Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Deposit or not? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/241087-deposit-not.html)

boating37 10-20-2010 08:44 PM

I have always taken people out for a ride in the boat when showing them the boat, that is part of the process of selling a boat.But on the other hand the boat was always kept at the water so it was easy to go take a ride.People have diffrent
views on selling a boat.

Mastercraft240 10-21-2010 09:31 AM

Originally Posted by pm203 (Post 3234451)
The proper way, is to actually do your research and see if this is the right type/kind of boat for you first. If you need a ride to determine that, you have not done your homework. Go back to school and stop wasting the sellers time.

Excuse me? Are you telling me to go back to school? :angry-smiley-038: I'm the seller, not the buyer. I do agree with the rest of your post. I've purchased all three of my boats with a start up and mechanical tests on land.

Sick Stinger 10-21-2010 01:07 PM

I dont agree with the 50K boat to 500K boat. No one is better then anyone money doesnt make a differance or what boat you own. I can only spend what i can spend but ill be danmed if some one who has a that cost more thinks they are in a differant league. We (I should hope) all take pride in what we have big or small 5K or 500K. As for the selling buying, Ill go out for a run, I mean im going to use the boat anyway and its another ride for me and an excuse to go boating. Yes its a water test so the proposed buyer can make sure its all proper and working but enjoy it and show the boat to its fullest and best. Let them see what it can do and go from there.
-Mike

Stormrider 10-21-2010 02:43 PM

Originally Posted by mastercraft240 (Post 3235323)
Excuse me? Are you telling me to go back to school? :angry-smiley-038: I'm the seller, not the buyer. I do agree with the rest of your post. I've purchased all three of my boats with a start up and mechanical tests on land.

Jay... you read that wrong... :D
He meant the buyer should go back and get educated, and stop wasting the seller's time.

wjb21ndtown 10-21-2010 03:30 PM

Originally Posted by Sick Stinger (Post 3235473)
I dont agree with the 50K boat to 500K boat. No one is better then anyone money doesnt make a differance or what boat you own. I can only spend what i can spend but ill be danmed if some one who has a that cost more thinks they are in a differant league. We (I should hope) all take pride in what we have big or small 5K or 500K. As for the selling buying, Ill go out for a run, I mean im going to use the boat anyway and its another ride for me and an excuse to go boating. Yes its a water test so the proposed buyer can make sure its all proper and working but enjoy it and show the boat to its fullest and best. Let them see what it can do and go from there.
-Mike

It's not about "pride" or what the boat means to the buyer or seller. It's not about the "person" being in a different league, it's about the "boat" being in a different league. I would think it is ridiculous if I could go into any MTI dealer and get a joy-ride on a $500K, 140mph boat at the drop of a hat with no interest in purchasing it.

Boats that go over 100mph cost a lot to maintain. I wouldn't expect to get a test ride in one if I wasn't serious enough to put down a nominal deposit that should be considered trivial by someone that is seriously in the market for a machine of that caliber.

pm203 10-21-2010 03:34 PM

Originally Posted by Stormrider (Post 3235552)
Jay... you read that wrong... :D
He meant the buyer should go back and get educated, and stop wasting the seller's time.

That's right. I am talking about the buyer.