Notices

I'am Tired of Lurking

Old 05-12-2002, 01:19 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Talking I'am Tired of Lurking

After months of surfing OSO I figured it was time to get involved.
I owe my latest boat purchase to OSO. I visit pretty regular, so I found it in the classifieds the day after it was posted. A 1985 Chris Craft- Chris Cat, mostly original and in fair shape. It has Lingenfelter built 540ci blocks, @ 650hp each (naturally aspirated), with #2 speedmaster drives. She does 106 on GPS. I have always considered the purchaseof a cat but have always been a tried a true V-hull man. For a cat to fit my wants it had to have a cabin and handle the ruff stuff with speed and safety. So it is no doub't that I have liked this hull since the first time that I have seen it ! My first knowledge of this hull was right after American Offshore bought the molds from Chris Craft in 1988. It wasn't untill I saw an original Chris Cat in the March 2002 issue of Hot Boat, that I knew for sure that I had to have one! The classic 80's offshore look with a radar arch. Why didn't Crockett & Tubbs have one of these puppy's ? Any how, I just wanted to make my fist post .
Old 05-12-2002, 01:30 AM
Wildfire

Welcome aboard and good night. Donzi.net and OSO convinced me to get back into it as well. Congratulations on your purchase.

Old 05-12-2002, 02:01 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

congrats on the boat purchase. Nice looking Chris Cat, I saw it when it was listed. I too was a long time lurker. Much more fun being "in the mix"
Old 05-12-2002, 02:16 AM
HydroScream

welcome, and its true..... its much more fun being "in the mix"..... oh and nice ride

Old 05-12-2002, 03:25 AM
Charter Member #1528

welcome welcome welcome..... it will quite entertaining!
Old 05-12-2002, 07:52 AM
Registered

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Yep.......Lomg time lurker also......Now Im becoming a reguler "Post Who" {Never catch up with some of you} Welcome !! If you cant find it here,It doesnt matter anyway!!
Old 05-12-2002, 08:06 AM
Registered

Welcome Flash! Anyone that drives a cat is OK in my book...

Heck, anyone on OSO is OK in my book.

Wildfire - Donzi's are great. I sold a 22ZX to get my current cat. I wanted something faster, but my wife loved the Donzi. We'll see how the summer goes.

Last edited by jbrauer; 09-17-2007 at 07:47 PM.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:34 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Too old,
I will be boating on lake norman in charlotte for the most part but will visit other lakes as well. Possibly Lake Murray and for sure Smith Mountian lake and Lake Whylie. Hope to get to some poker runs with it.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:44 AM

Flashback
Welcome to the board !
Old 05-12-2002, 10:37 AM
Registered

Flashback, Welcome, Great boat. Runs great in the rough. You should try to come to Skaterfest in NJ this weekend. George Linder the designer of your boat will be there. I am sure you can learn alot about your new boat from him.
Philip

Quick Reply: I'am Tired of Lurking

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.