Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   blow through superchargers (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/240596-blow-through-superchargers.html)

jeff1000man 10-11-2010 10:46 PM

I just like to stir up the stew. I know there are guys that can make them run, I know there are guys that can't make them run. THere are hundreds if not thousands of these kits out there still running fine, so at some point, someone must have figured out how to make them run, I just get ticked when guys try to slap around the guy with the opinion.

Especially when someone starts a thread asking for an opinion.

I know they make tremendous power. It is just hard to find a guy with enough set ups under his belt to know which ones work and which ones don't. If you find that guy, then it is gonna cost you a brisket, not a steak.

Dollar for dollar in today's market, and buying all brand new stuff and not stuff that is used in the OSO classified's or on ebay.

Whipples are the way to go if you have clearance problems under your hatch. And I actually am not an advocate of the whipple because I like the look of the giant 14-71 on top of the engine, but everyone has an opinion.

Enjoy the project, and I hope it works out for you. :coolcowboy:

thunderusone 10-11-2010 10:54 PM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 3228334)
I usually ride around slowly in my steak, I had a large time running my PBNJ last weekend. It is not an exotic boat but I have a blast in it. Lot's of fun.

My steak actually has 4 turbos and 4 blowers but it is not a fast boat. Boost is fun.

I have been sitting beside ZXXX's boat running a 103mph like it was nobody's business. That thing is a freakn beast. I almost died in it before I realized how fast it really was and how much power that set up made on the top end. That boat has hurt alot of peoples feelings. It is one bad mofo! :)

Turbojack 10-12-2010 06:13 AM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 3228397)

Whipples are the way to go if you have clearance problems under your hatch. And I actually am not an advocate of the whipple because I like the look of the giant 14-71 on top of the engine, but everyone has an opinion.

That is a Whipple with EFI. When I did my project I did not want to put a scoop on the boat & wanted to get everything under the cover. I had 2 choices, Whipple with efi or procharger with blow thru carbs. I had made a few calls and back then I did not feel comfortable working with or want to spend the extra money going the EFI route. I do almost all of work myself and I went with what I could handle myself.

ZXXX Donzi 10-12-2010 08:08 AM

Originally Posted by thunderusone (Post 3228402)
I have been sitting beside ZXXX's boat running a 103mph like it was nobody's business. That thing is a freakn beast. I almost died in it before I realized how fast it really was and how much power that set up made on the top end. That boat has hurt alot of peoples feelings. It is one bad mofo! :)

Wow, and that is coming from a guy that has 4 whiffles. 2 of them with a side of #6!

ZXXX Donzi 10-12-2010 08:17 AM

Originally Posted by jeff1000man (Post 3228397)
I just like to stir up the stew. I know there are guys that can make them run, I know there are guys that can't make them run. THere are hundreds if not thousands of these kits out there still running fine, so at some point, someone must have figured out how to make them run, I just get ticked when guys try to slap around the guy with the opinion.

Especially when someone starts a thread asking for an opinion.

I know they make tremendous power. It is just hard to find a guy with enough set ups under his belt to know which ones work and which ones don't. If you find that guy, then it is gonna cost you a brisket, not a steak.

Dollar for dollar in today's market, and buying all brand new stuff and not stuff that is used in the OSO classified's or on ebay.

Enjoy the project, and I hope it works out for you. :coolcowboy:

I gave him a few names. More exist. Actually many of the big name builders are playing around with Turbo's. The tuning and setup of those should make a little Procharger install look like a joke. Young Performance did a bang up job on Procharged build. No it was not a PBNJ style install job but it did not break the bank.

Yes, you can certainly spend brisket money on them.

I am not going to argue with a guy that has a 27 Magnum. It is one of my favs:ernaehrung004:

green lightning 10-12-2010 12:15 PM

I would like to thank everyone for all the information, I never looked at the whipple charger system because I did not realize that they had a chiller in them. I will buy something , I don't have a problem spending money, I just want something that will work with out blowing up. I will dyno at least one motor and both carburetors to make sure there is no lean condition .

jeff1000man 10-12-2010 12:50 PM

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi (Post 3228568)
I gave him a few names. More exist. Actually many of the big name builders are playing around with Turbo's. The tuning and setup of those should make a little Procharger install look like a joke. Young Performance did a bang up job on Procharged build. No it was not a PBNJ style install job but it did not break the bank.

Yes, you can certainly spend brisket money on them.

I am not going to argue with a guy that has a 27 Magnum. It is one of my favs:ernaehrung004:

You can argue with me now since the Magnum is back up playing on the Jersey Shore