OSO Scandal,  ALL MUST READ!!!! >

OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Notices

OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Old 05-15-2002, 10:17 AM
Registered

Received 10 Likes on 5 Posts
Default conspiracy theory

look at it this way.....you guys are acting shocked that this could happen.....well look how AT advertises...

"we wont hustle you" and we're not "outta your limits"

"maybe the fountain of youth is not really a fountain at all"

"its the skater of v bottoms"

all that is a matter of opinion especially the skater statement.

they dont have a track record of racing like skater does nor a v bottom mfg like cig or fountain.

I DONT care if the guy raced a skater.......its opinion and a bad form of advertising to print underlying meanings that trash your competition.
I LIKE AT, I was at the factory and talked to steve wilson, but I dont agree with their sales approach and especially this, its unprofessional and I think in my opinion Pat did know about because it trickles down to the print ads.

WATCH THE MOVIE "GOSSIP" AND SEE HOW FAR TRASH TALK CAN DEVELOP INTO SOMETHING.

VERY BAD MOVE ON AT'S PART IN THE AD DEPT.

P.S. IF YOU GUYS DONT KNOW THIS STEVE IS "PART OWNER OF AT". AT LEAST THATS WHAT HE TOLD ME, OTHERWISE HE WOULDNT HAVE LEFT SEARAY AS THIER DESIGNER.

Last edited by SLINGSHOT; 05-15-2002 at 10:20 AM.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:18 AM
Gold Member
Gold Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I have no axe to grind with either company but if I did something like that on company time and equipment I'd be fired on the spot.
Why? Because I have no right to represent the company or voice personal opinions as being those of the company.
True, if he did all this on his own time they can't really do anything. I'll bet he was called in the front office and they had a loooong talk about it and what happens if he does it again.
Either way they should make a public statement explaining this guys actions and attempt to straighten this out.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:32 AM
Charter Member
Charter Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Well I guess everyone here could considering me one of those AT cheerleaders. I've owned my 32' since '98 and have been very well taken care ever since that time. In fact Pat was helping me out when I was having all those problmes with Aero Tech back in '95, long before I was even a customer. PAT has an extremely strong work ethic and high integrigrity in managing his business. I don't know Steve W. as well however. He came with me one time to try and help me on an issue with Aero Tech at the the request of Pat back in '95. He has always been decent to me. Since however my relationship strted with Pat I still deal pretty exclusivly with him. I don't know anything about PowerPlay except to say that one time I called and asked for liturature along time ago and never got any. I'm sure it was no big deal. They were probaly getting some many request and ran out or something. What Steve did I do not agree with, as far as using multiple screen names for his own agenda. I guess the whole thing regarding what was being said as being considered "slanderous" is for others to decide. I'm sure, knowing Pat like I do that he will take care of the situation regarding Steve. We may never know exactly what this may involve but I know something will be done.

One thing I think everyone can agree on here is that this has whole "fued" between Steve W. and PowerPlay has kept PP and AT on the top of peoples disscusions. Hows that old saying go about even bad publisity is good. Something like that anyways.
Old 05-15-2002, 10:42 AM
Registered

Why is there a difference of whether is was done on company time or not If I entered a public forum and had less than nice things to say about my competition, regardless of whether is was from work or home at night, I would be immediately fired, as would anyone that works for me.

This was done maliciously and premeditated (the six screen names that had conversations with each other)..... and a little schizophrenic. This was not an honest discussion of the pros/cons of a product that are a fixture of this Board. It was a full blown attempt to discredit a competitor.

The fact that this "Pat" comes on here with a half-hearted apology and partly blames OSO for the explosiveness of the situation, simply shows me that he condones that type of behavior. I for one would NEVER do business with a company that operated in that way.

If I were PP, I would be going after them with both barrels blazing............

Just my $0.02
Old 05-15-2002, 11:01 AM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Being in the market for a new boat, I have been researching several different brands. Actually all of them that fit my criterea.
After all of this crap (and that's what it is in my opinion)..............................

I think I'll buy a CIG!
Old 05-15-2002, 11:06 AM
Registered

I'm with SummerObsession! With a Cig, there is no BS attached.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:58 AM
GOT MERC?

Summer Obsession,HP-J,
You both need to do some more research! Also one comment
for RED STRIPE I don't care if you are on line at home or at work. At a resturant eating dinner, at an offshore race or poker run etc. In this industry you have to be very very carefull what and who you talk to and about. It is a very tight knit community. You are always accountable for what you type or what comes out of your mouth. You will always be linked to where you get a paycheck from.
Old 05-15-2002, 01:02 PM
Registered

Damn! I sure am glad I just have one of those "old antiques"

Hey Robbie
How's the new boat coming? Can't wait to see it and wash the salt out of our mouths with a cold beverage. Let's head to the Keys for some fun when you get it.

Robert
Old 05-15-2002, 08:19 PM
GOT MERC?

Cool

Here some info that will shed some light on the situation. I recieved a telephone call from AT Pat today.
He is personally calling every marine business that had anything to do with this slanderous assault headed by his employee. A certain login name was used to drum up negative publicity towards the company that I work for in a thread that envolved one of pat's 32 Thunders. He opologized for the mans actions. I don't know what other companies that he has called but it was very white of him to pick up the phone and to do the right thing!

Last edited by Goodfella; 05-16-2002 at 08:11 AM.
Old 05-15-2002, 11:47 PM
Registered

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It's nice he is calling his venders and associates, but has he called Powerplay? In my business we had a competitor run a questionable add refering to a recent sale of our bank, something to the effect that they were the bank that didn't "sell out". Our bank CEO and our bank president got a call from the president of that bank and the CEO of that bank monday (it ran on a saturday) after it ran apologizing for the add and outlining what actions they took aginst the marketing department head. Our CEO was still pissed but at least they had the guts to pick up the phone and admit that wasn't the way to do business and take our displeasure head on. When I ran into the their president a few days later he appoligized to me too and I just run our mortgage department.

What about the perspective customers this "may" turn away? Has he addressed that? I am not casting stones but if I was at the point of buying another boat I would not be satisfied with what has been made public on his part.

Thats just one mans opinion.

Quick Reply: OSO Scandal, ALL MUST READ!!!!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.