Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   Jayboat, Pete B and Jeff Helmkamp great Key West shots..... (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/242434-jayboat-pete-b-jeff-helmkamp-great-key-west-shots.html)

Wahoo ATV 11-15-2010 08:42 AM

Having put on an OPA event for two years, all I can say is that the events wouldn't happen without a program. That program wouldn't exist without the generousity of people like Tim, Pete and others.

Perhaps this site should pay for their content in exchange for no watermarks.

Rob Rich 11-15-2010 09:29 AM

:popcorn:

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-15-2010 10:50 AM

Originally Posted by Wahoo ATV (Post 3253285)
Perhaps this site should pay for their content in exchange for no watermarks.

Dean,
That was exactly how the KW Worlds of 2009 ended up with 2 banners on the bottom of the images and no watermarks across the main subject of the image's content

Same went for the Miami Boat Show images.

I acknowledged those responsible for sponsoring the images.

Not sure how much appreciation was shown to the sponsors for doing so, but I did what I could for them... ;)

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-15-2010 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by offshoredrillin (Post 3253195)
Fact is photography is your hobby and you are trying to make some money from it to cover some expenses, that in itself is fair enough, however you and certain other photogs put so much crap on your posted photos that they arent worth the time to look at because they are covered and surrounded with garish crap, between that and your insufferable panties always being in a bunch and complaining about everyone and everything, this isn't TimSharkeyonly.com. Don't try to blame me or any other person on this board because you cant make a living at your hobby.

Perhaps you should get your FACTS straight!

I have had an LLC since 2006 for my Photography...
It is a business. I pay my taxes quarterly.
My income from it is just fine as it is a very diversified business.

I am also a current member of Professional Photographers of America in good standing and have been for several years.

I don't know what your issue is with me, it can't simply be over a 75% opacity text on the center of my images. :confused:

There is no more text and graphics on my images than some of the other photogs .... :confused:

But being as you are the content expert for OSO, you must know better.

If the majority of the members here on OSO don't care for the images, than there's no reason to post them.

It certainly would free up a lot of my time.

If I am not welcome to shoot the Maryland events, please advise. From the people who I believe are the ones in charge of the events they are the ones that have granted me the permission to shoot.

If you know better, by all means let me know.

I have other events I can cover that I have been asked to come shoot.

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-15-2010 11:03 AM

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3253148)
You're right Jimmy.
The only one's that ever had my logo on them were the ones Alec & I gave out at the OPA Awards Party last year...
That's only because they were being sponsored by us.

I stand corrected!

I also sponsored 20 + images for the Pit Display that Cotner Trailers asked for..

They all had the Sharkey Logo as well as the OffshoreOnly Logo on them as a courtesy to OffshoreOnly.com....

Catastrophe 11-15-2010 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by Rob Rich (Post 3253319)

WMF 11-15-2010 11:26 AM

[QUOTE=SHARKEY-IMAGES;3253393][B]
But being as you are the content expert for OSO, you must know better

Thats the truth!!!! lol and dont forget 1 OSO birthday wisher!! lol

SHARKEY-IMAGES 11-15-2010 11:30 AM

[QUOTE=WMF;3253411]

Originally Posted by SHARKEY-IMAGES (Post 3253393)
[B]
But being as you are the content expert for OSO, you must know better

Thats the truth!!!! lol and dont forget 1 OSO birthday wisher!! lol

Sorry I couldn't grant that wish this season. In order to get the shot I need to be at the right place at the right time. :drink:

Cash Bar 11-15-2010 11:40 AM

Wow, this thread went to heck quickly.

berns29scarab 11-15-2010 11:55 AM

Originally Posted by Cash Bar (Post 3253423)
Wow, this thread went to heck quickly.

as have so many others