Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Black Thunder - Just my opinion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/241437-black-thunder-just-my-opinion.html)

FuelinAround 10-29-2010 09:20 AM

Are they still offering new builds?
http://www.blackthunderpowerboats.net/index.html

FuelinAround 10-29-2010 09:21 AM

Also I see soem of them have bow thrusters????? Anyone have that option on their or a pic? Seems like it would look odd on a powerboat

endeavor1 10-29-2010 06:24 PM

Originally Posted by kyboy1020 (Post 3241710)
Also I see soem of them have bow thrusters????? Anyone have that option on their or a pic? Seems like it would look odd on a powerboat

Couple things for ya,

1st - The 460EC "Extended Cockpit" doesnt have the room to stagger the engines because of cockpit length. Not torque or whatever you said a couple posts ago.

2nd - A bow thruster is a wonderful thing on a boat this big and in NO way "ODD". I suggest you find someone with one of theses boats and go for a ride. Great boats but FYI, they are not for a newbie. These boats can get away from you in crosswinds and require some work and thought processing when trailering and etc.

If you dont mind hauling a semi trailer around on your bumper, then more power to you.

Again, great boats minus the bravo drive thing

BDARCHER 10-30-2010 09:43 AM

[QUOTE=kyboy1020

KYBOY . Where do you boat. I tow the BT up Kentucky Lake at least once a year to visit friends, Fat Daddys and The Breakers.

Jassman 10-30-2010 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by fountain40icbm (Post 3240459)
That is completely wrong. There's plenty of head room in a 51 OL well over 5ft.

5' 10 1/2" is what I measured at one of the shows..the orange boat.

Jassman 10-30-2010 03:13 PM

Originally Posted by Mentalpause (Post 3241356)
Then how come we could only hit 78 with your 700s - remember, that was the day John's 27 baja passed you!!:eek::eek:

Your expressions was...................priceless (pic 1). But then you recovered to pass him back, and all was well (pic 2).

get it right.. it was 68..:lolhit: and Johns boat was a Baja 255 islander...with a 454 Merc... fast boat..

if anyone can get a pic at the wrong time..of.. oh no he passed me.. it would be you..:drink:

FuelinAround 10-30-2010 10:03 PM

[QUOTE=BDARCHER;3242566][QUOTE=kyboy1020

KYBOY . Where do you boat. I tow the BT up Kentucky Lake at least once a year to visit friends, Fat Daddys and The Breakers.[/QUOTE]

We travel quite a bit. Boat at ky lake some, loto, Cumberland, and local river.

As to the other post above I was just curious if they offered staggered and it seems they don't. I boat My 31 every weekend almost 6-7 months of the year and run a cruiser and house boat for a friend so I think I could handle the boat in the future. I have never seen a bow thruster on a performance boat and didn't know if it would look out of place on the hull.

OL40SVX 10-30-2010 10:14 PM

[QUOTE=kyboy1020;3242892]

Originally Posted by BDARCHER (Post 3242566)

We travel quite a bit. Boat at ky lake some, loto, Cumberland, and local river.

As to the other post above I was just curious if they offered staggered and it seems they don't. I boat My 31 every weekend almost 6-7 months of the year and run a cruiser and house boat for a friend so I think I could handle the boat in the future. I have never seen a bow thruster on a performance boat and didn't know if it would look out of place on the hull.

There's been a couple manufactures that have put bow thrusters in, Nor-Tech, Black Thunder, and Outerlimits to name a few.

GO4BROKE 10-31-2010 09:03 AM

I'd love to have a bow thruster on my 386. Tall boats are a pain in the ass docking in the wind. WAY more difficult than my 31 was.

I looked at a 46EC at the Lauderdale show. I would buy one. I think they look good, and are fast for their size vs. power. I have 5 overnighting on my boat, more cabin is good.

Catmando 10-31-2010 11:54 AM

I like the BTs but not with Bravos. Great helm design too. I would like to see an EC with trips which would mean at least a 2' transom extension. I don't see a problem with a bow thruster on a performance boat this big. What difference does it make how it looks?? They make it much easier to dock. Doesn't Nor-Tech offer them on their 50?