Notices

Soft sided coolers

Old 10-25-2010, 03:58 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Sea-Dated
Just ordered a new one a few weeks ago and now you give the discount.

Thanks Brian......

Love the new cooler by the way.....
It's always been there since we joined oso...

I took it off when you ordered......
It's back on now....
lol

Brian
Old 10-25-2010, 10:37 PM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

AO is definitely the best. I bought a cooler from him a few years back and had it embroided with the boat name. The shipping company ( FedEx) kept screwing up the address. I gave the right address, AO had my address correct, but everytime FedEx shipped it, they changed the street name (very similar to my street name, but not the same ). I went to the other address, but no luck. I kept talking to AO to straighten out the mess, and it kept happening. 3 times they sent me a new cooler and 3 times I never got it. (Maybe the local FedEx guy has 3 coolers with the name of my boat on it ). Long story short, AO refunded all my money and shipped me another one ( UPS ). I didn't want a refund. I knew it wasn't their fault. They insisted on it and wouldn't take my money, no matter how much I tried. Now that is a standup dude running a standup company. You would be crazy not to spend your money with them. And oh yea, the cooler is top quality.
Old 10-26-2010, 07:50 AM
Registered

Received 26 Likes on 14 Posts

Every soft sided cooler I have owned ends up leaking. EXCEPT AO!!!!

I use the AO cooler on the boat. We take it on vacations. It is one of the best luggage investments I have made.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:29 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 87 Likes on 35 Posts

AO = no leaks.
Old 10-26-2010, 09:41 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by VetteLT193
Every soft sided cooler I have owned ends up leaking. EXCEPT AO!!!!

I use the AO cooler on the boat. We take it on vacations. It is one of the best luggage investments I have made.
I hate when people show up to boat ride with cheap soft coolers from Acadamy or Wal Mart. I've tried a ton of the them and they all leak eventually. My AO is 3 years old and has been used a ton and doesn't leak at all. If they do ever leak I think Brian will replace it.
Old 10-26-2010, 01:51 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

G.L. AO sponsored the LGPBA events. We have used and abused their products for the last 4 yrs and have had nothing but good luck with them. As you know, My coolers are used and used often !!
Old 10-26-2010, 03:31 PM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

AO = Leaks for me guys. I've got 5 total. Just bought 2 new last year and both liners failed. Tried an Horizon and it is just OK. My 7 year-old Polar has held up the best.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 10-27-2010 at 02:34 PM.
Old 10-27-2010, 12:16 AM
Rob
VIP Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

what about sweating on the bottom and getting the cockpit carpet wet?

The Only Time You Have To Much Ammo Is When Your Swimming Or On Fire.
Old 10-27-2010, 06:18 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
Never been a problem for me...
Old 10-27-2010, 08:05 AM
Registered

Received 743 Likes on 401 Posts

Originally Posted by Strip Poker 388
They only get wet on the bottom if the liners fail. That is what happened to my latest AO's. I've had 5 total. I have a smaller stand up one that is fine other than the zipper pull broke off. I had a couple of older 24 can coolers that the zippers failed on. The owner of AO was at the Cumberland Poker Run a few years back and stated they upgraded the zippers so last year I bought a couple more 24 can coolers. Sure enough, the zippers were much heavier than my older coolers. However, both liners failed by the end of last summer on the newer coolers. One liner separated from the canvas near the zipper at the top of the cooler and the other liner leaks in one of the lower corners. When they work, AO's are the nicest of any of the soft coolers I have owned. Much better construction and finish than the Horizon cooler I bought and they have thicker insulation than my Polar Cooler. I just can't get one that stays together more than a couple seasons. That is where the Polar Cooler has excelled. It has stayed together for several years without issue.

Last edited by Knot 4 Me; 10-27-2010 at 08:08 AM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.