Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   New Boat Owner 29 Scarab Need Help (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/241907-new-boat-owner-29-scarab-need-help.html)

msg16428 11-06-2010 10:04 AM

Originally Posted by andyt25 (Post 3247465)
I know the boat one of my friends looked at it like 5-6 months ago it wasn't bad just the engine cover is going to be hard to come by you're prabably going to have it made and there was no way to find out what was done to the motors without tearing them down they're not stock

I would really like to know whats done to the motors but they do sound great. Really would like to know the history of the boat what problems it has had whats been replaced etc. Replacing thr hatch cover is the least of my worries any upolstry shop can make one of those and that back seat. Going to get the rest of the interior redone while im at it. Motors sound really good so atleast for the present moment they seem to be solid powerplants.

MANITIE 11-06-2010 01:13 PM

Originally Posted by msg16428 (Post 3247456)
I did buy it off ebay, was in brewerton NY. Dont know how long it has been on there for. You guys say pump antifreeze into it.. What do you use to pump it through? I was under the assumption you took a small peice of hose and connected it to the flush connection on the back of the boat started them and dumped AF into it? You make me alittle nervous when you say it has been on ebay for awhile, wonder why nobody else bought it. Was 20k a good deal on that boat needing some work?

This one is for sale and its a 2002 and looks clean and needs nothing....

http://www.suncoastpowerboats.com/su...searchtype=buy

might have been bought for under 33k...

msg16428 11-06-2010 08:02 PM

Originally Posted by MANITIE (Post 3247807)
This one is for sale and its a 2002 and looks clean and needs nothing....

http://www.suncoastpowerboats.com/su...searchtype=buy

might have been bought for under 33k...

I still believe 20 was a good buy that is until get the quote for the seats probably :lolhit:

wjb21ndtown 11-06-2010 08:55 PM

I think you did alright. Just enjoy the hell out of it. If you get $20K worth of pleasure out of it, no one can tell you that you got effed!

:coolcowboy:

Put enough stabilize in your tank to treat the fuel in there.

Take out the T-stats, drill a hole in a 5 gallon bucket and install a shutoff valve, get a small hose and connect it to the muff fitting that you would normally run the boat with the hose on, and run anitfreeze through the motors until it comes out of the exh.

When it starts coming out of the ex squirt fogging oil in the carbs until it stalls.

After that I generally drain the exh. manifolds and open up the T-stat housings, but it seems that most people don't. I just figure the more places that water has to creep into without cracking my blocks/manifolds the better.

You'll be fine.

*** You may want to start having that sunpad/back seat/interior done over winter. At least get it to the point where its ready to be installed. Interior shops can get busy in the spring, and it's a b!tch if you can't fully enjoy your ride because you don't have any place for the girls to sunbathe!

msg16428 11-07-2010 03:57 PM

Originally Posted by wjb21ndtown (Post 3248008)
I think you did alright. Just enjoy the hell out of it. If you get $20K worth of pleasure out of it, no one can tell you that you got effed!

:coolcowboy:

Put enough stabilize in your tank to treat the fuel in there.

Take out the T-stats, drill a hole in a 5 gallon bucket and install a shutoff valve, get a small hose and connect it to the muff fitting that you would normally run the boat with the hose on, and run anitfreeze through the motors until it comes out of the exh.

When it starts coming out of the ex squirt fogging oil in the carbs until it stalls.

After that I generally drain the exh. manifolds and open up the T-stat housings, but it seems that most people don't. I just figure the more places that water has to creep into without cracking my blocks/manifolds the better.

You'll be fine.

*** You may want to start having that sunpad/back seat/interior done over winter. At least get it to the point where its ready to be installed. Interior shops can get busy in the spring, and it's a b!tch if you can't fully enjoy your ride because you don't have any place for the girls to sunbathe!

LOL YES VERY TRUE I have already put a few calls into shops. Boat just isnt the same without the girls sunbathing.

Thanks for the tips on the winterization. I plan to carry that task out this week. I will take your advice on everything, the less places it has to crack the better!! Thanks again