the dinner Saturday night. We just stayed out too late on the water and the time got away from us. Kevin and I appreciate everything you did for us and I'm really sorry we didn't have more time to visit. Thanks for the tee!!!
Attached Thumbnails Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!-uncle-toys-waving.jpg  
Old 04-29-2002, 12:57 PM
Uncle Toys

Thanks Miss Amy, having you guys out here made the weekend extra special! Notice my wife is taking your picture at the same time, just haven’t found it yet. Think I’ll rip the phone out so I can get some work done….oh….this isn’t work, is it?

Here’s the only one I’ve found of you two so far. That’s Lutz about to take our picture from the dock and I believe that’s your butt to his right

I’ll find and post that one of Lutz taking off his shirt and flexing those corn fed, rippling, bronzed muscles.
Attached Thumbnails Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!-p1010067.jpg  

Old 04-29-2002, 01:02 PM
Uncle Toys

I knew this picture was in here. That’s Dman and his matching shoes – kewl! But beware, don’t step on them
Attached Thumbnails Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!-p1010107.jpg  

Old 04-29-2002, 01:04 PM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 11 Posts

UT- nice shot of the Grumman with BIG POWER!!!!

it looks and sounds like everyone had a awesome and safe time!

jbk

Quick Reply: Now that was a kick a$$ weekend!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.