If this is your first visit, please click the Sign Up now button to begin the process of creating your account so you can begin posting on our forums! The Sign Up process will only take up about a minute of two of your time.

Follow us on Facebook Follow us on Twitter

Twin vs single rudder design

Back in the day when boats started using rudders behind the boat they would put a rudder behind each prop shaft (ie Jesse James, Gentry, Dirty Laundry, etc) But know they only use a single rudder in the middle.

I know it's less drag, but i would think the boat would steer better with twin rudders...

Any thoughts?

My Boats:
    BAJA OL 650HP/ SABER 28 Gellner unlimited with konrad ace
    weight wise you have two less rams and one less rudder thats heavy. plus I heard that the single rudder is set up different than and ran different than outdrive set ups no power steering pump the helm is the pump.when your shooting for 200mph every pound counts, a friend changed his boat over this summer, he replaced all his water coolers to air and fuel coolers .he saved 500lbs between that and getting rid of his air pumps that switch his crash boxes on the turbine to a lighter set up. maybe he will chime in when he see this thread. art