Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   NJPPC Recognized in New Poker Runs America Mag (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24049-njppc-recognized-new-poker-runs-america-mag.html)

DaveP 05-09-2002 10:52 PM

NJPPC Recognized in New Poker Runs America Mag

Thanks Bill Taylor!!!

From the latest issue: www.pokerrunsamerica.com

Publisher's Message in Vol. 5 / No. 2 WORKING TOGETHER

It's always flattering to know that you're respected by your peers. Case in point is a recent web posting by the NJ Performance Powerboat Club citing some very important words by Cigarette Racing Team's Penny Field (see Women in Power, Volume 5 Number 1).

In the article, written by Michelle May-Schmidt, Filed praises our American Poker Runs Association (APRA) and the New Jersey Performance Powerboat Club for producing events that promote safety.

"Many customers buy a boat, turn the key and believe they can be a racer," says Field, stressing that there is a distinct difference between the rules that apply to racers on the course and what boaters should do out on the water. Field urges that safety is the key, paying attention to the amount of alcohol consumed and speed that is used or abused.

"There is a lot of resistance to imposing additional regulations on boaters, mainly because they buy a boat for fun. However, we must all be opposed to the speeding and drinking that leads to accidents that, in the end, ruin it for everyone, " says Field.

Kudos to NJPPC for spreading the word. From our very first poker run some 15 years ago, we have established a set of guidelines that have, over the years, enhanced safe and responsible boating without removing the fun factor of poker run participation. Dave Patnaude and his team have honored us by adopting our rules on the water into his organization's well-received Ten Commandments concept.

I remember when Chuck Sprague e-mailed me last March that NJPPC would love to get our input, admitting that most of the guidelines were based on Poker Runs America programs. We were only too pleased to have been of help.

Let's face it, each boating season puts more and more emphasis on speed and safety on the run. Penny Field's intuitive take on boaters who resist commonsense on-the-water regulations both deserves and earns our deepest respect.

I would like to invite all readers - pro and con - to tell me how they feel. Write me a letter or post a message on our web site.

WILLIAM E. TAYLOR

BODYSHOT1 05-09-2002 11:00 PM

:cool:

SunseekerNY 05-09-2002 11:02 PM

I just read the e-mail. Great job, you deserve it.

Best regards and "Safe" boating,
Jennifer

DaveP 05-10-2002 07:25 AM

Thanks guys! (and gals) :D

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-10-2002 07:39 AM

Congrats tp NJPPC & thanks Bill Taylor!!!;)

Shane 05-10-2002 09:06 AM

Proud to be an NJPPC member!:D :D :D :D