blow through superchargers >

blow through superchargers

Notices

blow through superchargers

Old 10-11-2010, 06:35 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jeff1000man
It's a problem with keeping the airflow consistent at low rpm's. All the extra air plumbing changes the volume and flow rate of the air going through the carb. That was about all I got out of the discussions. I don't know anyone that installs any of these systems either EFI or carbed anymore on boats. They all got to frustrated and the price of whipples etc became more reasonable.
A number of builders will still install these today on both EFI and Carb.

Young, Crockett, PMEFI and others come to mind right off the bat.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:47 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
A number of builders will still install these today on both EFI and Carb.

Young, Crockett, PMEFI and others come to mind right off the bat.
I am just saying a few guys that I know. I didn't say everyone. JEEZ.

I am not saying they are junk. And I never said that I ran them, just saying that I have not heard a lot of good. I am sure there are a lot of people that are happy with them.

A lot of people are happy eating peanut butter sandwiches until you feed them their first steak. Just saying there are a lot of better ways to go that's all. If you don't know the difference, then I am sure they are the most wonderful things ever invented.

Hell I had a boat that had the EFI one's in it and I damn near gave them away for the price that I sold them for becuase it is to hard to find anyone that will stand behind a tune up on one of those set ups. And yes, the engine was all ready blown up when I got the boat, and yes, I did call a lot of people in this area and none of them would touch them.

And before you jump in on htat one. I am sure if you pay anyone enough money, they would warranty a tune up on bag of crap.

It's all about perspective, and that is the one thing everyone forgets on this websight.

So that should be all there is to that.

Last edited by jeff1000man; 10-11-2010 at 06:51 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 06:49 PM
GPM
Registered

Received 80 Likes on 58 Posts

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zykyNU4x8QI
Old 10-11-2010, 06:51 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Look hard at the vortechs. Have had them on a pair of 500 efi for 300 hours now. have had one tensioner go bad and a couple of broken belts (which i believe is from when in rough water and not being good on the sticks) have seen several broken belts on other brands to when running hard in the ruff.

the vortech is good looking kit installed with good fit and finish.

My boat went from 86 to a best of 111 with nothing but a cam change and vortech kits and some tuning I am happy with mine.
Allen
Old 10-11-2010, 08:13 PM
Registered

I am just saying a few guys that I know. I didn't say everyone. JEEZ.

I am not saying they are junk. And I never said that I ran them, just saying that I have not heard a lot of good. I am sure there are a lot of people that are happy with them.

A lot of people are happy eating peanut butter sandwiches until you feed them their first steak. Just saying there are a lot of better ways to go that's all. If you don't know the difference, then I am sure they are the most wonderful things ever invented.

Hell I had a boat that had the EFI one's in it and I damn near gave them away for the price that I sold them for becuase it is to hard to find anyone that will stand behind a tune up on one of those set ups. And yes, the engine was all ready blown up when I got the boat, and yes, I did call a lot of people in this area and none of them would touch them.

And before you jump in on htat one. I am sure if you pay anyone enough money, they would warranty a tune up on bag of crap.

It's all about perspective, and that is the one thing everyone forgets on this websight.

So that should be all there is to that.

I never said that they were the best setups and I am VERY sure that there are not ANY reputable engine builders that would warranty a tune up on a bag of crap. Sounds like you had that problem. Why would they? Too much risk.

Just offering some perspective from what I have experienced and not just heard.

For the record, I think that a Whipple is the way to go. That does not mean that it can't be pulled off just fine with a centrifugal setup with a blow through.

I prefer steak but sometimes grab a peanut sandwich on the go!
Old 10-11-2010, 09:29 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Prochargers kick azz! If you're running under 1000hp, blow through is cheap and easy. Over 1000hp should be EFI. There is a LOT of misinformation on centrifugals out there, and on this board.. Their kits aren't nearly as good or as much of a simple bolt on as a Whipple, but they'll make more power. If it's set up properly there are absolutely no driveability issues. I just finished 3 marine packages and have 4 more in the works right now. The only thing that'll make more power is a turbo.. Let me know if I can help with anything. Alex
Old 10-11-2010, 09:33 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Jeff P31
We all like steak , just hate having to buy the whole cow for one steak !!!!!!!!!!
I usually ride around slowly in my steak, I had a large time running my PBNJ last weekend. It is not an exotic boat but I have a blast in it. Lot's of fun.

My steak actually has 4 turbos and 4 blowers but it is not a fast boat. Boost is fun.

Last edited by ZXXX Donzi; 10-11-2010 at 09:35 PM.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:46 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I just like to stir up the stew. I know there are guys that can make them run, I know there are guys that can't make them run. THere are hundreds if not thousands of these kits out there still running fine, so at some point, someone must have figured out how to make them run, I just get ticked when guys try to slap around the guy with the opinion.

Especially when someone starts a thread asking for an opinion.

I know they make tremendous power. It is just hard to find a guy with enough set ups under his belt to know which ones work and which ones don't. If you find that guy, then it is gonna cost you a brisket, not a steak.

Dollar for dollar in today's market, and buying all brand new stuff and not stuff that is used in the OSO classified's or on ebay.

Whipples are the way to go if you have clearance problems under your hatch. And I actually am not an advocate of the whipple because I like the look of the giant 14-71 on top of the engine, but everyone has an opinion.

Enjoy the project, and I hope it works out for you.
Old 10-11-2010, 10:54 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Originally Posted by ZXXX Donzi
I usually ride around slowly in my steak, I had a large time running my PBNJ last weekend. It is not an exotic boat but I have a blast in it. Lot's of fun.

My steak actually has 4 turbos and 4 blowers but it is not a fast boat. Boost is fun.
I have been sitting beside ZXXX's boat running a 103mph like it was nobody's business. That thing is a freakn beast. I almost died in it before I realized how fast it really was and how much power that set up made on the top end. That boat has hurt alot of peoples feelings. It is one bad mofo!
Old 10-12-2010, 06:13 AM
Registered

Whipples are the way to go if you have clearance problems under your hatch. And I actually am not an advocate of the whipple because I like the look of the giant 14-71 on top of the engine, but everyone has an opinion.
That is a Whipple with EFI. When I did my project I did not want to put a scoop on the boat & wanted to get everything under the cover. I had 2 choices, Whipple with efi or procharger with blow thru carbs. I had made a few calls and back then I did not feel comfortable working with or want to spend the extra money going the EFI route. I do almost all of work myself and I went with what I could handle myself.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.