Notices

Hilton Head SC

Old 11-18-2009, 09:48 AM
Registered

Received 21 Likes on 10 Posts
Default Hilton Head SC

Hello all,

I will be spending the week of Thanksgiving in Hilton Head with the family. We are planning on dragging the boat down for the week and keeping it at Palmetto Bay marina.

Any local people on the board? Suggestions on good spots to go? I have not seen many performance boats in the area, but they have to be hiding somewhere. If anybody wants to meet up for a cold one, let me know!

I wonder how the cruiser crowd at Harbor town will like my 5" CMI's...
Old 11-18-2009, 11:03 AM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Talking

probably as much as my twin 900 blower motors ! make sure you rev it up,it echoes real well when leaving the harbor.

I would go to the may river and up to palmetto bluff plantation.use the middle dock which is the public dock.

Restaurant,bar by the pool behind the inn.Very interesting place Im building homes here.You can get bicyles and cruise around.

Dafuskie island has marshside mammas which is open for thanksgiving,and the intercoastal to Savannah is close.

If you need anything let me know,currently boatless.
Old 11-18-2009, 01:48 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by plumbers crack
make sure you rev it up,it echoes real well when leaving the harbor.
Love it! I will check out Marshside mammas, and Palmetto Bluff. Savannah is certainly on the list. How is the run up to Charleston?
Old 11-18-2009, 02:12 PM
Registered

I took my 31 Sonic there five years ago. Not a powerboating community at all. When I pulled into the Salty Dog people were making negative comments after I had shut it down. I did not have any type of quick and quiet. I did see one old Fountian 10 meter. After a couple of days the dock master at Palmeto Bay took a liking to us. I think it was the loud go fast stigma.
Old 11-18-2009, 02:40 PM
Registered

Talking

Take a car ride to charleston,hope the weather is good for ya.Mostly sunny dead flat, and occasional dead flat water this time of year.Ha Ha Last sat night was smooth as glass.wish we had the boat.

Salty dog is just about unavigatable now unless its high tide.Not much to see there.

We have a 7 foot tide here so if you are exploring go on low with an incoming tide behind you.

Palmetto bay,capt woody's shelter cove has few more restaurants and bars.

Palmettobluffonline.com
Old 11-18-2009, 05:39 PM
Registered

Received 103 Likes on 75 Posts

RT you from the Granville just east of Alexandria?
Old 11-18-2009, 05:56 PM
Registered

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

The ride down to Savannah is a great ride. Have to be very careful with shallow water and trash in the water around Savannah. The water is murky and difficult to see shallow spots. Make sure you have some good maps. I remember the ride to Savannah at about 15 to 20 minutes. Used to spend some time there and never really saw many performance boats. Mostly center consoles.
Old 11-18-2009, 06:18 PM
Registered

hey, I live in savannah so if you need any assistance, call me, i will be in town that weekend. you can do the intracoastal from there to savannah or run the outside. depends on the conditions. the intracoastal is marked well. just look out for stuff in the water when iin the savannah river. if the tides are running strong, you will see more floating stuff.
Russ Floyd 912-313-8686
Old 11-18-2009, 09:11 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

I lived in Charleston and not much of a powerboat community. very boring and nowhere to go. moved back to florida glad to be back. just my to cents
Old 11-19-2009, 05:20 PM
Registered

Thanks for the input guys. I didn't think there was much performance boating down there, but it looks like we should find plenty to do to have fun.

Originally Posted by bigboat28
RT you from the Granville just east of Alexandria?
Yes I am, are you close?

Originally Posted by BulletProof
hey, I live in savannah so if you need any assistance, call me, i will be in town that weekend. you can do the intracoastal from there to savannah or run the outside. depends on the conditions. the intracoastal is marked well. just look out for stuff in the water when iin the savannah river. if the tides are running strong, you will see more floating stuff.
Russ Floyd 912-313-8686
Thanks Russ! If you have the Bullet out, or if you're in downtown Savannah, give me a call. We will be spending at least one evening there, possibly more. 740 504 8855

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.