Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Crash and burn, Kachina sucks azz even after it's demise. >

Crash and burn, Kachina sucks azz even after it's demise.

Notices

Crash and burn, Kachina sucks azz even after it's demise.

Old 11-09-2010, 02:26 PM
Registered

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Crash and burn, Kachina sucks azz even after it's demise.

Louie is dead and in the dirt, lawsuits are flying everywhere and at least 4 people are in the exact same situation that I was in back in late 2005 with an unfinished boat that is completely paid for that they do not have access too because the building is on lockdown and the whole thing starts getting sold off by the controlling bank on the 17th.
I was approached by a super nice couple from the Grand Lakes area 6 weeks ago who are in that situation now with their dream boat they paid 170k cash for just sitting in the building completely bare and unrigged with only a lawsuit against a completely insolvent company to look forward too in other words they are screwed.
The reason I filed suit against these clowns 5 years ago was to stand up to this lying prick and to inform the entire boating public about the shenanigans going on over there, in response Kachina's owner Louie called up Steve from OSO and threatened to sue him and Steve locked down the thread.
It is such a completely avoidable mess, if you are buying a boat do your due diligence and NEVER pay off a title-able item before verifying with your OWN EYES that it is as it should be. Learn from my mistake and the others that are now in the same spot because of these crooks.
Old 11-09-2010, 02:32 PM
Registered

The original suit thread that Steve was forced to lockdown.
http://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/g...owerboats.html
Old 11-09-2010, 02:55 PM
Registered

Received 2,970 Likes on 981 Posts

Bro, sorry to hear about this. That sucks big time. This is why information sharing via boards is a good thing, especially when it's more involved than just rumor - you actually have first hand knowledge.

Good luck on getting this resolved.
Old 11-09-2010, 07:43 PM
Platinum Member
Platinum Member

Received 30 Likes on 15 Posts

sorry to hear that man.. I hate this stuff..trusting someone to only get ripped off. I have a case of my own that will be rearing its ugly head on the Beware Page..shortly.. Eventually I will own this company. Good Luck too you, and all the people that have been ripped off by these guys..Jeff
Old 11-09-2010, 08:26 PM
Registered

Originally Posted by thisistank
Bro, sorry to hear about this. That sucks big time. This is why information sharing via boards is a good thing, especially when it's more involved than just rumor - you actually have first hand knowledge.

Good luck on getting this resolved.
Tank Im good to go already, I won my suit and got a small judgement that helped take care of 75% of my legal bills, the 4 other parties are the ones that are screwed for between 100K- .5mil.
At least Kachina cant screw any more good boaters out there.

To all the scumbag builders out there, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW AND KARMA IS A MUTHAF*$KER!!!
Old 11-10-2010, 07:48 AM
Registered

Wow, someone is screwed for a 1/2 Million.
Old 11-10-2010, 08:06 AM
Neno the mind boggler
VIP Member

Received 271 Likes on 96 Posts

Originally Posted by METAL BROS RACING
Tank Im good to go already, I won my suit and got a small judgement that helped take care of 75% of my legal bills, the 4 other parties are the ones that are screwed for between 100K- .5mil.
At least Kachina cant screw any more good boaters out there.

To all the scumbag builders out there, YOU REAP WHAT YOU SEW AND KARMA IS A MUTHAF*$KER!!!
Keep an eye on them real good Ken and keep the board informed. A lot of these types simply pack up, change names and carry on screwing people under a new name. There not likely to change professions.
08 OPA High Points Champion
10 OPA Class 1 National Champion ( happy now Ed! )

Last edited by glassdave; 11-10-2010 at 08:08 AM.
Old 11-10-2010, 11:34 AM
Registered

Received 44 Likes on 11 Posts

I was just thinking yesterday how no one on here talks about Kachina. A buddy of mine was looking at buying one a few years ago so I looked at them and the gel coats looked cool how you could build your own and no 2 were the same. I don't know how performance was on these boats but it just seemed you got a lot of custom parts for a standard price. I guess after reading this I'm glad I never persued getting one.
Old 11-10-2010, 12:08 PM
Registered

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I knew little about them except never hearing anything good about the company (not the boat themselves) even way back on the old Hot Boat Board Kachina was a dirty word.
I think the name was a clue about what they planned ..
(Kashingout)
Old 11-10-2010, 01:33 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Thats a shame. Some of us learn the hard way. My dad is still owed over 100k by an OSO favorite because he paid for a boat they never built it. They even agreed to a settlement but never paid it.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.