Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Celebrating the 50 :) (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/240547-celebrating-50-a.html)

Toffen 10-10-2010 05:46 PM

Celebrating the 50 :)

Hi!

I hope you all are well.

Yes, soon I am crossing the 50 year figure (and 10 years at Offshoreonly :)). My wife and I plan to celebrate it in US, close to the sea and the boating life. We are once a year at Catalina Island, when I am in LA on business trip. And we love the place. We are travelling over primo November, but would be very happy for any ideas for a similar place to visit in March.

We have been thinking of Florida. Our down closer to San Diego. Or maybe the lakes?

We love bars, restuarants, marinas and boating life. If we travel to Florida I may have the chance to visit some factories, take a boat trip and sit in a bar at the marina. Or a Pokerun .. :) That would be awesome. We are not so much the organised sightseeing people. We take the day as it comes.

The summer is over now in Norway, and we appreciate all suggestions!

All the best,

Heidi and Toffen, :kiss:
Lillesand, Norway

Catmando 10-10-2010 06:58 PM

Originally Posted by Toffen (Post 3227385)
Hi!

I hope you all are well.

Yes, soon I am crossing the 50 year figure (and 10 years at Offshoreonly :)). My wife and I plan to celebrate it in US, close to the sea and the boating life. We are once a year at Catalina Island, when I am in LA on business trip. And we love the place. We are travelling over primo November, but would be very happy for any ideas for a similar place to visit in March.

We have been thinking of Florida. Our down closer to San Diego. Or maybe the lakes?

We love bars, restuarants, marinas and boating life. If we travel to Florida I may have the chance to visit some factories, take a boat trip and sit in a bar at the marina. Or a Pokerun .. :) That would be awesome. We are not so much the organised sightseeing people. We take the day as it comes.

The summer is over now in Norway, and we appreciate all suggestions!

All the best,

Heidi and Toffen, :kiss:
Lillesand, Norway

Hey Toff long time no see bro. :) You've been on OSO as long as I have(well kinda lol). Do you have a boat here in the States? I think you should not miss the Key West races and the FPC poker run.

www.flpowerboat.com

glenncal1 10-15-2010 10:24 AM

The SW florida area (Sanibel, Captiva, Naples, Ft. Meyers) is a boating paradise in my opinion. Don't know about any events that time of the year. But go there rent a boat and have a blast.

Griff 10-15-2010 11:17 AM

South Florida for either the Key West races or February for the Miami boat show would be my choices.

Toffen 10-16-2010 05:51 AM

Hi!

Thanks guys! I will check around :)

We will travel to US the 25 th Feb and stay until March the 6th. We do not have any boat in the states. Only back home here in Norway. I know a guy from my neighbourhood living around Naples, so I will chase him. He built himself a house there a couple of years ago.

Cheeers, Toffen

RunninHotRacing163.1 10-16-2010 07:29 AM

Originally Posted by glenncal1 (Post 3231207)
The SW florida area (Sanibel, Captiva, Naples, Ft. Meyers) is a boating paradise in my opinion. Don't know about any events that time of the year. But go there rent a boat and have a blast.

Ditto + Key West & congratz on BIG 50 :drink::drink::drink:

AB From Windsor 10-16-2010 09:07 AM

Hi Toffen!

Congratulations on being on OSO for a decade, also Happy Early 50th Birthday Toffen. Hope you and Heidi have a great time when you decide where you will be going and Celebrating your Birthday.

Toffen 10-16-2010 10:20 AM

Hi!

Its always been a pleasure to visit Offshoreonly. I remember when it had a different format, I wonder if it was in 1998. So time is running!

I had a dream of a Cigaratte Gladiator when I became 50, but it will be a new outboard instead. He he. But boating will be great fun anyway :)

Cheeers, Toffen

Steve 1 10-16-2010 11:08 AM

So Florida for sure ,fast offshore powerboats were invented here.