Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OK, what gives..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24095-ok-what-gives.html)

Steve 1 05-10-2002 08:06 PM

Shame it was funny! When I came on this afternoon it was gone.

best Regards:p

Phknlwyr 05-10-2002 10:08 PM

Risk Taker gave at least 2 hours notice prior to deleting the thread in order to allow everyone to get their parting shots and make nice. At 4:30 sharp, it was gone. The man is true to his word. I got no problem with that at all.

MitchStellin 05-10-2002 11:23 PM

You know, it doesn't happen often but some threads really grow legs. That one sure got out of hand, but it was fun to watch. I think it took at least 4 different paths during it's life. May it rest in peace.

CigDaze 05-11-2002 08:57 AM

Troutly,
No.:rolleyes:

gmhdfan 05-11-2002 09:26 AM

Originally posted by Troutly
I left the fun at around 2:30 pm CST. I'm sure I missed a bunch more :) . Did Supercrash come back and let us know what kind of prop(s) he has????
It must be a real nice SAILBOAT if it has props on it:)

CigDaze 05-11-2002 10:35 AM

Originally posted by gmhdfan

It must be a real nice SAILBOAT if it has props on it:)

HUH? Are you saying that SC is a blowboater?:D

supercrash 05-11-2002 11:17 AM

Sorry guys....I bailed on that thread...If you guys knew the support I recieve through the e-mail you would clean it up a bit...The name calling is terrible no matter who it is directed at..And makes some of you look very bad..Lets just say the more mature members on the board are a bit dissappointed with the lack of respect for the board...

now with that said...I also want to tell you guys about OSO...I have been in other forums and they DO pull threads , and they DO Kick people out for good...for far less than I have seen here...I have been on the recieving end of that ....OK collective laughter....My point is that OSO is a great board and let things unfold as they do...only stepping in when there might be a potential problem for them...so for the future...If anybody dissagrees with someone then post your point of view instead of namecalling and bashing...you will come off a lot better...and the board will be better for it...

MitchStellin 05-11-2002 12:39 PM

Although I agree with Crash and I know we all do, It should be very clear by now that any name calling, bashing, kicking, hair pulling and such is all in good fun. There is not one of us who would not come to each others assistance in a REAL emergency situation but when it comes to the board you need some pretty thick skin and a very good sence of humor. No one is serious and if we ever ran into each other we would be very mature about it. I am sure we would all have a good laugh. With that said I think Waterfoul is a girl.:D

Frequency 05-11-2002 01:10 PM

supercrash,

I'd like to make some observations as a disinterested party to the frequent clashes between you and other members of this board. All comments are in reference to the thread started by Risk Taker. Please take this as constructive criticism.

Originally posted by supercrash
...The name calling is terrible no matter who it is directed at..And makes some of you look very bad..Lets just say the more mature members on the board are a bit dissappointed with the lack of respect for the board...
You appear disingenuous when you attack someone for calling you names, but call them names in the same post. If you want respect, refrain from counter attacks. The bickering starts when you needlessly insert politics into a thread. If you feel you must do so, go ahead, but be prepared for the onslaught. When it comes, take the high ground and refuse to stoop to name calling yourself.

You mentioned kicking someones teeth in when they called you a liar. I wonder how many "mature" members of the board sent you supporting emails on that post? Maturity dictates that you do not resort to violence during verbal altercations, nor do you make threats.

Contrast your posts on that thread to those of Phknlwyr. He was jumped on immediately for his post. He kept his composure and debated intelligently without lowering himself to attacks or irrelevant babble. In the end, he earned the respect of many on this board, while holding his views intact.

You've talked the talk....now walk the walk.

NASTY HABIT 05-11-2002 01:21 PM

although I think recall a certain legal foot mentioned being in someones rumpus.... don't know about anyone else but I always feel uncomffy with that notion....threat ? I dunno...possibilty ? I guess with enough backswing and forward momentum anything is possible :eek: