Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   I'am Tired of Lurking (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24158-iam-tired-lurking.html)

Playn 05-12-2002 01:44 PM

Welcome to the board! Now post some pics of that cat:D

Flashback 05-12-2002 03:02 PM

Philip
I would love to go to skaterfest but unfortunetly it is a little far for me. As for George Linder, it would be an honor to meet him and I feel that I have already learned somthing from some posts that George and TX2 have made that might have saved my life. When I first bought the cat, we had took it out for the first time and it wanted to dig from side to side at slower speeds. It felt so uncomfortable and quite frankly it scared the crap out of me! My friend told me to go faster and drive through it but I still did not feel safe knowing that if I drug a sponson that it could flip over. I thought to myself that somthing wasn't right and there was no way that Chris Craft would have made a boat that handled like this. So I happened to remember a thread where Tx2 and George Linder were talking about people that had their drives turning inboard to gain a little more top end speed but how unsafe it was.
So I went out to look at the boat to find that my drives were in fact turning inboard. We switched the drives to turn outboard and it was like a different boat. What a relief to know that I wouldn't have to sell it! I called the previous owner to tell him this because I bought the boat sight unseen and did not get to take it out before purchased and the owner never told me that it handled this way. In fact I think this is why he might have sold it.
He said that his mechanic told him that all cats handled this way and so he never knew any different. Thanks to this board for posting some informative info! The cat now handles great and i really like it.

Flashback 05-12-2002 03:09 PM

Playn
I hope to post some pics soon! As soon as I get some good in water shots and learn how to post them. It is a classic Chris Cat with radar arch wearing factory paint scheme, colors and original interior.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-12-2002 03:28 PM

Welcome aboard the BOARD! Good luck with the cat!!;)

FASTCATS 05-12-2002 04:01 PM

Hi Flashback,

Congrats on the Chris, They are great boats. We have a 85 Chris at the shop that is in parts and we have parts for sale, so if we can help with anything at all, let us know, we have basically inherited all of the Chris Cat guys into the family and help any way that we can.

Scott
American Offshore

nebulous 05-12-2002 04:05 PM

Welcome.......
MEOW:D

birdog 05-12-2002 07:37 PM

My first Cat ride was in a Chris !! triple 2.5s Wow!!!!

MIdnightRider 05-12-2002 10:02 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Nothing wrong with Gold Chains or Arch's, ecspecially if you own a Fountain. A Reggie wig with a chin strap also helps.:D

Flashback 05-12-2002 10:22 PM

Midnight Rider
Great looking FTN, gotta love the arch! But you must admit Reggie is a bit dated with the hair and gold. No disrespect to Reggie intented. My intent with the message is that I like classic 80's boats but not some of the other things of that time that would be considered cheesey by todays standards.

MIdnightRider 05-12-2002 10:32 PM

I think most on the Fountain board will agree that Reggie's style is a little 80's, just look at their clothing line. The on running joke is that I call mine the Reggie Ghetto sled because it has black and gold trim. I have been told by a FELLOW FOUNTAIN MEMBER that a gold chain steering wheel would be perfect. It looks hot though, all white hardware helps. And I think an arch looks good on a boat that stretches out a little also. Pardon the noticeable water line, I was just getting ready to clean it. Midnight:cool: