Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Whos doing NYC poker Run (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24206-whos-doing-nyc-poker-run.html)

puder 05-14-2002 10:54 AM

DJD don't worry with SY Goldberg on her boat all the ladies will certainly be scared away.....

what was it "sniffing ladies bicycle seats".....

SunseekerNY 05-14-2002 11:06 AM

DJD and Dave:

I'm bi.

:eek:

Seriously, I'm a girlie girl to the bone. I'm really not fond of riding on a boat at 100+ mph anymore. Been there/done that for too many years. I love the sights; I love the sounds; I love the smell of Cam II in the morning. I don't like it when my hair gets matted like a dog's; I don't like it when I can't drink a soda when I'm thirsty; I don't like it when my sun hat flies off the back of the boat.

I'm getting old, fat, lazy and spoiled. Cut me some slack, and let the ladies join me. Or, let's make a deal here. Let's raft, and I'll do the hours d'vours and you guys run the blender. I'm thinking a raw bar if possible (I do live in the Sushi captial of the WORLD). I can bring down fresh strawberries, bagels, pin-wheel lox and some danish in the morning. I used to write a column for the Fire Island Tide called dining afloat. Time to put my hard-earned research to the test.

One thing to keep in mind here, though, boys. I REALLY want to do a live broadcast from the boat. I'm fairly certain I can get Linssen to sponsor it and broadcast from their site. Otherwise I might show up with a Sunseeker. Puder, call me at the office this afternoon, and let's set this up. If you aren't doing anything today, get your butt up there. Jim has the car there.

Jennifer

SHARKEY-IMAGES 05-14-2002 07:05 PM

:eek: :eek: Jen, Does that boat need a tender??? The heck with the run, I'm rafting up....;) :D :D :D

SunseekerNY 05-14-2002 11:26 PM

Sharkey:

Consider yourself aboard.

Jennifer

CBR 05-15-2002 01:45 AM

That is a nice offer Jen, of offering a perch for the wives of speed demons! If you have space, I think my wife and the wife of my co pilot would be interested in that. The Hyperfishing boat will be much faster this year with the new motors/drives, and neither wife seems keen to leap the waves, prefering to just watch this year.

SunseekerNY 05-15-2002 11:03 AM

Chris:

It beats hangin out and waiting for you to come back at the marina.

I ashamed to admit this. I forgot your wife's name! Lord strike me down.

I'm a hurting unit this morning. I'm having another allergic reaction to seafood. I didn't learn the first three times! My eyes are almost swollen shut, and I'm going back to bed. Damn! I love seafood. This isn't fair.

Jennifer

CBR 05-16-2002 12:30 AM

The two Janes are delighted to be your guests, since both are uncomfortable when I get crazy on the boat throttles, and don't relish the idea of sitting dockside awaiting my return.

Hal and I will entrust our wives to you and your crew for the day. Is this wise with Puder aboard???? <ggg>

Please email me the location of your sick bed, I'll send you something that will be sure to make you feel better.

Cheers,

Chris

otis311 05-16-2002 11:25 AM

Ill be down again this year. Ill be arriving on Friday Am. Ive Got 2 FF from FDNY with me for the ride and im hooking Shane up with 2 more. If any one else has room and would like to take some of the Bravest with them for the run ,let me know. Or if anyone would be available to give a ride or two before or after the run let me know. I am going to contact Billy today and see if he has anything planned for these guys.(FDNY or NYPD) As some of you know, I have been on the job as a Firefighter for 10 years and know alot of these guys very very well and have heard the sories of the mental struggles they are experincing dealing with the aftermath of 9/11. I can not think of a better way to help relieve stress than a FAST BOAT RIDE. Lets see what kind of response I get from you people and then Ill take this to the proper people at FDNY and try and get something going here.

Bob Scanlon 518 361-0811 or [email protected]

SunseekerNY 05-16-2002 11:38 AM

I'm about to miss a plane,

Otis, I think I have room for some more people on the Linssen. I'll talk to them on the way down and figure out how many spots we have. I'd LOVE to give these guys a ride, even if they are just spectating from my boat. You can line up the fast guys for rides before and after.

I don't know if they had planned on taking out any clients for the day.

Jennifer

Philip 05-16-2002 05:31 PM

Otis, You are putting your friends in a boat with Shane? Did I read that right? They may be very brave, but are you sure they are that brave? We are talking about The same Shane? the one that runs his 24' Skater like a 46'? I think you should show them one or 2 tapes of Shanes past NYC runs. A few years ago In the NYC run we were going south about 90 mph, and what do I see pull up but "Sane" Shane, well trim up, (28' Skater, (2) 300 Pro max) run up into the low 100,s look over, and who is still there? Pesky "Sane" Shane, it took a few more mph to pull away, and not by much, he was still there. They risk their lives every day but Shane does this for fun.