Fastest Skater with equal power? >

Fastest Skater with equal power?

Notices

Fastest Skater with equal power?

Old 10-21-2010, 07:16 AM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by SS930
Again, this is why I was saying the 32, with all things being equal. Comparing a custom light layup 368 or 388 to a 'production' 32 is not apples to apples IMO. Now if you're talking about a custom 368 vs a custom 328 with equal build/options/features, now I think we're talking apples to apples.

Like I said, I think all things being equal the 32 will be faster (in the proper conditions). With that said, obviously the bigger boats have a huge advantage once the conditions get rougher...
All things aren't ever going to be equal since the tunnels on larger boats are longer & wider, nor will they weigh the same. My understanding is that no 2 flat deck boats are the same either, there is no template or fixture & Peter cuts them all himself.
Old 10-21-2010, 07:45 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Again, this is why I was saying the 32, with all things being equal. Comparing a custom light layup 368 or 388 to a 'production' 32 is not apples to apples IMO. Now if you're talking about a custom 368 vs a custom 328 with equal build/options/features, now I think we're talking apples to apples.

Like I said, I think all things being equal the 32 will be faster (in the proper conditions). With that said, obviously the bigger boats have a huge advantage once the conditions get rougher...
The 368 and 388 can run rt around 130 with 525's (amsoil and stihl)
That's pretty darn efficient. Then you've got the 388's with big power running 188 +. I'd say that's a hard combo to beat.
Old 10-21-2010, 08:40 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by NASCAT
All things aren't ever going to be equal since the tunnels on larger boats are longer & wider, nor will they weigh the same. My understanding is that no 2 flat deck boats are the same either, there is no template or fixture & Peter cuts them all himself.
+1

if things were able to be equal, physics says the smaller / lighter boats would be faster. but there are a lot of things going on besides length and weight.

Last edited by panicrev; 10-21-2010 at 08:56 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 10:39 AM
Registered

Received 33 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Gladhe8er
Interesting...that 36 is a slow poke
That's Funny. My old 36 ( Bacardi Silver ) is still to this date the fastest piston powered boat with a 202 mph
Old 10-21-2010, 11:41 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Exactly. So going back to the OP's question, which is going to be faster? Let's compare like models and modifications.

It's not fair to say an ultra light lay-up 36 with the tunnel widened 8" is faster than a plain Jane 32 with the std tunnel/lay-up, therefore a 36 is faster than a 32. That's horse sh!t. Comparing a light weight 368 or 388 or a canopy boat to a std 32 is not comparing apples to apples! These boats have had the tunnel widened over the std model, are lighter, and possibly even a canopy! If you make the same mods on a 32 (328) so that both have equally widened tunnels with the same lay-up and areo, the 32 becomes much more efficient... just like the 36 and 38 do when you widen them 8", lightened, and a canopy is added.

Doing like mods to both and given the same amount of development/setup, the 32 will be faster. With that said, I'd rather own the 36/38 all day long, but that wasn't the question.

Last edited by SS930; 10-21-2010 at 11:45 AM.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Registered

I've had an ultralight carbon cut down 328 ob race boat and now have an all carbon Kevlar cut down 32 with 710 ilmors and #6's, if I put my power and drives on a 36, 368, or 388 with the same layup and deck those 3 would be faster. End of story. The 36, 368, and 388 are more efficient hulls. Don't shoot the messenger . Ps this is the 4 th skater I've personally owned, and I used to race a 36 triple ob boat (snake man) as well.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:05 PM
Registered

Received 12 Likes on 9 Posts

Exactly. So going back to the OP's question, which is going to be faster? Let's compare like models and modifications.

It's not fair to say an ultra light lay-up 36 with the tunnel widened 8" is faster than a plain Jane 32 with the std tunnel/lay-up, therefore a 36 is faster than a 32. That's horse sh!t. Comparing a light weight 368 or 388 or a canopy boat to a std 32 is not comparing apples to apples! These boats have had the tunnel widened over the std model, are lighter, and possibly even a canopy! If you make the same mods on a 32 (328) so that both have equally widened tunnels with the same lay-up and areo, the 32 becomes much more efficient... just like the 36 and 38 do when you widen them 8", lightened, and a canopy is added.

Doing like mods to both and given the same amount of development/setup, the 32 will be faster. With that said, I'd rather own the 36/38 all day long, but that wasn't the question.
Lets face it this thread is never going to amount to anything more than bench racing UNLESS one of you order 2 boats from Peter w/ the same power & specifications that SRE is inquiring about.

Count me out b/c I already own a Skater & ordering 2 more would leave me w/ 3 which simply wouldn't make sense.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Lets face it this thread is never going to amount to anything more than bench racing UNLESS one of you order 2 boats from Peter w/ the same power & specifications that SRE is inquiring about.
That I would agree with!
Old 10-21-2010, 07:12 PM
sre
Registered

Originally Posted by flight club
That's Funny. My old 36 ( Bacardi Silver ) is still to this date the fastest piston powered boat with a 202 mph
I really like what you did with that boat. It turned out awesome!

BTW, I wanted to thank your club for the tremendous hangover I had this morning. LOL
Old 10-21-2010, 07:13 PM
sre
Registered

Count me out b/c I already own a Skater & ordering 2 more would leave me w/ 3 which simply wouldn't make sense.
Just thought this would be a fun thread to start up but like you said there really can't be a fair comparison.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.