hydrohoist side tie mounts >

hydrohoist side tie mounts

Notices

hydrohoist side tie mounts

Old 11-05-2010, 09:26 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Mooring side-tie B

I'll have pictures of what you need a little later today.

What size lift do you have? I have all the installation manuals but none of them have a clear illustration of the mooring you're trying to do.
Old 11-05-2010, 09:57 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

thanks, it's a 12K lift from what I'm told, It has 4 tubes, 2 outer 30' x 30" & two smaller inners about 20' long
Old 11-05-2010, 10:12 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

I'm looking for the attachment that mounts to the side
Attached Thumbnails hydrohoist side tie mounts-hydrohoist-005.jpg   hydrohoist side tie mounts-hydrohoist-001.jpg  
Old 11-06-2010, 09:15 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by pat@osp
The older style side tie "B" lift uses steel posts and a ring to connect to the dock. There are two steel square tubes tied together at the top and bottom with a few inches of space between them. The tube closer to the lift has a large flat plate welded to it that bolts to a flange on the end of the crossbeams of the lift. They are probably 7 ft tall so that when the lift is fully submerged the top of the posts are at still a bit above the dock. There is a bracket that lag bolts to the dock with a large steel ring attached. The ring is captured between the two posts and bolted to the dock bracket with a U shaped clamp. The ring rides between the posts holding it to the dock and allowing the lift to move up and down.

The newer style lifts have the "euro" style dock brackets. There is one steel square tube 7 or 8 ft tall that's welded to a big piece if flat plate. The flat plate bolts to the same flanges on the lift crossbeams. There is a black PVC tube around 4 inch diameter 7 or 8 ft tall that slides down over the steel tube. Another piece of PVC about 2 ft long slides over the outside of the long PVC and slides up and down on it. The outer PVC tube has a flange on it that allows a rope to go thru it and you then tie that rope to a cleat on the dock. As the lift goes up and down the outer 2 ft PVC tube slides up and down over the outside of the long PVC tube. For it to work right you need to have a cleat on the dock pretty much lined up with the front and rear crossbeam of the lift.

I used to have a 2002 10k lift with the older style dock brackets and now I have a 20k lift with the euro style dock bracket........H20 toie's old lift actually. I might have pictures of both styles. If you want to PM me your email I'll see if I have some pictures I can email to you.

Pat
When the HH dealer installed my 12K lift about 10 years ago he slipped 4" yellow "gas line" over the vertical square tubes. It acted as a chusion between the verticqal square tubes and the stell rings attached to the dock. Worked great!
Old 11-08-2010, 09:04 AM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Waterjack
I'll have pictures of what you need a little later today.

What size lift do you have? I have all the installation manuals but none of them have a clear illustration of the mooring you're trying to do.
still looking for pics's thanks,
Old 11-08-2010, 10:00 AM
Registered

I bought a used hydrohoist lift this year. I did not come with the verticle support pieces or the dock mounting hardware. I fabricated all of the pieces from SS 304 unistrut. I also placed a piece of 2.5" schedule 40 PVC conduit over the verticles on the lift to ease the movement up and down.
Old 11-08-2010, 06:15 PM
Registered

Default Install

I went by the marina earlier today but they are repaving the walkways and had access shut off. He said they'll be reopened late tomorrow afternoon and I'll be back over there.

In the meantime, here are a few pictures of an install from last year in North Carolina. A few of these pictures show the mooring ring I was talking about earlier. I'll should have a closeup tomorow.

Ready for launch:

Installed and fastened to dock:

After first lift:

Guide ropes installed:

Another view:
Old 11-10-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Default Side-Tie Mooring

Here you go:

Old 11-10-2010, 03:35 PM
Registered

My Hydro Hoist has swing arms. The problem I am having with the swing arms is the lift clearing the marina under water hardware, getting center of gravity correct and lift going deep enough for me to back the boat over it. Looks like this system would solve all of my problems. Going to give them a call and see if I can convert my lift to this.
Old 11-10-2010, 05:07 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by Turbojack
My Hydro Hoist has swing arms. The problem I am having with the swing arms is the lift clearing the marina under water hardware, getting center of gravity correct and lift going deep enough for me to back the boat over it. Looks like this system would solve all of my problems. Going to give them a call and see if I can convert my lift to this.
Here's what you may need. It's a Poly Lift multi-tank shallow water lift. This is a 6000 lb. model but they make them any size you need. The white controller with a blue lid is a remote control system that also monitors the lift while you're away. If it drops for any reason a pressure switch turns on the blower motor and airs it up with no user intervention.

It may be cheaper to lengthen the underwater brace by the clearance you need. If water depth is an issue you could use what's called a telescoping underwater brace that can hit bottom and slide within a collar.

Last edited by Waterjack; 11-10-2010 at 05:09 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.