Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Haggin Retires (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/240983-haggin-retires.html)

AB From Windsor 10-18-2010 08:07 AM

WOW!!!!!!!!!!

I didn't see this coming, I never met Mr. Haggin but had seen him many times at the races and read many great comments by others about him. All I can say is, that Mr. John Haggin will be missed by all and he will always be remembered for what he brought to the Sport of Offshore Powerboat Racing. Team Leader, innovator, philanthropist to the sport of Offshore Powerboat Racing, a down to earth guy and a Gentleman.

The Members of the "Ontario Offshore Powerboat Association" wish Mr. John Haggin all the best in his retirement and thank you for your support of the sport and all the Memories.

DaveP 10-18-2010 08:18 AM

John will now join the ranks of Rocky Aoki, Al Copeland, Forrest Barber, Paul & Mark Nemschoff, Matt Alcone, Dave Scott and a few others. All of them brought much needed attention to offshore racing thanks to their passion for the sport and their large budgets to fund their teams.

Thanks John for your generosity to Shore Dreams For Kids and best of luck to Scotty & Marc in marching forward with the team in 2011!

KiloKat 10-18-2010 08:27 AM

Congratulations John! Got your text Saturday night :) Hope you took care of those "RHS" shots for me!!!

See ya soon my friend .... :ernaehrung004:

jayboat 10-18-2010 08:37 AM

Happy trails, John. :drink:

Thank you for everything you have done for the sport.

Tom A. 10-18-2010 08:57 AM

Thanks John for all the enthusiasm, time, effort, (not to mention money) you invested into Offshore Racing. As Dave P. said, you are part of a great fraternity who pushed the sport to new levels.

BODYSHOT1 10-18-2010 10:53 AM

thanks for all you've done for the sport..and all your support for OPA/Jersey Boyz...cheers to you!!

phragle 10-18-2010 11:04 AM

Haggin, thank you not only for everything you have done to promote the sport, but for everything you have done to make the sport safer.

Catmando 10-18-2010 12:22 PM

Offshore racing will never be the same without Haggin and Dave Scott. :( :(

Catmando 10-18-2010 12:24 PM

Matt you misspelled Granet's first name...

Matt Trulio 10-18-2010 12:40 PM

Originally Posted by Catmando (Post 3233087)
Matt you misspelled Granet's first name...

Damn, Cat, just when I'm ready to tell you that you're wrong as I'm looking at my blog on speedonthewater.com, where it is spelled correctly as Marc, I got to the link I provided, which comes from Boatermouth.com, where it is spelled March.

If you're bored out of your mind, go check it out.

Short story: Boatermouth is being redesigned and for some reason is not picking up corrections from the sites/blog that feed it. (I actually caught my typoe before it went live last night and corrected it.) My web guy is on it and it should be corrected in the next hour.

In the meantime, sorry Marc.