Go Back  Offshoreonly.com > General Discussion > General Boating Discussion
Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!! >

Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!!

Notices

Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!!

Old 10-20-2010, 03:13 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!!

Hi guys! I am considdering to buy a lift for my boat. Since we only have big marinas with floating docks here, the only version that would fit is a lift that connects to the "main dock" with a hinge, and that has pontoons that is filled with air by an electric pump.

I would very much apprechiate your experiences with this system. Please also post some pictures if you have. And also, who sell these lifts??

Thank you!!

Erik
Old 10-20-2010, 06:37 AM
Registered

Received 108 Likes on 65 Posts

I have an Air Dock System. Works great. Lifts my 10,000 boat clean out of the water and simple to set up and operate. Heres a pic....
Attached Thumbnails Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!!-002.jpg  
Old 10-20-2010, 07:13 AM
Registered
VIP Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Stay away from the front mount lifts. They are ok for small bass boats. But they are hard on docks. If you get a lift. Make sure it's a 4 point system. I can send pics later tonight if you'd like to see what I have.
Old 10-21-2010, 11:40 AM
Registered

Thanks for the input. Would this kind of lift also be possible to make for larger boats? Like 10.000 Lbs day cruisers etc?

I guess it is of great importance that the balance is right, so that the lift is not pushing the dock under? Or up?

Which manufacturers make these?
Old 10-21-2010, 11:57 AM
Registered

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

The Airdock systems like kreed has look to be the simplest and most cost effective. The only real big downside to them is you have to worry about air leaks... don't piss off your neighbor!

Honestly, the AD would be the way I'd go if it were my money, but your location and circumstances should dictate which type of lift is best suited for your application and needs.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:14 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Hi guys! I am considdering to buy a lift for my boat. Since we only have big marinas with floating docks here, the only version that would fit is a lift that connects to the "main dock" with a hinge, and that has pontoons that is filled with air by an electric pump.

I would very much apprechiate your experiences with this system. Please also post some pictures if you have. And also, who sell these lifts??

Thank you!!

Erik
I used a 12,000# HydroHoist for several years to lift my 35' go fast. It side-mounted to the floating dock. Worked great. Handled several significant storms well. Just be sure to raise/lower the lift as they instruct!

The company makes lifts samll enough for a PWC and big enough for the Queen Mary (well...maybe that big!). They really stood behind their product when I had a problem several years after it was purchased. Excellent, excellent company. (Nope, I have no connection to them other than being a very happy, previous customer.)

I now have a fixed dock/lift. I like it much better than floating.
Old 10-21-2010, 12:27 PM
Registered

Thanks, I am sure the air dock is great, but I want to see the whole hull and be able to wash it and get to the drives also. That should be possible with a platform around the boat mounted to the frame..?

Have anyone seen that?
Old 10-21-2010, 12:35 PM
Registered
Platinum Member

Originally Posted by Yamaha 225
Thanks, I am sure the air dock is great, but I want to see the whole hull and be able to wash it and get to the drives also. That should be possible with a platform around the boat mounted to the frame..?

Have anyone seen that?
My hydrohoist had walkways (actually stabilzers when the lift is lowered) and a work platform on the rear. The walk ways were standard, the rear platform an option. Oh, absolutely get 4 guide posts with the lift!
Old 10-21-2010, 08:43 PM
Registered
VIP Member

I have a 10,000# Econo Lift that works great. The lift has dual blowers and lifts the boat rather quickly. I built extensions on the front corners of my slip to have access to the open bow and for ease of waxing and wiping down the boat after use.
Attached Thumbnails Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!!-picture-073.jpg   Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!!-picture-074.jpg   Need opinions and pics of floating lift, front bow mounted to a floating dock!!-picture-075.jpg  

Old 10-23-2010, 05:35 PM
Registered

Capt2130: Thanks alot for the pictures. I have a similar dock, and figures just out that I can mount the front mount lift under the mooring floaters!! Do you have any more pics of this under the slim where it is mounted to the dock?

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.