Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Don't You Just Love a Girl Who Loves to Go Fast? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/240622-dont-you-just-love-girl-who-loves-go-fast.html)

Edward R. Cozzi 10-11-2010 09:58 PM

Took the new woman in my life 95 MPH in a 47' OL for her first ride in a high performance boat. (Flat water - nothing challenging) She loved it...wants me to buy one. Told her no, I'd have to give-up too many cars.

buck183 10-11-2010 10:00 PM

Originally Posted by Racegirl3 (Post 3228343)
Hmmm .... I guess some of you havent met me ... or Dee... or Heather ... or Kitten ... or Loreen .... or Mary ... or Elizabeth ... or Daneen .... or Donna ... or Karen ... or Leslie .... or Dina :D

Point is , there are plenty of us out there.... you just gotta find a girl who doesnt mind getting her hair messed up :rolleyes::drink:

For the most part you ladies are the exception to the rule. That's why we do what we can to stay on your good side here on these forums. ;)

Buck

caseyh 10-11-2010 10:13 PM

Buddy boat blew a drive this year at emerald coast. Him and our other buddy limpped in one one. Picked up his girls (3) and we took off to get his last card for him in pincacola. Who ever was there knows a storm came up. They whent from a 32 fountain to a 25 baja lol. We rolled into the storm jumping every wave never hitting hard but nice size for the 25'. It stormed the whole way back from pincacola to fort Walton. They loved every min of the wet set sliding back and forth screaming go faster with the rain pounding at 50mph

Interceptor 10-11-2010 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by richanton (Post 3228200)
I was out yesterday with some girls who I haven't had on the boat before. There was a nice chop going in the sound and I was pushing it. Every time the boat got big air I would look over expecting them to be all freaked out, but they were smiling and having a blast, telling me to go faster! It was getting dark and they didn't want me to head in.

I love it, thinking about those chicks having fun and not being a pain in the a** has had me smiling all day.

Anybody with me?

I also like women that can drive the truck and launch/retrieve the boat.

PatriYacht 10-11-2010 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by Turbojack (Post 3228336)
This is what you call a wifeegovenor. Mine is set about 55-65 before it goes off.

when it comes to wives vs girlfriends or friends on the go fast issue here's my take on it, IMHO I love going fast, but on other people boats:party-smiley-004: Why you ask, that's because we (I) know the faster you go the chances of breaking something goes up and that means money out of my pocket!!!! Donna

PatriYacht 10-11-2010 10:27 PM

LOL some of you guys that post about wives not like going fast also complained on another tread about them pushing the thermostat way up when it gets cold, or leaving lights on in rooms that we have exited, as I told Ian tonight as he was complaining about the light left on in my office, peanuts, yes peanuts compared to that gas guzzling, time consuming piece of fiberglass in our driveway:drink::kiss: LOL I always wonder how I would feel about the Black Thunder, if I really didn't like boating/which I do!

jpf091959 10-11-2010 10:33 PM

My girlfriend loves to go fast. She hardly ever grabs the hand hold. I have to admit I would rather be driving than being a passenger.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DkGYxpvWgwk

87MagnumII 10-11-2010 10:58 PM

Originally Posted by firehawkcat (Post 3228298)
I think the woman dont complain until you marry them then they will tell how fast you can go

thats exactly what happened to me!!! :lolhit:

Rattlesnake Jake 10-12-2010 04:33 AM

Originally Posted by firehawkcat (Post 3228298)
I think the woman dont complain until you marry them then they will tell how fast you can go

Originally Posted by Turbojack (Post 3228336)
This is what you call a wifeegovenor. Mine is set about 55-65 before it goes off.

It's called your personal "Rev Limiter"..:lolhit:

Flyin-Bryan 10-12-2010 07:13 AM

Originally Posted by 87MagnumII (Post 3228405)
thats exactly what happened to me!!! :lolhit:

That's what Divorce lawyers are for.