Notices

Ride Share/Boat Slutting

Old 10-09-2010, 12:37 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

BTW,

I have an open seat for the run to Cabbage Key next weekend 10/16 if anyone is interested
Old 10-11-2010, 02:09 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I dragged my boat all the way down to Sarasota last fall . Would of loved the option of seeing /boating in the area with a local first , so I could decide if its the right spot to go before commiting to storage / hotels etc .. I like the idea of trading rides - just would not want to end up in a boat with a lunatic .. It's to bad BObthebuilder has already been in the St.lawrence / 1000 islands can't make that offer to trade ..

Last edited by whataride; 10-11-2010 at 02:20 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:17 PM
Registered

being a noob and wanting to learn and research as much as possible this is a great idea for me. i would love to ride in some of these great boats before laying down 100 to 200k.

i would ask age, occupation(could give you an idea on people skills), and conduct a phone interview. example, i run college dormitories so i know how to conduct myself professionally and how to interact with people. i would also have no problem providing references to character or how to behave on a boat. the interview would be for the driver too. i dont want to get on some 100mph boat with an idiot either! i would also want to be on a fully insured boat.

a topic like this would really help me because i really want to go on a poker run in NY. i would bring my own pdf, a non boat helmet, and offer to pay for the boat and driver entry fee. i would also prefer an alcohol free boat. is this fair? this is what i would ask had i owned a boat someone wanted to ride on. im sure each driver would require different stipulations.
Old 10-11-2010, 03:30 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by 1000islandadict
being a noob and wanting to learn and research as much as possible this is a great idea for me. i would love to ride in some of these great boats before laying down 100 to 200k.

i would ask age, occupation(could give you an idea on people skills), and conduct a phone interview. example, i run college dormitories so i know how to conduct myself professionally and how to interact with people. i would also have no problem providing references to character or how to behave on a boat. the interview would be for the driver too. i dont want to get on some 100mph boat with an idiot either! i would also want to be on a fully insured boat.

a topic like this would really help me because i really want to go on a poker run in NY. i would bring my own pdf, a non boat helmet, and offer to pay for the boat and driver entry fee. i would also prefer an alcohol free boat. is this fair? this is what i would ask had i owned a boat someone wanted to ride on. im sure each driver would require different stipulations.
Trying to figure out how a PDF is going to help??

I think you meant PFD
Old 10-11-2010, 03:32 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Trying to figure out how a PDF is going to help??

I think you meant PFD

-----LOL smooth...... pFd! see no b.s.! im in an office every day haha!
Old 10-11-2010, 03:48 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

I've been lurking on here for a year or so, thought I'd throw my .02 in.
I know Baywatch and some of the LOTO guys and the idea could work in a lot of instances.
I've had people we hardly know run with my Wife and I at LOTO and it always seemed to turn out OK.
It's my boat I set the rules, they can have input, but there's only one Captain and they know this ahead of time.
Now on the other hand, I'm also a resonable guy and just ask them to act responsible and respect my me, Wife and my boat, as I would there's, no drunks.

It's tough though, you really don't know people all the time, but be upfront and it should work out.
I've only taken a few cocktails or dinner, never cash, that's not right.
Novel idea because I don't even have trailer and if I did I wouldn't drag it 20 hours either.
Old 02-21-2011, 11:09 PM
Registered

.. was there ever a section put in place for this?