Notices

Ride Share/Boat Slutting

Old 10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
JnT
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Far from perfect, it gets the job done, but is a handful to drive http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yuq55nvN3vo
I love that Pantera!
Last year I posted I was going to be in Ft Lauderdale looking for a boat ride and Rchevelle71 stepped up right away. He went above and beyond being a gracious host and really hooked us up with a great time. I've watched his boat restoration and seen him for years on the forums so I felt I already knew him. Turned one to be one of the best days I've ever had on the water. Thanks again man! You know you have an open invite to ride in a slow little Apache.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:54 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Bobthebuilder
Randy, I know you well enough that I can say, it will be a pleasure to have you along. I am shipping Team PREDATOR back to St Thomas in late January and will spend time on and off in the Islands thru until late May when we will again do the 2011 BVI poker run before coming home. My next adventure will be going all the way "down Island " so there will be lots of opportunity. We can talk further as we get closer.
Bob
Bob, you are the man!!! Have fun this weekend and take a couple pics for us inland boaters.
Old 10-08-2010, 02:56 PM
Registered

Received 14 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by JnT
I love that Pantera!
Last year I posted I was going to be in Ft Lauderdale looking for a boat ride and Rchevelle71 stepped up right away. He went above and beyond being a gracious host and really hooked us up with a great time. I've watched his boat restoration and seen him for years on the forums so I felt I already knew him. Turned one to be one of the best days I've ever had on the water. Thanks again man! You know you have an open invite to ride in a slow little Apache.
Awesome, that is the type of scenario I am talking about. There is something to be said about a local and their first hand knowledge of an area. You could boat for a week and wouldn't be able to see what they can show you in a day..
Old 10-08-2010, 04:59 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

This is a cool idea.

Having actually given 2 out of town guys rides on my boat this summer, it is a good way to meet some fellow boaters and show someone around. I assume they had fun too (hopefully).

You can get a decent feel for if someone is respectful by their posts.

I'd say most of the posts would be people posting looking for a ride, and then if you are able to offer one you contact them. Posting open seats could create awkwardness if several people want them maybe?
Old 10-08-2010, 07:34 PM
Registered

Received 690 Likes on 276 Posts

Its lso nice if your comming in for a run from outof the area. Leopa holds a few runs around my area. If you don't know this end of the lake, you can be buying new props really quick. Having a local that knows the area to keep you out of trouble can be a definite asset.
Old 10-08-2010, 07:48 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 619 Likes on 181 Posts

I have no problem being a boat slut, Going to Miami and got a ride to Key West on a friends boat, we used my boat for Desert Storm.
So it all works out
Old 10-08-2010, 08:12 PM
Registered

Received 887 Likes on 481 Posts

Great idea...........but rides can be scary with the wrong person at the wheel! I have run 100+ mph with others at the wheel that were smooth as can be and I have seen guys at 60 MPH I don't want to even be near, nevermind in their boat.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:16 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by JnT
I love that Pantera!
Your welcome Jim, How are you and Tammy, just passing back what has been given to me by others, and I believe that is what the original intent of this thread was, and I agree 100%, but when $$ changes hands on paper(or the internet), it can get tricky. I agree there should be a section for people to hook up for meetings, and ask/offer boat rides, but I will not respond to anyone I have not met offering $$ for a boat ride, however I will almost always offer up a free ride, and if ya wanna pitch in gas $$ that is fine, otherwise a few beers, and possibly lunch is enough, you went over the top leaving $$ in my truck, but I understand, I have done the same to others. To be honest with ya Jim, Paul actually deserves the thanks, I still havent even gotten a ride in that 32 Skater

For anyone interested, here is the link to the video from that day, and at the end you can see why I call it a high powered canoe

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_IwLxaF1mK0

Last edited by rchevelle71; 10-09-2010 at 12:40 AM.
Old 10-09-2010, 12:18 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by baywatch
Awesome, that is the type of scenario I am talking about. There is something to be said about a local and their first hand knowledge of an area. You could boat for a week and wouldn't be able to see what they can show you in a day..
I dont have much Knowledge, that is what scares me, but I know enough people to get by, the GPS does the rest
Old 10-09-2010, 12:19 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jupiter Sunsation
I have seen guys at 60 MPH I don't want to even be near, nevermind in their boat.
I resemble that remark, but I blame the poor handling on the boat

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.