Notices

Water @ loto

Old 05-12-2002, 09:46 AM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Water @ loto

So, does anybody know how high the water is at loto? I heard this morning that Missouri has had 8" of rain since friday! I know that a bunch of stations are some 7' above flood stage, but I didn't recognize any of the station names. Talked to Bruce on Friday (he's in St. Louis) and he said that he was cleaning out the shop in anticipation of it being flooded! Bruce-just be sure that my engine gets put on the top shelf! lol Guess I was really wondering just how much cr@p was going to be in the water and how this would affect our plans.
Old 05-12-2002, 09:54 AM
Registered

LAKE OF THE OZARKS. 659.05 FEET AND FALLING

Hey Cord! Check out this link!

http://www.crh.noaa.gov/sgf/products/lkesgf.shtml

It's updated every morning around 9. Yep, we had at least 8 inches in most areas. Lake went up a couple feet overnight, it seemed. Lots of stuff floating around out there as well.

WM
Old 05-12-2002, 09:58 AM
Registered

Too Old:

The Water Patrol has actually issued a warning to boaters to be on the lookout for branches, trees, pieces of dock, and even boats that have drifted loose! There's alot of crap in the water from the sudden rise...not to mention the Mocha Latte color of the water!

WM
Old 05-12-2002, 10:41 AM
Gone Fishin'
Charter Member

Well, we've got almost 2 weeks until we get there. Hopefully all the debris will be gone by then.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:42 AM
Registered

Holy Smoke ...........why I remember one time that I saw a Whole Dang house floating by....... ha ha

yes there probably is a lot of crap out on the water right now. Lets us not forget folks we are boating on a river, a Damn nice river too!. When ever there is alot of rain things get in the lake.

Memorial day is 2 weeks away. full resovoir is 660 we are almost there, as the water recedes and the rains subside the debris will do the same.

As for the clearity of the water, yeah WM's mocha latte color is probably a good description. This too will clear when the rains subside.

I have been around the lake since I was wee small child.......you know just about ..........well lets just a few years ........ and I have NEVER seen entire arms clogged up.........not saying that it hasnt happened.

Look at this as the spring rains refreshing the waters of LOTO .......Did I mention it is always sunny in my world.

Dont panic the Memorial Day gathering will still Rage and NORT ........ they will still not be closing anything down because of having too much FUN..........

Party ON

Last edited by LutzParty; 05-12-2002 at 10:52 AM.
Old 05-12-2002, 10:58 AM
Charter Member #319
Charter Member

The west cost boys will run with this, where you at Nort.
Old 05-12-2002, 12:20 PM
Registered

Actually, having been at Docknockers most of last night, I may have left a trail of shattered crab shells all the way home...

My bad...

WM

Lutz, only 2 buckets this time....was going to go for three, but it was more beer for me!

OH, and for all you Bfentiman fans out there...Barely Felt-a-man ate his first crableg last night!
Old 05-12-2002, 01:05 PM
Registered

Hey Trout! Think again! Hate to post this link, but....

http://www.weather.com/weather/local/65065

WM
Old 05-12-2002, 01:32 PM
Registered

I suspected sarcasm, but figured I"d throw the forecast in just in case!!!!!

50's and rain=ick. Then again, we have 70's and rain....makes it just the more tantalizing....but, like Lutz said...all the rain will refresh the lake, wash all the processed beer down the Osage!

WM
Old 05-12-2002, 07:25 PM
Official OSO boat whore
Charter Member

kinda makes me glad I don't have a boat. Not.

Quick Reply: Water @ loto

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.