Black Thunder - Just my opinion >

Black Thunder - Just my opinion

Notices

Black Thunder - Just my opinion

Old 10-26-2010, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 1 Post

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
I haven't had the opportunity to look at these boats, but I have looked at a 43 Nor-tech which is on the top of my list...but it doesn't have 6'10" of head room either and I'm over 6'
LOL exactly. I am only 5'9....I could jump on the bed and make all kinds of new sexual position with this kind of head room. This is why I am still looking at them
Old 10-26-2010, 10:46 AM
Charter Mod
Charter Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by boatme
He was making a derogatory remark about how early and stupid it was to see competitors doing demos at 8 am.

This showed me how they did not understand the marketing process of the product.
It doesn't sound like that guy could have marketed a breakfast burrito at that time of day, much less a 6 figure powerboat at ANY time of day

Originally Posted by baywatch
with the 51 OL and the 50 NT in the marketplace I don't know why a new boat buyer would even look that direction (BT).
I don't know the BT market at all, but if they were all brand new for comparison, aren't the 51 OL's & 50 NT's substantiallymore expensive than a 46 BT?
Old 10-26-2010, 10:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by BLee
It doesn't sound like that guy could have marketed a breakfast burrito at that time of day, much less a 6 figure powerboat at ANY time of day

I don't know the BT market at all, but if they were all brand new for comparison, aren't the 51 OL's & 50 NT's substantiallymore expensive than a 46 BT?
if i had to take an educated guess I'd say SUBSTATULLY more!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 12:02 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by ROADHOG
Biggest mistake Terry made at Nortech was selling Wrink a BOAT!!!!!!
Hey, don't U have a hemorrhoid U need 2 scratch!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old 10-26-2010, 04:17 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 28 Likes on 14 Posts

Jeff - You are right, If you notice i was the only one not wearing a life vest in the cigarette.(made me look like the true idiot in the boat) I am here to tell you I will not run any poker run that does not make wearing a life jacket mandatory now
and i will not run any boat at high speed without a vest on
You are correct the old mind set is not relevant anymore in the case of safety life jackets are nessesary to the sport

As far as BT, the niche was a good one ,they failed to capitalize on their popularity when they were on the top of the bubble. When the bubble burst they had nothing left, it is very sad

Jeff you going to KW this year ??

You guys have a great time, drink a few for us, and hopefully next year we will se ya all there.

Last edited by Jassman; 10-27-2010 at 05:25 AM.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:23 PM
Registered

I think that is an old ad That was when the guy i sold it to had it for sale
it is i went to glencove marine bc the listing on the bottom said tht but it was not listeed on glencove.
Old 10-26-2010, 04:25 PM
Registered

idk but when i pull up to a dock in a bt every one always ask what kind of boat is it bc it is soo tall and they are only 25 at loto. but bc it is so hight it lean side to side when you are running unless you are doing over 70.
Old 10-27-2010, 07:48 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 23 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by black thunder 46
idk but when i pull up to a dock in a bt every one always ask what kind of boat is it bc it is soo tall and they are only 25 at loto. but bc it is so hight it lean side to side when you are running unless you are doing over 70.
if I remember right for an old thread someone discussed what they had done to address the side to side issue...I think they may have resolved it on the 05 or 06 models...even added the bow thruster which I'm sure helps a lot around the dock with as tall as they are.
Old 10-27-2010, 09:58 AM
PF Marine
Platinum Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

Originally Posted by LAriverratt
if I remember right for an old thread someone discussed what they had done to address the side to side issue...I think they may have resolved it on the 05 or 06 models...even added the bow thruster which I'm sure helps a lot around the dock with as tall as they are.
There is a thread on sos. The outside chines were lowered, which helped alot. THWL on the boards had the first of the newer hulls from late 06' I believe (orange and purple one, i think it got sold to loto).

Monopoly was the first BT to get a bow thruster. They work great from what I've heard!
Old 10-27-2010, 10:30 AM
Banned

Originally Posted by saxman
Just to clarify, the newer 460 BT's will run a best of 75-76 with twin 525's. Trip 525's is a best of about 85mph. They have tickled 90 with 700's and NXT's.
I think a 46 ran over 100 with 850s...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.