Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
USAA Bank or Bank Atlantic Help >

USAA Bank or Bank Atlantic Help

Notices

USAA Bank or Bank Atlantic Help

Old 10-25-2010, 10:10 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

As a sidenote I have run audio for USAA shows at their complex in San Antonio which is the 5th largest building in the US,while I really cant talk about the internal stuff , its friggin impressive to say the least .
The USAA Building in San Antonio is 4.6 million square feet!
Old 10-25-2010, 10:19 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Philm
Pretty standard with any bank to hold funds for 5-10 for anything over $5k. USAA does do wire transfers, because I have done them with them before, they charge like $25 to do one, not a big deal.
That was my first thought as well, they told me they used to do them but recently they stopped? I called the bank to double check and it was confirmed, I was however very impressed with their customer service, The only way I could get through to a branch manager at my Bank Atlantic Branch was to call, stay on hold long enough to drive over to the branch, walk in, and ask to speak to a manager in person. Wonderful, I do not have any issues with USAA, I think they are great, but how in the heck with only 4 actual walk in locations, could they opt to discontinue wire transfers?

Last edited by spk1; 10-25-2010 at 10:25 PM.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:54 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown
Sounds sketchy. Why not use an escrow company, shipping COD or Paypal? The 4% fee or w/e it is looks pretty cheap if you're worried about something going wrong.
Its a bank check written on usaa (military bank), They want to do the deal in person, which is great for me,I like to do every deal that way, they do not want to release the check untill I release title and ownership, I told them I will not transfer ownership or the vehicle untill funds have cleared my bank, ( I trust the check is legit, funds are there etc, but I am not protected against a cancelled check), So knowing these details, does an escrow company work? If so please educate me on how to go about choosing one and how the deal works?
Thanks in advance
Old 10-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 1 Post

if its for a car its probaly a pre-approved loan check. Very common with USAA....but hell what do I know.
Old 10-25-2010, 10:58 PM
Registered

If the deal is big enough for both parties a round trip ticket from Ft Lauderdale to San Antonio is only couple hundred bucks and couple hours each way.. Deal could be done and over in a day..
Old 10-25-2010, 11:04 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by HTRDLNCN
If the deal is big enough for both parties a round trip ticket from Ft Lauderdale to San Antonio is only couple hundred bucks and couple hours each way.. Deal could be done and over in a day..
I think you may be right. Good call,
Old 10-26-2010, 04:46 AM
Registered

I'v done boats , cars and motorcycles with USAA for years. I live in NJ so some times the money was wired to a bank account and lately they overnighted a check either to me or to the dealership. Customer service is unreal!
Old 10-26-2010, 07:20 AM
Registered

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

You can call USAA and verify the funds, it only takes a few minutes. I had purchased something where they did that (boat or car, can't remember).

Donzi Marine took my USAA check with a smile. OffLeaseOnly did as well. Most people see a USAA check and are very happy because they know the money is good.
Old 10-26-2010, 08:09 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 758 Likes on 348 Posts

Originally Posted by tomtbone1993
if its for a car its probaly a pre-approved loan check. Very common with USAA....but hell what do I know.
Yep - my wife and I have done a couple like that through USAA, but they always had a wire option that worked the same way so I would explore that.

USAA is indeed the best banking institution in the United States.

For us they are also the best insurance option by far....
Old 10-26-2010, 08:39 AM
Registered

Originally Posted by spk1
I think you may be right. Good call,
Ill be there next 2 days doing a show if I can help let me know.
[email protected]