Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Phenomenon Update? (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/241704-phenomenon-update.html)

KiloKat 11-02-2010 08:49 AM

Originally Posted by schnydo (Post 3244273)
WHATS THE HIGHEST GPS NUMBER YOU HAVE SEEN IN YOUR MISTIC

218 with the boat still pulling hard at the end of the Shootout mile.

DirtyMoney 11-02-2010 09:43 AM

Originally Posted by boatme (Post 3244167)
Sometimes i wonder if it would not be better to just mount a hull to a fast airplane (small jet) and land it at speed on the water. You could set the water speed record and then fly home

At this point we are over the take off speed of any plane anyways so instead of a fast boat setting a speed record that should be done in an airplane why not set a slow jet down on the water with a fiberglass hull might be a more prudent thing to do :)

(No offence Kilo Kat just tounge and cheek)

By the way Dave and Johhny still rule the water if you ask me

Already done!
Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger of US Airways is the king of the Hudson.

Mastercraft240 11-02-2010 09:46 AM

Originally Posted by rbr2328 (Post 3244325)
Already done!
Chesley "Sully" Sullenberger of US Airways is the king of the Hudson.

Not exactly. I believe they landed in the low 170mph mark (could be wrong). I cant remember where, but I read that they had to land between 150mph and 175mph (so the plane would not nose dive or land too hard) at exactly an 11 degree angle.

Phenomenon 11-02-2010 12:12 PM

We have been out of touch, but have not quit the project. We still remain focused on the goal of the speed record and are currently working in that direction. Scott had to have surgery on his arm for a detached bicep and this slowed down the project a litttle bit. We are awaiting new thrust tubes that will allow us to attach a tiebar between the drives so that we may continue our testing. Will be back in the water next month and will keep you updated. Thanks for your support in this project, as always our focus is to make Al's wish of breaking the record come true and we will.

WARPARTY36 11-02-2010 01:01 PM

That's great to hear Scott:drink: Be safe:coolcowboy:

AB From Windsor 11-02-2010 01:35 PM

Originally Posted by WARPARTY36 (Post 3244511)
That's great to hear Scott:drink: Be safe:coolcowboy:

jayboat 11-02-2010 01:50 PM

Great to hear that.

Good luck and best wishes.

SS930 11-02-2010 02:33 PM

Originally Posted by Phenomenon (Post 3244471)
We have been out of touch, but have not quit the project. We still remain focused on the goal of the speed record and are currently working in that direction. Scott had to have surgery on his arm for a detached bicep and this slowed down the project a litttle bit. We are awaiting new thrust tubes that will allow us to attach a tiebar between the drives so that we may continue our testing. Will be back in the water next month and will keep you updated. Thanks for your support in this project, as always our focus is to make Al's wish of breaking the record come true and we will.

Thanks for updating. One question (I'll be blunt and not dance around the obvious) ... any validity to the rumor of the boat going under? I noticed that wasn't addressed one way or another with your update? If so, what happened?

Catmando 11-02-2010 08:36 PM

Originally Posted by KiloKat (Post 3244285)
218 with the boat still pulling hard at the end of the Shootout mile.

I believe you can break the propeller speed record(220mph Miss Budweiser).