Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Finally got 2 things done that I have been meaning to do with the Pantera............ >

Finally got 2 things done that I have been meaning to do with the Pantera............

Notices

Finally got 2 things done that I have been meaning to do with the Pantera............

Old 10-18-2010, 08:29 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Finally got 2 things done that I have been meaning to do with the Pantera............

Hit 60MPH, and visit the West Coast of Florida

Had a good day on the water with some guys that I have been meaning to meet up with, Don(MaritimeEng), Larry(Sheer insanity), Shaun Torrente, and a few others from screamand fly.

Got 60.0 MPH on the way back to the ramp from Cabbage Key, best in the past was 59.8 before the bracket, and 55 with the bracket(bad setup, and wrong prop), motor up 1 notch, mirage +, cowl mod, and a clean screen in the regulator got it done. Now it is getting the 300 ECU, and maybe a few more mod's, shooting for 65 soon Pics at link below.

http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/...Cabbage%20Key/
Old 10-18-2010, 08:59 AM
Registered

Received 84 Likes on 32 Posts

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Hit 60MPH, and visit the West Coast of Florida

Had a good day on the water with some guys that I have been meaning to meet up with, Don(MaritimeEng), Larry(Sheer insanity), Shaun Torrente, and a few others from screamand fly.

Got 60.0 MPH on the way back to the ramp from Cabbage Key, best in the past was 59.8 before the bracket, and 55 with the bracket(bad setup, and wrong prop), motor up 1 notch, mirage +, cowl mod, and a clean screen in the regulator got it done. Now it is getting the 300 ECU, and maybe a few more mod's, shooting for 65 soon Pics at link below.

http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/...Cabbage%20Key/
Rick-

It was great to finally meet you. It was a fun relaxing run, one of these days I have to get the boat over to your coast....... If I dont see you on the next few FMO runs I will see ya Dec 3-4 for the Toys for Tots run.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:11 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Congrats Rick... The west coats is beautiful & cabbage key is defenatly a cool place to stop for a bite.. My father along with a good friend of ours is down there right now (pine island/st. james city area)

The boats all look great !!
Old 10-18-2010, 09:20 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by Maritime_Eng
Rick-

It was great to finally meet you. It was a fun relaxing run, one of these days I have to get the boat over to your coast....... If I dont see you on the next few FMO runs I will see ya Dec 3-4 for the Toys for Tots run.
Don,

Fer Shure, I would like to organize a run over on this side, but I need to warn everybody that it may end up being(as Pat from Active Thunder put it " a slow ride down a ditch for a cheeseburger". Not everyones boat can handle the outside(especially some of the guys from Screamandfly), and it is so hard to forecast what the atlantic will look like in advance. The run from Boca or Delray to Peanut Island is OK, since the big boats can take the outside if they wish, and worst case, the inside is at least on plane for the most part(I run it at high 50's, but dont get caught. Larry wants to bring his girl over for a sightseeing cruise through Lauderdale, with stops at Shooters, and 15th. street fisheries, which is OK, but not something I would not necessarily advertise here, but then there is always the Keys Shaun knows the water very well down there, and I have it plotted on the GPS so y'all dont have to wait up for me, plus the little boats can handle it, I will post some pics from our last trip down there, and see if it is something anyone is up for.
Old 10-18-2010, 09:26 AM
Registered

Here is a link to our last Keys run from the Caribean Club to Holiday Isle sandbar, if anyone is ever up for this run, I am ready

http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/...71/Islamorada/
Old 10-18-2010, 09:28 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by littledcsrodshop
Congrats Rick... The west coats is beautiful & cabbage key is defenatly a cool place to stop for a bite.. My father along with a good friend of ours is down there right now (pine island/st. james city area)

The boats all look great !!
Thanks,

finish your boat up, and get it down here to run already
Old 10-18-2010, 09:59 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Nice!

Nice touch with the 'Manatee Intake'
Old 10-18-2010, 10:37 AM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Rick glad to hear the great news! Hopefully we can do some nice runs in 2011. Remember we can always run down to South Biscayne Bay, everyone can run big or small.
Old 10-18-2010, 12:03 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Pantera24
Rick glad to hear the great news! Hopefully we can do some nice runs in 2011. Remember we can always run down to South Biscayne Bay, everyone can run big or small.
Yup,

Gotta get back to the bay, I thought about calling you to go on the run, but it didnt hit me 'til I was halfway across the alley
Old 10-18-2010, 02:54 PM
SORE MEMBER
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by rchevelle71
Here is a link to our last Keys run from the Caribean Club to Holiday Isle sandbar, if anyone is ever up for this run, I am ready

http://s1036.photobucket.com/albums/...71/Islamorada/
Wow, that water looks awesome, I am going to have to make the tow down there one year.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.