Offshoreonly.com

Offshoreonly.com (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/)
-   General Boating Discussion (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion-51/)
-   -   OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!! (https://www.offshoreonly.com/forums/general-boating-discussion/24245-oso-scandal-all-must-read.html)

Jayl13 05-16-2002 09:40 AM

I think the moderators and or Board Gods, really need to lock all these threads so this childish 2nd grade bickering and *****ing at eachother stops.

In every crowd your going to find people that love one brand and hate others.
freedom of speach does not mean verbally slander and trash people and their choices.

Nuff said,
BRING ON THE PAD LOCK !!!!!!!!
Jason

SLINGSHOT 05-16-2002 10:15 AM

DONT THINK SO

I DONT REALLY THINK THIS EXACT THREAD IS SLANDERING ANYONE ITS PEOPLES VIEWS ON HOW AN EMPLOYEE/OWNER WAS DECEITFULL IN CONDUCTING BUSINESS. EVERYONES IN ENTITLED TO THAT....AND IF NOT THEN DONT CLICK THE THREAD THERE IS PLENTY MORE!

Jayl13 05-16-2002 10:36 AM

Okay, first take your caps lock off, that means you're yelling at people......
Second, I agree, people are allowed to voice their opionions on business conduct and what not, that is not my issue, but the whole start to this was, cig or active thunder posts all over the place.
You want an AT, go buy one, you want a cig, go buy one.
you want to ask a few questions, fine go ahead, but towards the end of the whole AT/CIG saga was basically bashing cig.
If you have a cig that you thought was junk, then by all means, you can voice your opinion. I read all of the threads and felt that without purchasing one, and being on one for 10 minutes, that does not give anyone the right to open a case of whoopass on a company.
Why does Cig have so many happy customers and repeat business? Cause they make a quality product and their design and style has been proven longer than most boat manufacturers.

AT, okay they have not been around nearly as long as the Cig and when they started out, they bought Sonic molds and altered the deck a touch. That is fine too, but the OH THE AT More than outpreformed the cig in every way possible blah blah, you can NOT gather that information in 10 minutes in some backwater channel.
Now I am NOT bashing AT, I have NEVER been on an AT before so I can not form an opinion on it. Nor will I.
But I will guarentee that my next boat will be a sonic and if AT is still using their hull design from a while back, then I can say that it can handle the rough stuff pretty well.

Reason I said lock the thread is because now the bickering has gone from a few individuals to just about all of us voicing our opinions. This is really getting out of hand and I hate to see friends being sucked into this from other parties. Someone tried to pull Kurt (biggus) into this (cause he bought his Cig) and he wanted nothing to do with it and either do I.

Nuff said, and Im staying out of this, I own a baja and am proud to own a Baja and that is that. No I dont have the nicest, most expensive or wildest or prettiest boat inthe world, but I worked my ass to the bone for every dollar I paid for it, Im redoing the whole thing with my own two hands and it is paid in full and im proud of my accomplishments with it. No one handed me squat to get it, it all came from my own desire to bust my ass to earn it and I have no regrets in buying it and redoing it.
Jason

The Wizard 05-16-2002 12:55 PM

Hey Slinshot,

Couldn't agree with you more! In MY OPINION the owners of AT were in on it.

Some of us were born at night, but not last night ;)

;)zzie

The Wizard 05-16-2002 01:03 PM

If I were POWERPLAY, I'd put this scandal in all the boating magazines....

;)zzie

The Wizard 05-16-2002 01:07 PM

RIGHT UNDER THEIR AD!!!!!!!!!!!

;)ZZIE

DJD 05-16-2002 01:43 PM

Originally posted by Goodfella
In this industry you have to be very very carefull what and who you talk to and about. It is a very tight knit community. :cool: You are always accountable for what you type or what comes out of your mouth. You will always be linked to where you get a paycheck from. [/B]
Well said Goodfella.
I have always told people about your great service and how you helped me out with drives & parts on many occasions.
Lately though, all of the badmouthing you do against SBI and their racers has turned my stomach.
You have lost a customer and ALOT of references.

Ron P 05-16-2002 01:49 PM

Staring wild eyed at the screen with one hand on the mouse and the other in a big bucket of popcorn....

munch, munch, munch, urp......

Damn kernel is stuck in between my teeth. Maybe it's time to switch to maltballs for a while.

Terrie.... bring up another beer please...

Risk Taker 05-16-2002 02:05 PM

Originally posted by DJD

Well said Goodfella.
I have always told people about your great service and how you helped me out with drives & parts on many occasions.
Lately though, all of the badmouthing you do against SBI and their racers has turned my stomach.
You have lost a customer and ALOT of references.

WWHHHHOOOOAAAA......:eek: :eek: . BUSTED.......didn't see that coming !!!!!!

Luke_Chinewalker 05-16-2002 03:46 PM

Originally posted by Goodfella
Here some info that will shed some light on the situation. I recieved a telephone call from AT Pat today.
He is personally calling every marine business that had anything to do with this slanderous assault headed by his employee. A certain login name was used to drum up negative publicity towards the company that I work for in a thread that envolved one of pat's 32 Thunders. He opologized for the mans actions. I don't know what other companies that he has called but it was very white of him to pick up the phone and to do the right thing!

hey goodfella, thank you for editing you post above and removing that "off color" remark